“terrific customer service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
hockessin, de
“terrific customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Stayed for two nights with a party of 6 and initially had a dissapointing experience with the taxi service recommended by the hotel.
However, after sending an email explaining what had happened and how it affected us, the manager called me and made a very appropriate adjustment to our charges. He could not have been more interested in our experience and anxious to "make things right."
The staff at this hotel had been very helpful, including the front desk and especially the doorman, but the manager really made us believe that they do want the travelers who stay with them to have a totally good experience.
We had a great coffee machine, free water, a microwave, refrigerator, and a very clean and spacious room at the Viana.
Would definitely recommend this as a place to stay in this area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary with a show at the westbury music hotel in New York.The hotel is in the middle of a commercial area so we were not very excited when we arrived.When we went inside it was a different experience!!The first thing we did after the super fast check in was marvel at the beautiful room.We then ordered some room service to snack on and it was delightful!I then soaked in the lovely deep whirlpool bath enjoying the cocktails sent up by room service.Which I might add was so fast everything warm and drinks cold.The next morning we enjoyed the spa.We shared a his and her massage that was as good as any four star hotel could offer.We can not wait to go there again!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pawling
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel because we were attending a wedding nearby. The entire experience was enjoyable. The decor is lovely, the room was spacious and beautifully appointed, including the bathroom which is so important. I wish I could have that shower in my house, fully tiled walk-in shower with heavy glass doors. We enjoyed the bar after the wedding and the restaurant for breakfast the morning after. People working there couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful. A terrific experience from start to finish, only wish we could have had time to sample the spa which I expect also would have lived up to the rest of the place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Viana because it was the hotel selected by the bridal couple for their guests for their wedding reception at the Sandcastle in Franklin Square. It was not the closest hotel but I can easily understand why it was chosen. We loved the fact that it was a ‘green hotel’, with a lovely room plus all the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. We enjoyed our short stay a great deal and considered it an excellent choice. If I were local to this area I would definitely go back to enjoy their spa services.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
East Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently celebrated our 7 year anniversary together, and originally had a mini ski trip planned, but due to the fact that I obtained a new job, I wasnt able to take the time off. I was aware of this hotel and figured why not?? well it far exceeded my expectations from the friendliness of the staff, to how clean every aspect of the hotel was, to the fact that they impliment a 'green' environment including paperless menus at the bar, and privacy buttons, rather than paper signs. The decor was modern and sleek, very desirable to a younger crowd. We also got to experience and were over thrilled with their spa with a 50 minutes couples massage! ( pool was a bit small, hot tub was perfect size, so I'll take that over a pool! ) though there are not many sights to see locally, and the view from the room isnt amazing ... our favorite steakhouse, Ruth Chris is approximately 5 minutes away and was also another incredible experience! somewhere I would most certainly visit again if your looking for a mini stay-cation!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Staten Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

The Viana Hotel & Spa was wonderful! Every staff member was excellent and ready to please. We were checked in within 5 minutes. The buffet breakfast was delicious and everything was very fresh. Didn't have time for the spa but we are definitely going to visit again. Well worth it if you are in the Westbury area. We have stayed in hotels in Europe and The Viana beats most of them. What a pleasant stay! A must do, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

The hotel has good service. We weren't too happy with the rooms though. It was dull and did not have a very good view, twas like the back of a building. The bathroom was very clean though. The hallway is my favorite. It has pipe-in music and very classy.
The swimming pool is the smallest pool i've seen in my entire life, no kidding. There's a whirlpool so that's ok, a steam and dry sauna.

Room Tip: i think this is ok if you're staying for a night or two on a business trip. Otherwise, there...