“The Good, the Bad, and the Gluten Free” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“The Good, the Bad, and the Gluten Free”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had a reservation for Saturday night for a large group (9 people). As is with large groups, someone is always runnung late. Despite having 7 of 9 of us there and promising to immediately order wine appetizers and entrees for our missing friends, the manager refused to seat us until everyone was there and also refused to hold our table. If it had not been a Saturday night with a large group, we would have left immediately and gone elsewhere.

Once seated (45-50 minutes after our reservation time and 15-20 minutes after the last of our group arrived), our waiter was really attentive and socialble, which helped lighten our moods after the repeated poor interactions with the manager. The menu is HUGE and somewhat overwhelming, but even the Gluten Free menu had an enormous amount of items to choose from. The waiter brought over GF bread which was AMAZING! All the portions from both menus were enormous so we all went home with leftovers and all the GF items we ordered were incredible. The waiter and the food definitely made up for the rude manager and long wait time. I would go back for the food but probably not on a Saturday night.

For other GF diners, we had the GF bread which they brough complementary (had some garlic and spices and was amazing), baked clams oreganata (awesome, wished we ordered 12 instead of 6), an apple salad with fried chicken (best fried chicken since I started the diet!) and GF nutella pizza with fruit (definitely a great GF dessert and sharable with the entire table).

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ridgewood, New York
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Excellent food & outstanding service. Most of the staff is fairly young but have been there a while. Always feel at home eating at Cafe Formaggio.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I popped in here to see how the food was in case I wanted to have my baby shower here. We are lunch - the service was impeccable and the food was fresh and delicious. Furthermore, the atmosphere and ambiance is very "rich" but the value for the food is top-notch. Highly recommend. Staff is kind and courteous as well. Can't say enough great things about it. Will be having my shower here for sure!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rockville Centre, NY
“Always Good, Always Crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We have eaten here many times and food is consistently good. Some times it is so busy you have to wait, even with a reservation, but the food and service are worth it. Be aware the parking lot is tight, so valet parking is no guarantee that you won't have a ding in your door (as I did last time), but parking on the street is very limited as are the options. The good food keeps bringing us back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Massapequa, New York
“Finally Had Dinner Here, Worth the Wait!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'd been wanting to have dinner here since the restaurant opened and finally had my chance a few weeks ago. The food was very good, I had the Veal Marsala, my special someone had the Veal Parmigiana. Excellent Tiramasu for dessert; wine & after dinner drinks tasty. The atmosphere was not necessarily romantic but very nice, classy and warm. The service was good.

• Visited October 2012