“Exquisite Boutique Hotel Close Enough to NYC” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington, DC
“Exquisite Boutique Hotel Close Enough to NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

The moment you step inside this place, you get the feeling of comfort and relaxation. The decor is classy and contemporary.

The staff is extremely courteous and friendly. We had a very thorough explanation of the facilities in our room from the BellBoy.

The food/drinks at the restaurant/bar were fantastic. I really appreciated and enjoyed the edamame with sea salt in place of bread. I was surprised to not see a Starbucks in the hotel, which would be completely apropos.

The room was clean and spacious, and had lots of great amenities. As a technophile, I love how the hotel uses technology for its own efficiency and for its guests' convenience. I also appreciate the fact that the hotel is eco-friendly, on its way to becoming LEED certified.

The service from the Spa was exactly what you would want in an ambience of relaxation and service. Perfect.

Needless to say, I think I found a place to get away and relax whenever I go to NYC

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Levittown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Finally, a modern luxury hotel on Long Island. The moment you step inside this place, you get the feeling of comfort and relaxation.

The decor is classy and contemporary. I was seriously contemplating how to steal the painting behind the front desk, an amazing piece of work from a local artist, and another one in the restaurant.

The staff is extremely courteous and friendly. We received a tour of the rooms and facility from the nicest man, Louis.

The food/drinks at the restaurant/bar were fantastic. We only had a few appetizers, but they were delicious, and I would definitely go back for a full meal. I personally appreciated and enjoyed the edamame with sea salt in place of bread. I was surprised to not see a Starbucks in the hotel, which would be completely apropos.

The room was clean and spacious, and had lots of great amenities. As a young technophile, I love how the hotel uses technology for its own efficiency and for its guests' convenience. I also appreciate the fact that the hotel is eco-friendly, on its way to becoming LEED certified.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to use it, but the fitness center and spa were really something else. I literally cannot wait to go back and get a massage.

Needless to say, I think I found a place to get away and relax... without having to drive three hours to the Borgata.

Carson City, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Beautiful hotel, rooms were great, staff were outstanding! The nicest stay in New York I have ever had.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

I travel for business regularly and currently have a client in Westbury. I have stayed at the Viana for 15 evenings over the past two months and continue to be impressed by the quality of this hotel. It is rare to find such a great hotel with so many conscientious people working to make sure your stay is perfect. There are numerous examples (willingness to accommodate food requests; tracking me down due spa availability; general follow-up to make sure I am pleased with their service, and many more). The hotel's cleanliness, kindness of the staff, comfort and quietness of the rooms, allergy free linens, quality of the food, workout facility at the Viana and larger gym walking distance away, steam room, jacuzzi, etc. I wish the Viana was in other cities; I would never stay at another hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Maryland, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I've been in some nice hotels but this one was phenomenal.The bellhop Louis was great.I felt bad because my groomsmen and I were so drunk we forgot to tip him lol Not only did he bring our bags to the room but he even took us on a tour of the hotel including all it's amenities, rooms AND the other styles of rooms.I will DEFINITELY be back and I'm going to email the hotel to see if it's possible to mail him some type of gratuity.While we were seated at the front desk checking in,we were greeted with hot towels.The Bartender Francesca was super cool and made some strong yet tasty drinks.My only problem was that the jacuzzi had to much chlorine and smelled a little like bleach and the endless pool wasn't working.I went around 4 in the morning so I didn't bother getting help for it.Other than that,my stay was excellent.I will be returning with my wife the next time we come back home to NY.This hotel is phenomenal and GREEN for ppl who are environmentally conscious!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

we spent a week at the Viana while visiting family. It was one of the best stays ever, since we moved from NY. The location of the hotel is just great. You can go in all directions, on all parkways, within minutes. We also went into the city twice & took a cab to LIRR station, since parking can be a problem w/0 a permit. The ride to the station just 5 minutes,& the LIRR ride just 40 minutes. Our room was so comfortable & warm. Keurig coffeemakers in the room. Very quiet. No outside noise. The staff could not have been nicer or more accomodating. Complete work out facility, very nice spa, & good internet service. The buffet breakfast was superb, made to order omelettes, & real homemade oatmeal. There are plenty of very good restaurants of all types just a short distance from the hotel, from fine dine to whatever else you want. We have stayed in Garden City for a lot more money, & Woodbury, but this hotel made you feel like you belonged there. This is now our home away from home when we visit Long Island.

Room Tip: Call the hotel & tell them your needs.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Pike's County, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

New hotel for sure. It's clean and comfortable but really nothing fancy. It's a bit different but then again most new hotels are. The location is horrible. Being inside the hotel is fine; however, driving around is a bit difficult and some areas need to be avoided. It is a strange location for the type of overall property they built. The location sure does not fit their mantra.

Pros: Staff seemed nice and welcoming. Inside the hotel is comfortable overall. Rooms are clean and new. Was not too far from some decent restaurants and locations.

Cons: Surrounding area. Restaurant service was poor. Knowledge of staff regarding surrounding area is limited. They do not have a swimming pool although they advertise it as one. A bit too pricey considering the location and the lack of amenities included.

Room Tip: Get a Long Island Travel Guide before visiting.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Viana Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!