“A great night out.” 4 of 5 stars

Ridgefield, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
“A great night out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I went to Levity Live for the first time last night and had a great time. From what I hear Comedy Clubs are "expensive" in general and people aren't always braced for the 2 drink/item minimum. For those on a budget: I thought tickets for the show were pretty cheap ($25 for Chris Titus) and my 2 iced teas were $3.50 each. Not much more than any chain restaurant charges these days.I had 2 hours of non-stop laughs for $33.50. I didn't have to pay NYC parking fees. I did not have to take the train and get home late. Since, its located in the giant Palisades Center Mall - it was quick/easy in & out. With lots of retail options for killing time before or after the show. Even plenty of cheaper dining options within the mall, if money is tight.

One thing worth mentioning - my friends went a few months ago and were shocked to find out that ordering a $31 bucket of 6 beers counted as one item in the "2 drink/item minimum". I don't know if thats still the policy. But thats kind of messed up. They lost some return customers on principle on that one.

Bottom line: a night at Levity Live does not have to be expensive if you don't want it to be. I had a great time and look forward to returning.

Visited February 2013
HollywoodImprov, Manager at Levity Live Comedy Club, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thanks for leaving a review! We're glad you found our ticket price reasonable and are thrilled you enjoyed the show! Your experience with the bucket of beers is not our policy and we apologize for any misunderstanding. We honor the buckets as the two item minimum for up to 3 guests. We appreciate your comment as it gave us the opportunity to remind our staff! We look forward to seeing you again soon for another night of comedy!

Weehawken, New Jersey
“Great Club Food Sucks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Love the club and the shows. the food is terrible. order appetizers only and may be the sliders. Not a bad seat in the house. Wait staff young and could be more attentive. Fast paced understandable for early show since they need to get things rolling for the next show. Keep up the good work!

Visited January 2013
HollywoodImprov, Manager at Levity Live Comedy Club, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks so much for visiting Levity Live! We're disappointed you didn't enjoy your meal, but appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve! We hope you'll contact us offline with more detailed comments so we can show you a more enjoyable dining experience in the future!
New City, New York
“funny how I make you laugh?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The entertainment was first rate. The pace of the comics was really good. The drinks were very expensive and the food was very average. We have a great time the price of the drinks being more reasonable and the food being a little better would have added to that. We did enjoy ourselves however.

Visited December 2012
Chestnut Ridge, New York, United States
42 attraction reviews
“nice atmosphere but expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I like comedy clubs and love to laugh, this place does do that. The atmosphere is very nice. The food is WAY overpriced! Don't plan on eating dinner here...Drinks are a rip off! I would go again but I would eat at home and just get a dessert while watching the show. Also, look for coupons before attending..

Visited August 2012
HollywoodImprov, Owner at Levity Live Comedy Club, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to read your comments about our food pricing. I always enjoy the $6 glass of wine and a slice of cake; it's cheap and delicious! Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Visit us on Facebook to find out about upcoming offers and discounts!
Hackensack, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
“Reminded me of a Las Vegas showroom!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

What a great place, reminds me of a Las Vegas lounge/show room. Clean, good service and big names and good air conditioning. Levity is part of the organization that includes the Gotham Comedy Club, which brings in the big names.
This is NOT an inexpensive place. The drinks (including beers) and the food are first rate and the crowd is well dressed and respectful. I was able to order an IPA "imported" from California as well as two fancy drinks, minus the umbrellas, similar to what you would see on Bar Rescue. I also ordered the short rib and brisket burger which I enjoyed tremendously, along with a bacon strip appetizer, which somehow mysteryously disappeared before finishing them. The tie and jacket management as well as the waiters and hosts appear to be very well trained...and the bathrooms were clean. I'm not a geek, but was impressed by the wireless "tablets" the waiters were using. Considering what the tolls an parking cost to go to NY City, it's better to come here than the city. If you're in an area hotel and looking for something to do, this is the place! The bill just for myself including tip was
just over S60.00, not including the cost of the ticket.

Visited October 2012