“Very good for a Local Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3998 Brush Hollow Road, Westbury, NY 11590   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Brooklyn, NY
“Very good for a Local Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We spent 1 night at the Viana for a friends wedding. Upon driving up to the entrance, we were immediately greeted by a very friendly, very professional young man who assisted us with the unloading of the car. The check in was very quick and then the same bellman escorted us to our room, PH22. Do not be fooled by the "PH" aka Penthouse. Our view was awful. We faced the back of the hotel, the industrial side. Not pretty. Since it was a Saturday, they were closed and it was quiet, I can see if it were a weekday, it would be loud. The room itself was very nicely decorated and above all, it was immaculate. Comparing this hotel to others in the immediate area, it was a 4 Seasons Resort. We did not have the opportunity to experience all the Viana had to offer, the restaurant, bar, spa etc. Though we would have liked to. I can't say enough about the staff. They were very attentive, friendly and professional. We enjoyed our brief stay and if in the area again, we would not look elsewhere.

Green Features: This hotel practices great environmentally friendly practices. Has a 2 button flush system on the toilet to save water, 2 sectioned trash cans so that you can recycle on one side and it and not have to walk to another trash can.

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
New Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I had tickets for a concert at the Westbury Music Fair. We didn't want to make the 11/2 hour drive back home after the concert so we booked a room a Viana. This turned out to be a perfect combo. The staff greeting us was incredibly friendly and helpful. Check-in was simple and our bags were carried by Joe who also hung up our jackets, got us ice and helped us with questions about the hotel and local area. Everyone we encountered there, couldn't have been more pleasant and their mood was infectious. We soon found ourselves smiling and complimenting this wonderful hotel at every turn. Other hotel managers should send their employees here to be schooled in how to treat guests. Walking back to the hotel after the concert, we settled into a beautiful, comfortable room for a great night's sleep...the end to a perfect evening.

Room Tip: The PH (penthouse) floor is great.
Plainview, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The hotel was perfect, clean, friendly, accommodating, and the rooms were spotless and comfortable. Not only was the hotel beautiful for my best friends wedding party and family needs but the hair and make up services of Erika and Lauren were incredible. They were so accommodating and tweaking every little eye lash or piece of hair to make everything beautiful. They exceeded our expectations in every way shape and form. Hands down i would recommend using them for any occasion. They worked with us to make sure everyone especially the bride was beyond happy.

cant wait to use them again for my next event

Room Tip: try not to stay rooms directly in front of elevators it gets a little noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had our wedding block scheduled from October 10 to 13th. From the moment our wedding guests arrived, the Viana staff was professional, courteous and organized. Luis, the bellman, was simply the best helping everyone with their luggage. Kim and Erin were also very helpful making sure everything went smoothly. The rooms were very clean, modern, and spacious. The food was delicious (both room service and Marco Polo). All of our guests had a really positive experience. We highly recommend the Viana.

Long Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

In the beginning of August, my husband and I reserved a room as part of a wedding block for his sister's wedding (10/6/2013). I had a confirmation e-mail guaranteeing me a room for the night. Consequently, when we arrived to check-in the Concierge first told us we did not have a reservation, I showed him my e-mail confirmation and he said "another person canceled this room, saying you had other accommodations and unfortunately we are at capacity." We stood there in disbelief; seeing as I was a bridesmaid and my husband was performing the ceremony. They did not offer to book us another room at another hotel, rather the young man shrugged his shoulders. My husband reached out to the hotel manager twice since October 6th and he has been put off, no one has explained to us why a confirmed room was canceled without noticing us prior to check in.

Furthermore, we were totally put out by having the hotel room canceled and we were an hour late for the wedding because we had to travel from the other side of the island to get to the venue. I was unable to partake in the bridal party aspect of the wedding because our family and bridal party was split up. The hotel made a lot of money off of my family and their guests that night and I think it was a terrible thing to break up a wedding block without helping to offer alternative accommodations.

What I would love to know is why the hotel guaranteed my room only to give it up. Only our names were on the room so I am perplexed as to why the hotel would make arrangements with anyone who was not us. Beware if you are not from Long Island and are trying to book wedding blocks. I would suggest the Fox Hollow or the Garden City Hotel. I have been to both many times and this has NEVER happened. Perhaps the Viana is too new to handle such events.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was a night away and what I night it was. From the moment of my online booking to the moment we departed it was fabulous. The staff is genuinely friendly and professional. Everyone we encountered handled themselves as if the hotel was there family business (caring, professional and attentive). We actually had our dinner appetizers at the bar and the atmosphere was very friendly and uplifting. The chef suggested plates for us and did not hesitate to answer any of the questions we had. The food from appetizers thru dessert was delicious - we were pleasantly surprised. Also, each time a staff member encountered us they greeted us as if we had frequented the Hotel Spa. Unbelievable customer service.
The Spa was as good if not better than any NYC spa I have gone to. Just a great place and we will be visiting again.--you should too. The only average part was the breakfast. We would have preferred a menu style instead of buffet

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the elevator... quieter
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wonderful rooms, spa, service and, in particular, Louis Ballman and Will Adams were invaluable. Both Louis and Will were very kind, helpful and made all feel comfortable. The front desk personnel were very knowledgable and a pleasure to deal with.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Viana Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!