“£30 deal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“£30 deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Every time snooks have a deal up for their £30 voucher I jump at the chance to buy it (directly through snooks to get this deal)
Included is two sirloin steaks, a bowl of chips, onion rings, potatoes & veg to share as well as two sauces, two desserts & a bottle of wine!
So value for money is outstanding to start with.

we always upgrade our steak, I prefer fillet whereas my partner gets the massive 3 pound porterhouse - never saw a thing like it massive !

Meat is amazing, always cooked to perfection, always treated like the only people in the restaurant no matter how busy and I honestly have never had anything but an amazing meal here, would recommend to anyone

• Visited March 2014

Paisley, United Kingdom
“Great Meal & Excellent Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Visited on a Groupon deal - £19 for 2 Sirloins with chips and 2 large glasses of wine. Must be honest after some reviews I wasn't expecting much but the whole visit was excellent. Pleasant efficient service throughout and the food was great, good size steak, great quality, cooked to perfection. Yes you get one bowl of chips between 2 as some reviews state, but what these fail to mention is the size of the bowl, more than enough to feed 3-4. Added a few sides (Onion rings to die for) a sauce and a soft drink and still only had a bill of £10 to settle. You can upgrade the voucher for a different steak or wine whilst there which is an added bonus just ask when you arrive. Overall excellent and no wonder the place was packed!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Christmas voucher meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have just read some of the reviews and I can honestly say some people are really so hard to please and just so critical. You can never please everybody and no matter what , you always get the complainers. We have just been to snooks with a £30 voucher given to us for Christmas. The meal was excellent. In fact it was one of the nicest steaks I have had in a restaurant
It was cooked to perfection with plentiful sides. The onion rings were delicious as we're the potatoes and salad. The choice of deserts was also really good . We had a bottle of the house wine which was reasonable. With the voucher it was a most enjoyable meal and value for money. Although the decor was a trifle dated it did not deter from the enjoyment of the meal. The staff were friendly and efficient. All in all it was a great experience and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Visited February 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“£30 Sirloin Deal Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a review based on Snook's own £30 voucher deal. I have visited this restaurant 6 or 7 times over the last couple of years with my wife coming from the West of Glasgow and have no affiliation to Snook's, the owners or staff.
The above deal gives the same as the old Groupon one. 2 sirloin steaks, boiled potatoes, salad or veg, a sauce each and onion rings, dessert and a bottle of wine for the £30.
You can also upgrade parts of the deal - get a better bottle of wine than the house one and pay the difference extra. You can do the same with the steaks.
The service from everyone who served us was excellent, but I have always thought the service here is great. Friendly, helpful and unobtrusive. The decor as people have stated previously may not be the best, but I'm not producing a home improvement show so don't really care. The food is the important part for me. And the service.
My wife had the sirloin, I paid the extra £11 for the Texan-cut T-bone. We also paid £2 extra for a bottle of wine rather tham the house one. I will be honest in saying I was a bit apprehensive about the quality of the steak given recent reviews, and I have in the past had a steak that was not the best I've had. I have. though, also had the best T bone ever here, so I was willing to go again. We were both glad we did !! The sirloin was cooked to perfection, a great quality slab of meat. The T Bone was cooked medium and again was perferctly cooked. It was the size of the plate and must have been at least an inch thick. This is not an exaggeration. The quality was fantastic. The sauces - beef gravy and a wholegrained mustard ones - were great, the veg, potatoes good. The onion rinngs are a diffeent class altogether. Home made, big and plentiful. Must have been 10 of them,
Dessert was 2 cheeseboards. An excellent brie, crumbly and tasty blue cheese and a very nice cheddar. 4 crackers each, and 8 pats of butter to go with them which was more than enough. The butter was also easily spreadable, unlike some place which offer hard bricks which destroy the crackers. There was also a salad with this which is my only criticism. I would prefer maybe a few grapes, some sliced apple and a bit of chutney rather than the salad, but then that is a personal choice and does not take away from the value and quality of the cheese.
All told, a great meal and we look forward to our return. If you are using a voucher, consider upgrading, and if you are hungry go for that T-Bone. I dreamt about it last night !!!

• Visited February 2014
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I used to eat here when it was the old owners & it was fantastic, it wasn't cheap but it was well worth the money, but it seems that the new owners are more concerned with filling seats (2 courses for £5 and groupon vouchers) than using good quality ingredients. We went for Sunday lunch and ordered from the a la carte menu as we were very dubious about the quality of food on the 2 courses for £5 menu. The potato wedges starter was ok but the breaded mushrooms tasted like the ones you buy in a bag from the freezer shop. I had the sirloin steak which although it was cooked well it was tasteless I think they forgot to season it. I opted for the salad with my steak which came covered in a wholegrain mustard dressing, I don't like mustard so it wasn't eaten it would have been nice to have been given the option as to wether I wanted it or not. It also came with an orange slice which I found quite strange, I've never had an orange slice in my salad before. The prime fillet was particularly small considering they charge £23 for it. The onion rings were greasy, the chips were frozen and the veg was tasteless. I had rhubarb crumble which was really nice my only complaint is the custard had a skin as if it had been left sitting for a bit. My daughter had the chocolate fudge cake which would have been fine but it came warm and since she prefers it cold again it would have been nice to have had the option. I also think the use of aerosol cream is a bit of a let down. Considering the meal cost over £170 for 4 (that was without any wine) I was extremely disappointed with what we were given. I certainly won't be eating here again which is a shame because this used to be a fantastic restaurant. The only thing I can't fault were the waitresses, they were polite, welcoming and attentive, 10 out of 10 for them.

• Visited January 2014