“Affordable, Comfortable and Convenient!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90 to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   164B Slade Ave, West Seneca, NY 14224   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
NY State
“Affordable, Comfortable and Convenient!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We spent one night here while attending a wedding. The staff was extremely friendly at check in and they upgraded our room to a King suite because of our Carlson membership. The suite was fantastic: a front room with a pull out sofa and upholstered chair, a desk with 2 chairs, and a counter area with a microwave, small fridge, coffee maker, and small cabinet. There also was a closet. The separate bedroom had an extremely comfortable king bed and this room also had a small closet. We requested a feather free room due to allergies and the room was ready for us when we checked in mid-afternoon, with a hand written note on the bed indicating that there were additional synthetic pillows in the closet and they hoped we enjoy our stay. The linens were perfect-fresh and no allergy issues! I have to say that the room and hotel have an upscale feel: we loved the black and white photos of Buffalo in the room and the lobby. The bathroom in the king suite was very nice; if the towels were fluffier I would have thought we were staying at a higher rated hotel.

There were a couple of things that were just so-so: My husband used the work out room and said it was adequate, although it could use some mats for stretching out-he had to stretch on the hard floor. There is a breakfast on premises, with some hot items, but the choices were uninspiring. However, the coffee was delicious. And in heating/cooling system that was in a locked closet in the bedroom was noisy. Glad I brought earplugs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and providing the traveling public with your TripAdvisor review.

The best compliment we can receive is the endorsement of our guests and you clearly provided that. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Thanks Again,

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights visiting relatives. Great pool, the kids loved it! The whole building was immaculate. The highlight, though, was breakfast: not just the usual muffins and juice, but a really nice spread. I think the Inn lost money on us (our kids are teenagers). Speaking of money, the rates are very low. In the past we have paid twice as much for half the quality.
Very highly recommended!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Buffalo South Country Inn and Suites and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. The biggest compliment that we can receive is the public endorsement of our guests.

I am glad that you found it convenient to enjoy our saltwater pool and spa. In addition we are very proud of our breakfast and the compliments we receive from our guests, I am glad you enjoyed it.

I do hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Buffalo.

Thank you for your comments.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I have visited this hotel three times since Christmas. It has become a holiday tradition and my "go to" hotel for the Buffalo/Niagara region. The staff are always pleasant, facilities welcoming, and rooms spotless.

Don't forget to use the library in the lobby!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Buffalo South Country Inn and Suites and sharing your FIVE (5) STAR experience on TripAdvisor. The biggest compliment that we can receive is the public endorsement of our guests.

I am especially glad to hear that you enjoyed using our library.

Thank you for your comments.

Rome, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our hotel stay was wonderful. We stayed one night with our daughters hockey team. The day staff and was very very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were very nice, If I had to find something wrong with the room it would be that there is no darkening shade so the light from the streetlight can be annoying. The pool was open late which is a huge plus. The breakfast was about average, more selections then most places. The girls loved the waffle makers. Fresh cookies and coffee were available at the front desk which was great. The only complaint we had was the night person working the desk. He was less then friendly, and did not treat us like we were guest. It was more like we were a bother. That would be the only reason I wouldn't rate this place a 5.. I

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and I assure you that I will share your comments with our entire team.

Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

Stoney Creek, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here one night before a flight from the Buffalo Airport. This place is a hidden gem. You can't see it from the road, but we followed the directions and signs and had no problem. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The lobby is very clean and has a very warm welcoming feel, which was nice on a stormy winter night. The room was super clean and comfortable, the bathroom was very spacious and very clean as well. The wi-fi was extremely fast. We enjoyed our breakfast, especially the waffle maker. There was lots of selection so if you didn't want the hot breakfast you could have so many other things. I even found good selection for my one year old. A couple of small downsides....we were able to hear noise outside our room all night from some equipment that was right below us. I turned on the airconditioner fan which helped to drown it out, but if you need complete silence to sleep this would be a problem. The other comment is that there is only a shower (a very large shower) but no bathtub. We were travelling with a small child and if we had needed to bathe her it would have been a bit of a problem. Luckily we didn't have an issue, but it is something parents should be aware of when booking this hotel. Overall this hotel was very welcoming to some weary travellers and I would not hesitate to stay here again for shopping or before an early morning flight.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and providing the traveling public with a Five (5) Star review of our hotel.

Thanks Again,

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was a fantastic hotel! I enjoyed my two night stay immensely. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The lobby was nicely decorated and featured delicious cookies in the afternoon and evening. The rooms were comfortable (especially the beds) and featured a microwave as well as a mini-fridge. The pool and hot tub were open late which was much appreciated after a day of shopping.The staff was friendly and helpful in providing directions. The breakfast had a nice selection although I was not impressed with choice of hot items one morning (chicken and gravy). Overall, this hotel exceeded my expectations and I look forward to returning the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for your Five (5) star review of the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We sincerely appreciate your comments and I will be sure to share them with our entire team.

Thanks again and I hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Beautiful hotel. Room was a good size and comfortable beds. My only complaint about the room was the lack of solid curtains to keep the morning light out. There was only a sheer curtain. We enjoyed the hot tub and it was open nice and late after our day of shopping. Signage for the hotel could be a bit bigger. Two hotels share the same driveway and it was a bit confusing. Not a huge deal though. Staff was excellent. Breakfast was good. I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and sharing you Five (5) Star experience on TripAdvisor.

We sincerely appreciate you deciding to stay with us while traveling on business. Many business travelers like yourself are quickly finding that our new hotel is the ideal choice and offers everything business travelers are looking for. I do hope that you have joined our frequent traveler program, Club Carlson and if you have not, please enroll on your next visit.

Again, thank you for staying with us, we value your business and opinion.

Yours In Hospitality,

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90? Share your experiences!