“Welcomed Surprise” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Nyc
“Welcomed Surprise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I didn't expect much from this hotel given its location, but was pleasantly surprised after checking in. The lobby area and restaurant were on the small side, but the room was well appointed and large. Free wi-fi was much appreciated. The pool was very very small. Exceptionally helpful and attentive staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed for two nights for a wedding and was dissappointed with our stay. The biggest issue we had, was with the pool area. We were traveling with two children and this was going to be the highlight of our stay. When we arrived on Friday, the pool was empty and had to be filled, which took several hours. The next afternoon, when we went to swim, the water was freezing. It's supposed to be a heated pool.

Also, the night of the checkin, we met with relatives at the bar for drinks. They had no Ammeretto for mixing drinks. The next evening and still none. That same evening there were three people behind the bar and still it took 20 minutes to get a drink. I blame the bar manager, who seem to be there to socialize and not do his job.

The breakfast buffet was average. Eggs were made to order, but the pancakes and french toast were dried out.

The only great thing about our stay was the front desk staff and the EXCELLENT service from the bellhops. Those guys were very polite and extremelly hellpfull!!!

If not for the discounted rate we received for the wedding party, I would not stay here again and pay full price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Coram, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay at this hotel for a one night Valentine's Day getaway. We stayed on a Sunday night with President's Day falling the next day. It was clear by the time we got to dinner the management staff didn't plan for the volume they have on this day. The restaurant had just one waitress who was also the acting bartender. As someone who has worked in restaurants before I can honestly say the long wait we incurred during dinner was by no means the waitresses vault. I believe everyone working that night did the best job they could, but clearly management didn't have enough staff on hand for what was not your normal Sunday at a hotel.

We did complain to the manager and he was nice enough to take a little bit off the price of our stay. The food was delicious and the prices were reasonable. The room was beautiful and we were very happy we decided on the King Jacuzzi room. We did have one last not so nice surprise when we started packing and found a pair of someone's underwear in our room. We were just happy we found that at the end of the stay. We mentioned it to the manager, but she simply said she would let housekeeping know. With that said I would still recommend this place for a couple looking to get away from the kids for one night. It has everything you need in one spot and even a good movie theater right down the road. Just go when they have enough staff on!

Baldwin, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed for Valentine's Day weekend and not only were we booked for the incorrect package via telephone but the service for dinner was not worth the price and the service for breakfast was even worse. Food at dinner was good but gratuity was automatically included I am assuming because of the prix fix menu for Valentine's Day weekend, which I guess gave the waitress "permission" to half do her job. We were given a hard time because we were told by the front desk we did NOT need reservations for dinner, BUT apparently this was not the case. One of the waitresses at breakfast wanted to seat us in front of the bar, however due to the traffic of the buffet table, we did not want to sit there. Good thing we did not because the poor lady who was seated there had other people putting their food on her table while they went to get their coffee. By the time we left the next afternoon, we had already spoken to other guests who were dissatisfied and really we should have "gotten on line" to speak with the manager but there was no way we were going to stay one more minute in that place.

2 STARS for a BEAUTIFUL room and hotel.....NEEDS NEW STAFF & A NEW MANAGER WHO KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

Room Tip: Make sure you confirm the room and package if you get one. We made this mistake and let it slide on...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My bf and I stayed here for Valentines Day! The location is great, the room was GORGEOUS, the service outstanding. I just got home today and I couldn't wait to write a review. We got the romance package in the penthouse floor . We didn't want to leave. I recommend this hotel 100000%. We will be back! Very impressed!

• Stayed February 2013
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Directed to this hotel by client and what a surprise! Located in the heart of Westbury/Mineola, New York, Vianna has the feel of a small, and charming, boutique hotel. Welcoming staff incredibly accommodating and a restaurant, Marco Polo, that warrants local attention. Rooms well appointed and spacious with large bathrooms - that includes a wall mounted makeup/shaving mirror that is always appreciated. Fascinated that they chose Toto toilets with water saving flush options that are usually found in Europe. Will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here overnight a birthday gift for my husband, I want a place that has everything and my co-worker recommended this place, It has everything I was looking for , a place where we can have massages, dinner and should be clean. We found the staff to be very helpful, everyone was nice, there's a guy who keep on checking if we were ok. the massages was just ok, they have a little steam room, sauna room, jacussi and a small pool 1-2 persons only can swim at the same time. The restaurant was great we did not use the fix menu but the food that we ordered was great. You can also see the chef while they are cooking and it's quite entertaining. If you are looking for a room view there's none in here it's around a residential area so the view are the houses and the garage. The room where we stayed in my husband cannot take the noise of the heater we called the front desk if they have another room and we had a prompt response the only thing is it's the room for disabled so we don't have the bathtub. The next morning I went back to the jacussi but I saw some brownish stuff and hair around the jacussi I don't know if they clean it , this should be clean everyday. The morning breakfast was great there were lots of selections,, I also ordered my omelet which was prepared really well by the chef. this was my favorite part there the breakfast buffet. The only thing missing here is entertainment at night they can probably have a singer or some music at night while people are having dinner. There is also a bar where my husband hang out while we are waiting for our room. Overall I will return here again, I already recommended it to one of my co-worker and she's planning to take advantage of the Valentine's special.
I hope they will make sure that the jacussi is cleaned everyday. Thanks to joe he helped us with our luggage and also for the room exchange.

Room Tip: ask for the 3rd floor ph rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Viana Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!