“The One and Only Hotel in Barrhead” 4 of 5 stars

Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lochlibo Road, Barrhead G78 1LG, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barrhead
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
“The One and Only Hotel in Barrhead”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Initial impressions were good. There was a strange almost damp smell you notice when you first walk in but that quickly disappeared and wasn't off putting.

Large spacious rooms. Relatively clean, although the toilet sink was blocked, and although one of the staff came straight up to look at it, it wasn't fixed within our 1 night stay. The floorboards in the corridor were also very creaky and woke me up in the early morning.

The staff were very helpful, my mum thought she lost her car keys as we were leaving and the staff tried their best to look for them. (Turned out my mum had them in her bag).

The complimentary breakfast looked nice enough, I only had some toast and coffee, but had no complaints.

Overall I enjoyed my short stay here, and if I was ever visiting Barrhead again I would choose the Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel again.

I stayed here with my Girlfriend and my Parents in February 2014.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I visited the Dalmeny back December for a Robbie Williams Christmas party night (I always love going back there as it is where my husband and I got married). The food was really nice with plenty of choice, which is a great thing to find as usually function food especially at Christmas nights can feel massed produced but this was anything but, everyone at our table loved it.

The staff always seem happy to be there and are always on hand to help. As for the Manager Richard, he welcomed us on arrival and made us feel like we were the only ones there and not just a number in a party of 100 people. I have attended various functions here over the years, including our wedding which was by far the best day ever.

The Dalmeny is a very special place to me and I would have no hesitation reccommending the place to others.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We received a very warm welcome when we arrived at the hotel. The service and standard of food was second too none. The staff could not have been more helpful and we were treated like royalty. Although there was a large function on and the place was busy the level of service we received did not reflect this. In this climate where every penny counts I would certainly recommend this hotel too friends and family as it was exceptional value for money. The staff and management are a credit to this establishment.

• Stayed January 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel following an evening out with friends at Hogmany and can honestly say I couldn't fault a thing. Value for money was great. My meal was great and definitely substantial amount. Reason for review was that I have just stayed at another hotel following another evening out and the standards were quite low compared to Dalmeny yet cost more. Therefore I felt it appropriate to leave review complimenting the Dalmeny for both great staff and great standards. Thanks a lot for a warm welcome and hopefully see you again soon.

• Stayed December 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I attended the tribute night just before Christmas with a group of friends! What a night! The food, staff, service and entertainment was first class! I will definetly be back! Keep up the great work Dalmeney!

• Stayed December 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I recently stayed overnight at the Dalmeny Park Hotel. I found the experience from start to finish very pleasant, the staff are warm and welcoming and nothing was ever a bother. The manger was friendly and charming, and dealt with any requests that we had efficiently. The room was traditional, I loved the four poster bed and the tartan touches! very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was lovely.I would definitely return to Dalemy, the grounds are beautiful and well maintained, it was lovely to have a walk around the gardens in the morning, and take it all in! Beautiful!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

From start to finish our stay here was great, the room was spacious and clean, the staff, especially the Manager, were hospitable and very helpful from the minute we arrived and the breakfast was excellent. Loved the traditional feel of the place and definitely will go back soon.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!