“Yummy Burger Place...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in West Nyack
Valley Cottage, New York
“Yummy Burger Place...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Love the variety of burgers that you can get here. Very nice atmosphere. Service is a but spotty though -- sometimes I see the staff fighting with each other, but overall a pleasant place to have a meal.

Visited July 2014

West Nyack, New York
“Really good burgers, very efficient staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Four of us had dinner on a Saturday. There is a lot of seating so we didn't have to wait. None of us were wearing our glasses so we didn't see that our free appetizer with the purchase of two entrees coupon was not valid on Saturdays. The manager did come out to tell us this, but he honored the coupon anyway. Good job! We had fried pickles that were excellant and the shrimp and calamari which were OK. For entrees we had a classic burger, buffalo burger, tuna burger and a chicken burger. Everyone commented on how good their burgers were. Buffalo meat is dry if you don't cook it right. Well, it was cooked right. I had the classic which was a 10 ounce burger and has their own special sauce on it. I asked for rare and it was spot on. Usually I'll put ketchup on my burgers but this one was great just as they served it. The burgers come with fries which were hot and crispy. The sweet potato fries were ok but not crispy. I don't think I have ever found sweet potato fries anywhere that were crispy so I could let that one go. Without seeing all of the appetizers, some of them seemed like they were a little pricey. The burgers were all in the $15 range and came with fries. I might have thought that was a little high except they were good size burgers and very delicious. On the down side the bar bill for 2 drinks each was close to the cost of the food. Bottled beer was $6.00. The girls had fancier drinks. Next time we go I think we'll stick to water or soft drinks. Overall we had a great experience, the place is clean and inviting and the staff friendly and efficient. We will absolutely go back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Way over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The restaurant was empty when we got there, so why did we have to wait ten minutes before some one took our order, and then forty five minutes before we got our food? There were a lot of young men standing around I think they were bus boys, but they weren't doing anything. When we were leaving I did comment to the manager about the wait and she comped us our drinks. However I must say that my overall experience was a bit odd. The food was good, but way over priced. I can get a better burger if not just as good at a chain restaurant for a much better price.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NY
“Nice addition to Rockland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We finally decided to try Westchester Burger. The restaurant was not that crowded but still told to wait at bar for 15 minutes (kids not happy). They have a very large dining room so even when the restaurant is not crowded it is very loud. The service was OK at best. We had to ask for silverware twice. The waiter cleared our plates from the appetizer so quickly we didn't realize till he walked away that he took everything including the side plates with food still on them. The food was good, we felt very rushed but the food was good. For the price I would prefer Zinburger over Westchester Burger.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Nyack, New York
“Great tuna burgers here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The tuna burger was so good I am going back soon. The service was nice; although we were the last table, they didn't rush us.

• Visited February 2014