“Best Rockland waterfront dining” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Hudson Water Club sits within a beautiful waterside setting, against sweeping views of the Hudson River. Inside, snazzy terrazzo tile, vaulted ceilings, and floor to ceiling windows make for tremendous use of the natural views of the river. The restaurant's cuisine is Contemporary American with a strong emphasis on seafood designed by our CIA trained Executive Chef Michael Dobias. Chef Dobias focuses on local ingredients and strives to feature seasonal items at their peak of freshness. Our diverse menus combine classic favorites with modern twists to be savored in surroundings of breath-taking river views and exceptional service and hospitality.
New City, New York, USA
“Best Rockland waterfront dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been going to Hudson Water Club during the summer months to enjoy excellent food and Hudson River views for several years. The food has been consistently good.Tasty burgers, good pizza appetizers, fried calamari, salads, and seafood. Bustling outdoor bar scene with music on the weekends. Good draft beer selection and mixed drinks.When the weather is inviting, this is a go to restaurant for me!

Visited September 2013

Oakland, NJ
“Best food around bar none give it a try the trip will be worth it!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I love the food so it's tucked away by itself in a marina but it is a wonderful place great food great service you should give it a try you will not be disappointed . Wonderful selection .

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I still can't believe this happened!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I live quite local to this place and have been here for dinner and/or drinks a few times already. If the sun is shining it's a decent venue. That said, I shan't be going back again. Here's why.
Went for dinner on Sunday 8th September, along with my girlfriend. Ordered a bottle of wine, salad and a platter to start, with Salmon and Scallop risotto as entree's.
To start with service was ok. Wine came, as did starters. Platter was good salad was ok. Though my girlfriend commented that the salad was expensive for what it was.
Entree's came in reasonable time and although my salmon wasn't great, it was acceptable and it would have to be very poor for me to say anything. I'm British and complaining about food isn't in my psyche. However, my GF's risotto was cold, though the first of the 4 scallops were good.
She asked the server to take the risotto away and heat it up quickly, but could they not cook the scallops any further as they were fine. The server suggested she put the scallops on a side plate and keep them as the risotto would be back very quickly, handed her the side plate and took the risotto away. So far, so good.
At this point the server went MIA and so did the risotto. It went, but it never returned. At which point I have finished my dinner entirely and my GF had decided to eat the 3 remaining scallops off the side plate. When the server returned - about 12 minutes later - she apologised that he risotto had been forgotten about, but it wasn't her fault! Anyway, she asked if my GF wanted a dessert as compensation, which was a decent gesture. My GF suggested that she didn't want a sweet, her preference would be for her risotto. The server didn't offer to bring the risotto nor to replace it with any other entree. She simply went away and brought us the cheque after having asked the "manager", who told her to knock $4 off the bill. Though they had decided to leave the $29.99 scallop risotto on the bill.
So, i asked the server if she would ask the manager to join me, which she duly did. She introduced herself as the manager and when I enquired as to her name she said Monica.
I explained the situation and that my GF didn't ge't her entree after it was taken away and that i was therefore unhappy to pay for it and that $4 off the bill was an unacceptable response from any reputable restaurant in my opinion. She should have offered either a risotto or an alternative entree. Monica's response was that she was not authorised to credit the entree, which seemed a ridiculous comment given she said she was the manager. But, she would credit the salad. My response to which was that I said the salad was fine and i want to pay for the salad. The risotto was the issue. We didn't get the risotto in effect and so i was unhappy at paying for it.
She was adamant that the bill stood and that she was trying to help. but i wouldn't meet her halfway. I reiterated that I was happy to pay for the wine, the starters and my entree. I would even tip the server, though she didn't deserve it. What I wasn't happy to pay for was the entree that we didn't have. It was their error, they served it cold, they took it away and they forgot about it. Take it off the bill and we are happy. She refused once again saying and I quite "she ate the scallops. All she is missing is her starch" So i will only credit the $4."
Any sane person would just laugh at such a ridiculous comment, but by now I was getting annoyed at Monica's attutude. I was the customer, they had screwed up the risotto and then taken it away and having never returned it they insist on charging for it! Not in my world they won't.
After I refused to move on this, and said if you insist on charging me for it them I will simply take it off any tip Monica snatched the bill from me, walked off and then sent it back with the risotto duly removed. So, i paid the bill and tipped the server 30 bucks on a $91 bill, just to emphasise the point that this was not about the money, it was about the principle. When i handed the bill and the money to the server, and I commented that I was unhappy about how I had been treated the server commented that she hoped it wasnt reflected in her tip!!!!! I just smiled, shook my head and walked away, never to return.
So in summary, if you go here and you are fortunate enough to have a good experience then you may enjoy it, though the food is mediocre at best and the wine list is very restricted. havig read a few other reviews since last sunday it appears that the service is patchy at best. Which has been my experience too.
I am thinking that these guys need some local competition and maybe they will up their game. Oh, and Monica, if you're reading this, might I suggest a new career might be worthy of your consideration. It seems the customer service element of your role is somewhat lacking.
Have a nice day:)

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Great views and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped for a late lunch on a sunny weekday. We got a table outside right on the water. Service was fast and both of our meals were very good. Prices are very reasonable considering the location. Good choice of tap beers too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Somers, New York
“Pull up in your boat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went here with some friends who took us over in their boat. We just tied up the boat on the pier, and walked right onto the deck: very nice! They have a huge outdoor deck right on the river with a great view, really a nice spot for dinner. All of the entrees we tried were very good, and service was pretty fast, even with such a crowd. I'd definitely return here again, especially if I'm ever out on the Hudson near dinner time!

• Visited August 2013