“Their name deceiving.. Food is not bar fare but a 5-Star Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dog Bar Restaurant

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in West Falls
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hamilton, Canada
“Their name deceiving.. Food is not bar fare but a 5-Star Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were in the area late and decided to drop by for some light fare and found this restaurant delightful and surprisingly good. They had the usual entrees such as steak, chicken, lamb and seafood but the meals are not to be considered usual. The aroma within the establishment made us hungry and we opted for the lighter items on the menu. My spouse had shrimp and rice. I had scallops and salad and it was exactly what we wanted in the quantity and quality that we wanted.
The staff are charming and helpful. The restaurant has artifacts throughout to inform you what was in the area. The rooms are nice to feel that you are not inside a large room and lends itself to a romantic feel. We will be definitely drop in again when we are in the area.

• Visited August 2012

“Awesome atmosphere..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

After winning $40 worth of gift certificates in a raffle, we decided to take the 30 minute drive out to this restaurant. It was worth the drive. All the employees were very nice, very interesting artifacts, large dining area with enough privacy from room to room. At first we thought it was a bit pricy, but boy were we wrong. The amount of food definitely fulfilled the price. All three of our meals were delicious. Let's say we didn't leave hungry! I will definitely recommend the Dog Bar to others, and we will be back again!!

Buffalo, New York
“Our favorite place for steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I go here whenever we're craving a good steak. I WILL NOT order steak anywhere else because I know it just won't compare. It is considered casual fine dining so, in other words, your jeans are acceptable. At first glance the price might seem a little high, but you'll get more food than you know what to do with.

Service can be slow, but each dish is prepared fresh as you order it...nothing is pre-prepared. I have often recommended The Dog Bar to our friends with this one warning. "This is NOT a dinner and a movie kind of restaurant. This is the kind of restaurant you go to when you are prepared to wait for good food and have a nice conversation with whomever you're with". If we go in knowing that, the wait doesn't usually bother me or my husband.

• Visited June 2012
Buffalo, New York
“Great Food, better atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Over the years I have been to the Dog Bar. I have always had great tasting food, whether it was meat or seafood, it was always tasty. We live approximately 45 minutes from the restaurant, but always look forward to the nice ride. After dinner, we usually stop for dessert at the Butterwood Bakery, very close by. If you like great food, casual attire and friendly people, stop at the Dog Bar for dinner and drinks. You won't be disappointed!!!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hamburg, New York, United States
“Awesome food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We had the sea bass and it was the best sea bass I've ever had and it was a generous portion. Soup, salad, sea bass, potato, vegetable & roll for $23 - how can you go wrong? The lamb and lobster also looked great. Highly recommend a visit to the Dog Bar!!!

• Visited February 2012