“Could Be Great” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in West Nyack
Cuisines: American, Asian, Hamburgers, Vegetarian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 180 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Somers, New York, USA
“Could Be Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Arrived at restaurant after purchasing my movie tickets at approximately 5:15 and the restaurant was packed and the wait I was told was 45 minutes. I left my name and went to the bar for a drink with my family while waiting for our table. While at the bar we notices many vacant clean tables, we waited at the bar over 30 minutes when I finally went to the reception desk and complained about the many vacant tables while I waiting to be seated. I was told the people were paged and they need to wait for the parties to arrive. I said how long do you wait I have seen tables vacant for over 20 minutes. I received no real answer. I went back to the bar and in less than 2 minutes we were called back to the reception desk as our table was now ready. We were seated in the back of the restaurant in a very large booth. Our waitress came over was very nice and proceeded to take our drink and meal order. My wife and I ordered the same entrées surf and turf burger, my wife no bun. My wife likes her meats rare while I like them medium rare. Our burgers came out and mine has a stake that stated rare and my wife’s said m. rare. I advised the waitress who left with both burgers. A few minutes later a manager returned with both burgers stating the chef said the stakes were put in the incorrect burgers but they are cooked as ordered. He left without waiting to see if the burgers were cooked to order and they were not my wife’s was medium and mine rare. At this point if we sent them back again we would have been late to the movie. We rushed and left most of our meals. When the waitress came back and asked how everything was I said not great but she kind of left the table unsure what to do as I guess very few people are honest when asked about their meal. She brought the check and we left. I might add the waitress at the end of the meal was not the same one that started serving us. The latter waitress was on break in the beginning of our meal but came back at the end.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House - West Nyack, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hi Joseph C - Oh no! We are so sorry that your burgers were prepared incorrectly. We are capable of much more and our server should have involved a manager to rectify your disappointment. We'd like to try to make this up to you. Please contact us at guestservices@yardhouse.com. Thank you.

Georgia523
“Good food a little loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

First time visit. Met a friend here for some food and chat at the bar. The bartenders seem preoccupied with counting their tips and the service was slow. The food was good, but due to the layout the place was a bit loud.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hi Creeper523 - We are so disappointed and sorry to learn that we let you down. Service should certainly not be slow and team members should not be pre-occupied. When time allows, please contact us at guestservices@yardhouse.com so that we can try to make this right. Thank you.
Waldwick, New Jersey
“Good beer and food in a casual atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went with my son midweek and the place was slow. We were seated promptly and serviced by Lisa. Lisa went out of her way to make sure my son received a side he enjoyed since he doesn't like salad or their fries. Lisa also enlightened me to the fact we were there during happy hour and pointed out the special menu. I didn't order off it but nice to see a server that knows the menu. I had the Hawain burger and it was cooked perfectly and had fresh pineapple on it with a tasty sauce on the side. My son had the sliders and they were enough for two people. The beer selection is unreal, everything on tap. I had the house honey amber and it was excellent. This is a great place to come with friends after work or for a family to have dinner without breaking the bank.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liberty, New York
“Yard House - West Nyack”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the Yard House in West Nyack, NY. We started with Moo Shu eggroll & Calamari, and it was delicious. The beer selection is huge, I was in beer heaven. For dinner we had Penne with Chicken & the Jambalaya, both we available in small portions. The atmosphere was a well designed sports bar & nightclub feel. The staff and servers were polite & very knowledgeable. My wife & I we definitely will be going back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
“Yummy Burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My friends and I have been to this restaurant 3 or 4 times for lunch. We've never been disappointed or had to wait very long for a table. The Swiss Avocado burger is a GREAT choice! It is a very spacious restaurant; the service has always been excellent. I understand is very crowded after 5 - great beer selection!

• Visited January 2013