“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in West Nyack
Blauvelt, New York
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have read the other reviews & I can't help but comment on one of those comments!! If I wanted to have a semi quazy "fast food burger & with that kind of an atmosphere" I would have gone to Five Guys!! Sorry but, I just don't get how someone could compare a burger made at Five Guys verses a restaurant
Now, back to my review, I think the food at this restaurant is very good..they have an appetizer, Pastrami Spring Roll..I know, I know, strange sounding however; it is excellent & I don't like Pastrami!!!! the spare ribs, fall off the bone & are tender..We introduced ourselves to the owner upon our first visit & on each subsequent visit (3 times) she has come over & greeted us!! They also have a decent selection of draft beers on tap
We have talked to many, many people on each visit & not one person has disliked all of the food & BURGERS!
We have sat in the bar area each time & the bartender Carie is very attentive to all of her customer's & she too greets her patrons (by name) & ensures everything is OK..I assure you, if you order something your not happy with, say something & they will "make it right" for you! They want their patrons to be happy..Hopefully, if you go to this restaurant you will be as pleased as I am!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Park Ridge, New Jersey
“Great burgers and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

First time visit last night with my family. We each had different meals, including Cob Salad, mac and cheese, guac and chips, bacon cheeseburger and I had the Entourage. We really all gave high ratings for the food -- delicious and fresh. The service was also very good (Jimmy was very friendly) and we were seated promptly, although as we left we could see there was a small wait.

The decor is nice, great vibe, was nice to watch some US Open on the flat screen TV nearby -- we were happy and will be back. It IS a little expensive for a burger place but I'll pay a bit more for a higher quality place and food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spring Valley
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Really nothing special. Wife had a Napa, and I had the original. Don't get me wrong, the ingredients were fresh and the burgers were tasty-but nothing you can't get at a million other places in Rockland county. Wife's bun was a bit greasy, and the fries were absolutely non descript-fast food fries are all better. Our waitress was nice and our service was prompt. Kinda felt silly at the end paying $15.00 a head for burgers and fries. No need to go out of your way for this place-any chain place or diner can give you the same thing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Piermont, New York, United States
“Mediocre, overpriced burgers. Nothing special here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Simple - the burgers are overpriced and nothing special. I guess it's normal to pay $15.00 for a mediocre burger and fries in Westchester, but not Rockland. Better quality at Five Guys for 1/2 the cost! What a ripoff! There are a lot of restaurants in Nyack whose burger's and fries blow this place away, and for less money! What's worse, the service was horrendous. 45 minutes for 3 hamburgers on a Monday night. Not only that, I ordered medium, got rare. My fries were with my wife's burger. Her salad was with mine. Obviously this chain is expanding too fast and not watching the quality of the food or the service.! Again, there are a lot better places in Rockland to get a better burger for 1/2 the price. Westchester Burger Company - go back to Westchester!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere