“Clean,quiet hotel with a pleasantly accomodating staff conveniently located!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90 to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   164B Slade Ave, West Seneca, NY 14224   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
“Clean,quiet hotel with a pleasantly accomodating staff conveniently located!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I travel for business every week and this last minute reservation was perfect. The rooms were clean, spacious, the beds comfortable, breakfast was good and the check in/out process was fast and easy. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone I know staying in the Buffalo area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South.

It is always nice to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Thank you for your business and your kind review.

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

OK hotel. Nice staff. Typical average breakfast but why limit the exercise room hours from 6:00 am to 12:00? Many of us get up early to exercise. 0600 is not early. Makes no sense and the staff said it was a corporate policy and could not be changed locally? What's up with that? Do not go to room 108 or anywhere near the first floor breakfast room.

Room Tip: Second floor or above. Do not go near room 108. It is on the end of a noise funnel from breakfast...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and offering your feedback.

I am pleased to tell you that we have taken immediate corrective action and are now keeping our fitness center open 24hrs so that our guests are able to workout anytime.

Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope that we see you again soon.

Best Regards,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Poor water quality in pool and spa .My son had an eye infection after the 1st night after using the pool and spa.The spa water was frothy and foamy which is usually an indicator of poor water quality and is also indicative of a high level of Total Dissolved Solids(TDS).TDS is composed of fats ,oils,soap,lotion and other organic matter from bathers that contribute to the frothy toxic organic soup in the spa.Poor water quality can contribute to eye and skin infections in bathers.Water quality should be monitored and documented daily as per local health regulations.I hope that management would take the necessary steps to protect the health and well being of customers by ensuring the appropriate monitoring and corrective actions are done to improve water safety.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our spa. We do check our chlorine and Ph levels three times per day in accordance with our local health codes.

In addition we do routine maintenance including changing the water. I apologize on the particular day that you stayed if our spa was not up to our normal standards and I will review the situation with our maintenance engineer. Please feel free to contact our onsite General Manager Joelene LaSanta as I am sure that she would like the opportunity to regain your trust and goodwill.

Again, Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

Westfield NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very clean hotel; friendly staff and the most comfortable beds you can imagine (pillows too!). Easy to get to. Beautiful hotel; it looks and feels brand new. Spacious rooms and the pool/spa, fitness, breakfast, and lobby are spacious and well kept. Two recommendations: Ask for a room that does NOT face the Interstate. We were on the 4th floor and it was extremely loud all through the night. Also, ask for a room that is NOT directly above their outside lighting. We had a spot light in our room from the lighting. The sheers are nice but do not keep out that kind of light AND the heavier drapes do not close. We requested a room on the ground floor and did not get it when we checked in; we were put on the 4th floor and like I said, the noise from the Interstate plus the light from the outside building lightening was not pleasant. Ask for a room on the back of the building and you should be fine. Many stores and restaurants in the area but you have to drive to them (none in walking distance); but there are many to choose from. All in all a GREAT hotel for the price. We were upset with the rudeness of some guests and their children in the pool/spa area; but it is not the hotel's fault that people don't teach their kids manners :(

Room Tip: ROOMS: Chose backside away from Interstate and below the outside lighting. BREAKFAST: Get there earl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and providing such valuable feedback.

It was nice of you to recognize that we are new. Our Country Inn and Suites is the first one in the immediate Buffalo area and we are excited to be part of the community. I would ask that you contact our on-site General Manager Joelene LaSanta at 716-259-8520 so that she can take the opportunity to display our hotel to you in a more positive manner.

Thank you for your business and feedback, we hope to see you again soon.

Best Wishes,

Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our family of 5 spent one night here...wanted a hotel nearby shopping
and close to Niagara centre. Great hotel, very clean, up to date, comfy beds and bedding, great pool. The price was right when booking online.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South on your recent visit to the First Niagara Center.

Our new hotel is popular for many people visiting the area for a Buffalo Sabres game, a concert or a Buffalo Bills game at Ralph Wilson Stadium. In addition our hotel is convenient for visiting the Walden Galleria or McKinley shopping Malls. Combining events and shopping or just a getaway to relax our new Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South has what you are looking for. I hope that you enjoyed the game and that the team your were cheering for sent you home happy.

Again, thanks for the kind words and I hope to see you on your next visit.

Yours In Hospitality,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay at this hotel as it's convenient to shopping in Buffalo and approximately 40 minutes from the Holiday Valley ski resort. We had a spacious 1 bedroom suite on the 5th floor that was clean and comfortable. Would recommend families upgrade to suites if possible because the extra room was definitely nice. Being a holiday weekend, the hotel was extremely busy with families and the breakfast area was always full so we didn't have an opportunity to sit down for the complimentary breakfast. The pool area is good and hot tub is a nice addition after a day of skiing. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South.

It is nice of you to recognize our convenient location between two major shopping malls, minutes from the First Niagara Center, Ralph Wilson Stadium, Downtown Buffalo, and a short drive to ski country and Niagara Falls. In addition we are the newest hotel in the Buffalo area. I am glad that you enjoyed one of our spacious suites as they are delightful. Our indoor heated saltwater pool, fitness center, free breakfast, fee wi-fi and heated spa are just a few of our most popular amenities.

Thanks Again for your business and your review.

Newmarket, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I just got back from a stay at this hotel. Nothing really bad to say about this place. Check in was quick, staff was very friendly and very helpful. Rooms are clean with very comfortable beds. Heating A/C units also very quiet. As stated in other reviews the showers are massive, no mold and again exceptionally clean and well stocked. Was surprised with the breakfast no eggs included but hotel did have a good selection of food. Used the pool and spa as well as the gym again very clean, lots of towels. Plenty of well lit parking spaces and good restaurants located close by. Hotel does need to put up a larger sign for entrance way but since this is new that may be coming. All in all a good place to stay, would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South.

It is always nice to hear when we have satisfied our guests and delivered on our service promise. Our Country Inn and Suites is the newest hotel in Buffalo and therefore our quality is only outdone by our people who are well versed in delivering the best service possible. It is nice of you to recognize both. We are still working with the Town on our sign and we hope to have it up as soon as the weather breaks.

Again, thank you for your business and your comments.

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90? Share your experiences!