“2 night stay, get away” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cicero, New York
“2 night stay, get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I had been trying to get away for even one night. We finally we able to plan it and wound up at Staybridge Suites in West Seneca. I had emailed the manager of the hotel the morning of our arrival to ask if they could get a dozen roses for me in the room just to surprise my wife. And I have to tell you that the staff here was truly amazing they even had 2 cupcakes for us (my wife ate both, but that's ok)! The room, hotel grounds were neat and clean, and the staff was professional, friendly, fun, and actually enjoyed what they were doing (an emotion you dont see much of any more).
I want to thank Kevin for all he and his staff did to make our stay one of the best in quite some time.
Thank you!
A. Keegan, Cicero, NY

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Andrew,

Thank you for sharing such kind words regarding your stay at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South.

I am glad that we were able to be part of such a special occasion.

Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next visit to Buffalo.

Yours In Hospitality,

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were planning a vacation to Niagara Falls. I found a deal online and boy was I sceptical. For less than $150 a night, I found accomodations for a family of 6 that were absolutely spectacular. The two bedroom suite was large and comfortable, complete with all of the amenities that one could ask for. The staff was helpful and friendly from the moment we walked in the door. We were less than 30 minutes from Niagara Falls and it was so easy to travel to the areas we wanted to visit in Canada via Buffalo. The facility was clean and quiet. It was my first visit with Staybridge and I would recommend them over and over again.

Room Tip: Even though the facility is close to the freeway, I never heard any road noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for staying at Staybridge Suites Buffalo South and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We value your opinion and appreciate the compliments regarding our quality, service and value. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Erie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed @ Candlewood Suites last night in W.Sececa NY. NEVER again!
A pipe burst and water was shut off. OK it happens. Staff did NOTHING to inform guests. When I asked why the front desk got belligerent. NOT OK. Then hard nerve to charge full price for room.
EPIC FAIL. Tuning in Priorty Club card and going to Marriott..... You should too

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the main water pipe that we had break at 6am on April 25. In addition we are reviewing how we could have better communicated the issue to our guests so that they could have made alternate plans for showering etc.

We did make arrangements for you and all of our guests to walk across the parking lot and use a room at a neighboring hotel for no charge. The problem was that we did not offer that option until guests called down to the front desk to make us aware that they needed water. We certainly did not want to call all of our guests at 6am to tell them that we didnt have water, as not everyone may have needed to be awakened. Regardless, if the situation were to occurr in the future we now have a communication process in place that will alert our guests to the issue without disturbing them at hours that is not convenient.

Again, I apologize for the problem, our response to the problem and the lack of hospitality that you feel we displayed. I have reviewed the situation with our team and we have taken corrective action.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Well booked a 2 bdr suite for one night last week. Check in went smooth upon entering our room I always check the room out for cleanliness. In the room with the one king bed in between the nightstand and bed was clearly visible that someone spilled something it was all over the bed skirt and on the floor. Did not even look like it had been attempted to be clean. Did not want to stay in that room so the front desk did apologize and offered another 2 bdr suite to us everything seem to be clean in this room that was until I was just about to get into the bed to sleep noticed there was a bug crawling on the sheet called my husband in from the living area and he confirmed it was a bed bug I was totally disgusted and had to pack up my 4 kids around 1am and leave the hotel and cut our family getaway short do to in clean conditions at this hotel.the next day was spent at the laundromat cleaning and disposing of clothes that the kids were wearing that day. For such a newer hotel was expecting a very clean atmosphere for me and my children. Will never stay again

• Stayed April 2013
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I want to extend our apologies on behalf of myself and our team. There is no excuse for the experience that you had while staying with us and I accept full responsibility.

We took immediate corrective action and we can only attempt to make up for our shortcomings by learning from them. I apologize that we ruined your weekend getaway.
I am proud of our hotel and our dedicated team and this happens to be a time that I am embarrassed as is the rest of our team.

The experience you had is not indicative of the thousands of people that have stayed with us but our goal is to satisfy every guest every time.

Again, my sincerest apologies and we do hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again as our guest.

Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stay here a lot for business. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and the suite is very homelike. Food is decent. You can't beat a hotel that has something ready for dinner with a beer or glass of wine. Breakfast has excellent choices healthy, hot or cold. Great hotel, very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Staybridge Sutes Buffalo South. I sincerely appreciate your business and taking the time to share your experience on the World's Largest Travel Review Site, Tripadvisor.

The best compliment to receive is the endorsement of our guests. I will be sure to share your review with our entire team.

I hope to see you on your next visit.

Thanks Again,

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

At the last minute on a Friday evening my wife and I decided to just hop in the car and get away for an overnight break. Not many hotels had openings and we just happened across the Staybridge Suites in West Seneca. The reviews seemed positive and we booked it ($129). And so glad we did!

The reception area is small, but the staff are very friendly and more than eager to help with any questions or concerns we had.

The hotel is spotless. You can really tell that the staff take great care to keep the place clean. The halls have a nice pleasant smell and the hotel seemed very quite.

On entering the room we were very surprised at how well the room is laid out and how modern everything is. And again, it was incredibly clean. The kitchenette area looked like it had never been used. We had somehow booked a handicapped accessible room so that bathroom was massive. Colours in the room were very appealing.

The room came equipped with a queen sized bed, a large flat screen TV, CD player, a couch, and a work desk, and a radio that can charge your iPod. There were a selection of pillow types as well, which was nice since I prefer feather pillows and my wife likes foam. The bed is very comfortable so no problem getting a good nights sleep.

The kitchen is very well equipped with a full-sized fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher. The cupboards were stocked with dish soap and soap for the dishwasher as well as higher end pots and pans as well as utensils. We were very impressed by the quality. And a nice touch was the microwave popcorn that is supplied for a night of relaxing.

Internet access is free and is supplied either by a hard line connection or wireless, your choice. The connection is strong and available throughout the hotel (pool, laundry, breakfast area).

Pool
There is a nice sized pool and hot tub. Warning....the hot tub is HOT! You get used to it but its a shocker at first. The pool area is kept clean and well stocked with towels. We really liked that the pool is open from 6:00 AM until midnight. It meant we could go down later in the evening when most kids are in bed and enjoy some quite time in the hot tub.

Other Amenities
There are free laundry facilities with modern machines, a small gym, a business room with access to a computer and printer and a mini theater with big comfy chairs to watch movies as a group. On the day we were there a few families were organizing a movie night for any kids that wanted to join in.

Breakfast
The hotel offers a nice free hot breakfast buffet. On the day we were there they served sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, corned beef hash as well as the usual assortment of pastries and breads. There was also the standard make-your-own waffle machine. Hot and cold cereals were available along with yogurt, cottage cheese and fresh fruit. To drink you had the choice of various coffees, teas, juices and soda.

Location
The hotel is just of the I90 in a residential kind of area. It is located directly across the street from Wegmans, Tops and a Kmart. We didn't really see any restaurants nearby except a Wendy's and Tim Hortons.
Its only a 10 minute drive to Walden Galleria, 5 minutes to McKinley Park Mall, about 5 minutes to Ralph Wilson Stadium, and 10 - 15 minutes from Buffalo Airport

Since our first stay there we came back and brought our kids who loved the pool and the hotel. This has now become our hotel of choice when staying overnight in the Buffalo area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo South and share your experience on the worlds largest travel site, TripAdvisor.

Your review and endorsement is the best type of advertising we can receive so I just fired our advertising agency. I am kidding of course, although your review does make us all feel like we are on our way to satisfying "Every Guest Every Time."

Thanks for the nice comments and we will see you on your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stay here each time we come to Hamburg to visit our Grandkids as it's warm, convenient, welcoming and suits all of needs - we love the welcoming log fire when we come in from the snow! Sarah Bishop (Front Desk Supervisor) and her team are always delightful and always welcome us back with a smile and friendly greeting. As usual, we got the two bedroom suite as we travel with my elderly Mother. It's not inexpensive but it is a great place to stay. Only had a minor issue this trip of a light bulb being missing from the master bedroom but we just took one from the lounge and switched it out! I have to give kudos to Kevin Verrall, President and GM of Staybridge who responds to each review placed on Trip Advisor - nice to know they care. When I last reviewed this hotel in November 2012, I commented that the hot foods in the breakfast area were never hot. This stay everything was hot and the scrambled eggs had improved dramatically so thank you Kevin for listening and responding! I was super impressed as you normally don't expect hoteliers to listen and take notice to you but he did! As always the breakfast bar is wonderful with tons of choices; this time the oatmeal ran out and instead of making us wait for the whole new vat to be made, the lady in the kitchen area personally made two bowls of oatmeal for my Mum and me.....amazing service and caring staff make this place a gem. The breakfast bar also has eggs, bacon or sausage, fabulous fresh fruit, lite yogurts, lots of carb options - bread, bagels, muffins and hard boiled eggs. There is something for everyone. The rooms are just perfect, it has everything you need and we will be coming back as long as our son and his family remain living in this area. Thanks to all at Staybridge - a brand is only as good as the people behind it and you guys are the best!

Room Tip: As for a room away from the highway - it can get a bit noisy in the morning on a week day.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words about our Staybridge Suites Buffalo South, our team and myself.

Your review made our entire team feel special and we are glad that we are able to make your stay memorable time and again. Thank you for your continued confidence in our product, people and overall hospitality.

We value your business and your feedback. See you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Been to Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca? Share your experiences!