“Do not book your wedding block at this hotel!” 1 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3998 Brush Hollow Road, Westbury, NY 11590   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Long Beach
“Do not book your wedding block at this hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

In the beginning of August, my husband and I reserved a room as part of a wedding block for his sister's wedding (10/6/2013). I had a confirmation e-mail guaranteeing me a room for the night. Consequently, when we arrived to check-in the Concierge first told us we did not have a reservation, I showed him my e-mail confirmation and he said "another person canceled this room, saying you had other accommodations and unfortunately we are at capacity." We stood there in disbelief; seeing as I was a bridesmaid and my husband was performing the ceremony. They did not offer to book us another room at another hotel, rather the young man shrugged his shoulders. My husband reached out to the hotel manager twice since October 6th and he has been put off, no one has explained to us why a confirmed room was canceled without noticing us prior to check in.

Furthermore, we were totally put out by having the hotel room canceled and we were an hour late for the wedding because we had to travel from the other side of the island to get to the venue. I was unable to partake in the bridal party aspect of the wedding because our family and bridal party was split up. The hotel made a lot of money off of my family and their guests that night and I think it was a terrible thing to break up a wedding block without helping to offer alternative accommodations.

What I would love to know is why the hotel guaranteed my room only to give it up. Only our names were on the room so I am perplexed as to why the hotel would make arrangements with anyone who was not us. Beware if you are not from Long Island and are trying to book wedding blocks. I would suggest the Fox Hollow or the Garden City Hotel. I have been to both many times and this has NEVER happened. Perhaps the Viana is too new to handle such events.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was a night away and what I night it was. From the moment of my online booking to the moment we departed it was fabulous. The staff is genuinely friendly and professional. Everyone we encountered handled themselves as if the hotel was there family business (caring, professional and attentive). We actually had our dinner appetizers at the bar and the atmosphere was very friendly and uplifting. The chef suggested plates for us and did not hesitate to answer any of the questions we had. The food from appetizers thru dessert was delicious - we were pleasantly surprised. Also, each time a staff member encountered us they greeted us as if we had frequented the Hotel Spa. Unbelievable customer service.
The Spa was as good if not better than any NYC spa I have gone to. Just a great place and we will be visiting again.--you should too. The only average part was the breakfast. We would have preferred a menu style instead of buffet

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the elevator... quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wonderful rooms, spa, service and, in particular, Louis Ballman and Will Adams were invaluable. Both Louis and Will were very kind, helpful and made all feel comfortable. The front desk personnel were very knowledgable and a pleasure to deal with.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kingston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was our first time staying on Long Island as we were attending a wedding in the area. I guess I've been spoiled by staying in nicer hotels in Boston, Chicago and other cities and paying less. I have no major complaints as the room was excellent, staff accommodating, and the hotel very clean. Some minor issues were: 1) our view consisted of a transformer directly in front of our window and we overlooked a propane tank distibutor with a large number of tanks stored outside. 2) I enjoy having a newspaper to read in the morning. Most hotels I've stayed at in recent years offer complimentary papers and many deliver to your room. In the morning when I went down to get a newspaper I was informed they did not have complimentary newspapers nor any for sale. I was advised it was a 5 minute walk to the 7-11 down the street. No major problem but to me a minor inconvenience. We had appetizers and drinks at the Marco Polo Saturday evening and the food was excellent. Also had lunch there Sunday and once again had an excellent meal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
bartonsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I would just like to thank you for an amazing time and experience. As an
avid traveler through work I have not experienced the professionalism and
hard work of your staff conducts on a daily basis at any other hotel. With
all the people that I had at your hotel not one wanted for anything and had
nothing but great things to say. There is one employee in particular that
continuously went out of his way to make sure everything went perfect and
that was Louis from the front lobby. Your entire staff is amazing and the
property is beautiful. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Holbrook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I just stayed here for my wedding and had a block of about 20 rooms. The hotel is clean and beautiful. The staff is so nice and friendly, anytime someone spoke with a staff member they would remark "they're so NICE here!" I had a couples massage the night before my wedding which was perfect and relaxing, it was just what I needed. I stayed in the kitchenette room, which was spacious and plenty of room for my whole bridal party to get hair and makeup done the next morning. 9 of us total, plus 3 hair/makeup people, and 3 photographer/videographers and we were not cramped or on top of each other. We ordered a continental breakfast including coffee and juice for 10 people and it arrived on time and was delicious. We also ate at the restaurant the night before. The edamame is amazing, best I ever had. I had the pasta romano and it was so delicious. The bartender created a new shot and gave us two complimentary to taste and they were so good. Luis at the front entrance was amazing. He escorted guests up to our room, helped get us superglue when my head piece broke, and was on top of the limo transportation for the bridal party and guests. I would definitely stay at the Viana Hotel & Spa whenever the need arises and I recommend it to anyone considering staying there, especially weddings that need a hotel block.

Room Tip: The kitchenette room is spacious. The jacuzzi rooms have a huge shower and a balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Want to get pampered? By all means stay at this Hotel. From the gracious greeting by Luis at the front entrance all the way up to Takir, the General Manager, treating us like royalty, made our stay superb. We were return guests this time celebrating my sister's special decade birthday. I couldn't believe that Luis and Takir as well as the staff in the spa, Taziana, Christina and Stephanie (the spa director) all took the time to remember details of our previous stay which was several months prior. Even though we were a party of 8 women this time, each one of us were treated as though we were individual celebrities.. Little things like this make your time memorable Such personal service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Viana Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!