“So-So” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90

You added Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90 to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1750 Ridge Road, Interstate 90, Exit 55, West Seneca, NY 14224   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Members Save!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York, NY
“So-So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for two nights while traveling on business in November 2011.

The good: front desk and housekeeping staff is very welcoming and friendly. Fresh fruit was constantly available in the lobby, and the complimentary breakfast and evening snacks were a nice touch. I also appreciated the complimentary bottled water in the fitness center (more on the fitness center later). Room was reasonably but not spotlessly clean, and the bed was comfortable enough. I liked that there were cards on the beds indicating that the duvets are freshly washed for each guest. The free wireless internet worked well and was fast.

The not-so-good: this hotel is right off the highway and feels really isolated. As a solo traveler, I would have preferred to have been in a more populated area, and I felt a little confined when I was in the hotel, as going outside for a walk or a quick run was not really an option given the location. The parking lot was dark, which made me a little uneasy when I came in at night. There was no desk or adequate work space in the room. Although there was one very small table on which I could have set up my laptop (although not very comfortably), there was no light bulb in the fixture by the table, so it was too dark to work. Fitness center was very small (two ellipticals, two treadmills, and one stationary bike crammed in a tiny room) and had one communal TV set, which means that everyone in the fitness center is stuck watching whatever show the first person to get there put on.

Conclusion: not the best Hampton Inn I've stayed in. Its close proximity to the expressway would make it a good option for travelers who are just looking for a clean, comfortable place to spend the night, but I did not find it to be very well-suited to business travel. Although I felt there were some shortcomings, the friendliness of the staff definitely made up for some of them.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Buffalo South and posting your experience on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate your kind comments regarding our team and look forward to addressing our shortcomings. I am also pleased to announce that we are on the front side of anticipated development to include shopping and restaurants nearby. We also have one of Buffalo's most beautiful and largest parks which is ideal for jogging just down the street. We would be happy to assist with directions if desired.

Again, Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We checked in late afternoon after dropping our son at the buffalo airport. It is very close to the Mulberry Cafe (lackawanna) restaurant so we were delighted to go back to visit the restaurant without having to drive back to Toronto. The only room available was accessible which was really large and spacious. It had a seperate bedroom with two doors to the bathroom. We sat on the bed and it was like sitting on cotton balls. We both burst out laughing and called the desk to request another room. We were told none were available. We moved to the brand new Courtyard across the street from the airport with a bed like heaven. We have stayed at countless Hamptons/ Homewood suites, and Hiltons. We have never encountered a bed like this one.
Would I come back? ....NO

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Alliston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stopped here on my way home and probably the first time I had not had time to read Tripadvisor reviews. Saw it from the highway and just pulled off. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Price was more than I wanted to pay but the front desk girl was so friendly and the lobby was so inviting I figured it would be worth it. We had been driving for 10 hours. She asked my preferences for room location and actually seemed to care. There were cookies and water in the lobby which my son appreciated.

I later found out that many hotels in the area were sold out so I am glad we stayed.

Room was clean and comfortable. I like hotels that have the washable duvets.

Breakfast was great and included waffles, sausages, omelets, french toast, toast, bagels, cereal, fruit, boiled eggs, yogurt. Plenty of seating and easy to get to food and coffee.

Free wifi was stable.

Pool and Fitness areas looked clean.

Great hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here for a friend's wedding and had a wonderful time. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly, the lobby and outdoor patio were excellent places to mingle with our friends and family, the breakfast was great for a hotel breakfast. We had the room by the ice maker and the back door, so we expected to be woken up at night, but we were never disturbed by it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My daughter and I stopped here on our way to Boston. It was a good place to stop after days of packing up her apartment and driving East. On another note, we learned too late that if we had detoured a bit to take the Rainbow Bridge over the water, we could have seen Niagra Falls. That would have been worth a little detour, as we could not backtrack.
This hotel is near the highway exit. We did not see any restaurants near the hotel, but there probably are. We ended up ordering a pizza to be delivered. It was very tasty, though if I were to do it again, I would most likely order from the Italian place for an authentic, not pre-made crust. The hotel is a multi-story venue. The employees are very pleasant. In the late afternoon, there are hot cookies in the lobby. There were also oranges. Thanks very much for those treats, a nice touch. I used the exercise room, which was good. There is an indoor pool - this is Buffalo with cold winters, after all. Breakfast was good and hearty enough so that we didn't stop for food again until we were in Boston. The beds were extremely comfortable - we should know, as we were so exhausted that day that we went to bed at 7:30. Black out curtains work wonders! This is a pleasant, comfortable hotel with all the amenities you'll need.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Thank You for staying at the Hampton Inn Buffalo South. We appreciate your business and your kind comments on TripAdvisor.

I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Again, Thank you

Best Wishes,

Latham, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We found this Hampton Inn to be quite nice. The lobby area is large and I noticed a fireplace with couches around it which must be great in the winter. We had a king size room with a microwave, fridge and wetbar. The room was huge with a flat screen TV, sofa sleeper, desk and nice chair, plenty of room to move around. It was immaculate-one of the nicest hotel rooms we have ever had. Complimentary breakfast was the usual fare-premade eggs, cereals, bagels, etc. Not the most tasteful food but quite adequate considering it came with the room rate. We did not use the indoor pool/jacuzzi area but we did stop in to look at it. It seemed very nice with plenty of deck space and seating.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor and staying at the Hampton Inn Buffalo South. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience with fellow travelers on TripAdvisor.

Again, thank you for your endorsement and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed here on a move out west. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was good. The coffee was quite good for a hotel. The hotel is convenient to Buffalo and Niagra. We enjoyed our stay - it was a nice break from the road.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Buffalo South. We sincerely appreciate your business and you taking the time to compliment our hotel on TripAdvisor.

The best advertising we can receive are the kind words of our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Yours In Hospitality,

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Been to Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90? Share your experiences!