“Great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90 to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
Mississauga, Canada
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We showed up early as we were going to the game, they were able to accommodate us for early check-in. The room was clean for the most part--there was some wrappers behind the side table which had been missed. We were on the first floor with easy access to the laundry, front desk and parking lots. 15-20 minute drive from the Bills Stadium.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and posting such nice comments on TripAdvisor.

Our new hotel located minutes from Ralph Wilson stadium and between the Walden Gallaria Mall and the McKinley Mall is the ideal location if traveling for fun or business. With a fitness center, indoor pool, hot tub, business center and complimentary breakfast were are the best value in the Buffalo area.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Front desk staff were exceptional. Very knowledgable, helpful and even took on less than honest taxi driver! Hallways and room temps well controlled. Motion activated hallway lights weren't really an issue but we were right above the lobby stairs. Treadmills high quality and brand new. Snow and ice were always taken care of. Breakfast was average

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and posting your experience on the largest travel review site on the planet, TripAdvisor.

It is always nice to hear when members of our team have satisfied a guest and I appreciate all of your feedback as we strive to always improve our guest offerings.

Thank you for your comments and confidence and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Wonderful Hotel. It is well cared for and clean. The staff is friendly and very helpful. One of the front desk clerks, Brian, actually cleaned the snow off of the cars in the parking lot and shoveled out a pathway to each car door. Exceptional service. I would recommend this hotel to everyone staying in Buffalo area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South.

We sincerely appreciate your kind words and I will pass them along to our Guest Service Representative Brian.

Again, Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

Barneveld
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stay at the West Seneca, New York facility about once a month. The accommodations are super though the breakfast is lame. We're usually on the 5th floor but last Tuesday we were on the 3rd. Maybe that was the problem. There is a 1000 megawatt light in the parking lot shining in our window. The sheer drapes can be drawn but have no effect (They're sheer). The solid drapes cannot be moved. I dug out an extra blanket from the closet and hung it over the window but it was not a solid fabric and didn't help much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your continued patronage of The Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South.

I sincerely appreciate you posting on TripAdvisor and providing us with such valuable feedback. I assure you that the comfort of our guests is very important to us. I will be sure to review our breakfast offerings and also check the exterior lighting to make sure that the lights are all aimed correctly.

Again, thank you for your business and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in late November just before Thanksgiving. I will share with you the good and the bad (there's no ugly).

FYI: This is the first time that I stayed at this brand of hotel. I wanted to test it out in a low risk way since we would only be staying 1 night.

The Good:
- Hotel is new and clean;
- Lowest price in the area; :- )
- The frontdesk person was pleasant and efficient;
- The room is I stayed in (2 queens) was spatious;
- You get a decent hot breakfast (egss, sausages, hot/cold cereals, juices,....);
- Everything in the hotel is designed to be energy and water efficient (light bulbs, light sensors to turn on the light in common areas, toilet bowls, indoor pool water seems to be not heated...)

The Bad:
- Hallways are cold heat must be turned down low;
- The room was cold and it was difficult to get the temperature stabilised so thatwe could have a good sleep;
- Indoor pool was cold (like it wasn't heated). My son loves swimming but couldn't stay in the pool for more than 15 minutes. I didn't bother to complain since we would probably be given an excuse as to why the pool was cold. Further we were staying over night.
- The halways and the main entrance are dark (absolutely no light) until movement is detected by the light sensors. So imagime, when you get off the elevator both ends of the hallway is pitch black at night untill you start walking. Kin of creepy. I've never seen this at any hotel before.
- The breakfast in the morning wasn't replenished in a reasonable amount of time when the food trays were empty.
- I feel this hotel was designed to be like a Homewood Suites BUT this was a cheap copy of it!

Conclusion:

- The hotel is conveniently located off the I90 and is close to shopping and restaurants by car NOT by foot;
- Price was very competitive;
- Hotel is clean and was quiet;
- I would stay here again at the current price I paid. If the price is increased to what you would pay at the Homewood Suites or Hyatt Place, I would NOT stay here.

Cheers.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a good price for your room!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn & Suites Buffalo South and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Our recently opened hotel was built to try and be as Eco-Friendly as possible without hampering the experience of our guests. I assure you that we have turned up the temperature of our pool water as this was not one of the ways we were trying to be Eco-Friendly. I apologize for our hallway lighting as we may need to make further adjustment in some areas. Overall the reaction from our guests has been positive to our environmentally friendly approach.

Again, Thank you for your business and your feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here after a Buffalo Bills - Miami Dolphins game we attended on our way to Canada. I booked it based on its reviews on tripadvisor, and was not disappointed! The hotel was very clean, staff was friendly, and rooms were spacious and new. Great location (not far from Ralph Wilson Stadium and there's a K-Mart nearby for anything we forgot to pack). My only complaint (as others have stated) is that the current sign is hard to see from the road. This was the nicest hotel we stayed in during our trip. Would definitely stay here again if we return to a game in Buffalo!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South. We are proud of our hotel and our number one ranking on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to tell you that we are currently working with the Town and our neighborhood to obtain approval for more signage. We are in the final stages of the approval process and hope to have our new electronic sign very soon.

Thank you for your business and TripAdvisor review.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The staff were very nice, the rooms were very clean and the building was nice and quiet at night. Great value and conveniently located right off the highway just south of downtown buffalo. I would definitely recommend this hotel to travellers of all ages. They also have rooms with a separate living room section that has a pullout sofa which is very convenient if you are in need of a third bed in your room. There was a television in both the main bedroom and living room.

Room Tip: Items at the breakfast run out if you show up at the end.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments regarding the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South.

I am delighted that our new hotel and dedicated team were able to make such a nice impression. Located between the Walden Galleria and McKinley Shopping Malls and minutes from downtown makes us the ideal hotel when visiting Buffalo.

Thank you for your business and sharing your experience.

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90? Share your experiences!