“Get into the caves for brilliant views” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 16 activities in Whitianga
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Experience the coastline of Whitianga and Hot Water beach like no other. Delve deep inside sea caves and witness the magical acoustics and thriving sea life. Take in the golden beaches, offshore islands, blowholes, towering rock faces and the famous Cathedral Cove - the home to the Narnia Prince Caspian set. Our tour allows you to get closer and experience more.
Albury, Australia
“Get into the caves for brilliant views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Les was able to take us out after another operator had engine difficulties. Had the pm run. His inflatable boat is quick enough to provide some thrills for young and old alike. Les is quite knowledgable re local history/environment. I was lucky enough to be with some other adventurous Aussies and we all snorkelled in the cool waters of a cave. The boat gets inside caves for excellent views. It gets windy, so hold on to your hat. [I lost mine and we had to fetch it.] No canopy means uninterupted sightseeing above, so wear plenty of sunscreen. Les has a very engaging manner and connected with all his guests. A great value activity.

Visited January 2014
SeaCaveAdventures1, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thanks for your review Steve. So happy we got to show our beautiful backyard with you and glad we could save your hat. Happy to hear that you enjoyed your adventure and the snorkelling inside the caves.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Awesome scenery and lots of history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I think the trip was awesome the places I would never see if hadn't gone on the trip and history about the places we saw that I never have known.
Deffently worth it

Visited January 2014
Thanks for your review! Glad we could share our little bit of paradise with you
Auckland, New Zealand
“What an Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

WOW!!! What a once in a lifetime experience. We were lucky enough to go out with Les on Sea Cave Adventures and saw a pod of dolphins and some orcas. Les stopped and let us watch them play around. On top of that experience we got to explore inside the caves and see the coast from a completely different perspective. It was absolutely spectacular and I definitely recommend it to everyone. Les is a very knowledgable skipper and we enjoyed his witty sense of humour. He made sure we were all comfortable and enjoying ourselves which added to the beauty of the trip I truly envy him for being able to do this everyday. Had such a wonderful time thank you for sharing it with us Les.

Thanks for your Review Faye, I'm so happy you were able to explore my work office and you enjoyed it. We are so lucky to be able to share these amazing sites with everyone.
So happy you enjoyed your trip.
Pukekohe, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
“Thrills without the spills!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We went on sea cave adventures at 4.30pm in the afternoon - last trip of the day. Les took us out on a full tide to explore the sights of the coastline from the sea. He took us inside sea caves and caves with huge openings in the ceiling. The rock formations were spectacular. We then went to Cathedral Cove, which is one of the most awe inspiring geographic features in the North Island. The area is a marine reserve, so we saw lots of fish. We went snorkelling in a sea cave amongst fish that were blue and rocks that were pink. I am a New Zealander but this opened up a whole new world to me - a side of NZ I've never seen and it was stunning. Les was a very amiable skipper, took great concern over his passengers comfort and safety. One small suggestion, perhaps an investment in a canopy would improve the over all comfort of clients. It can be very hot out there and too windy for hats!! A really great trip for Kiwis and overseas visitors!

Visited January 2014
SeaCaveAdventures1, Manager at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thanks Judith I appreciate you taking the time to review us. So glad I could take you out on a day with such beautiful water for you and your family to enjoy the trip at it's best. Hope you enjoyed snorkelling with the fish that are called blue mao mao.
As New Zealanders we often forget that our backyard is a truly beautiful place and I'm happy that I could show you and your family all these special places.
I appreciate your suggestion about the conopy which we have looked into, however it restricts our movement within the caves which would take away the uniqueness of our trip.
Matamata, New Zealand
“2 hours of adventure & fun whilst in Whitianga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Sea Cave adventures offered an awesome boat trip showing us not only the sights of Mercury Bay but the sexy skipper Les was knowledgeable about the local history with his own sense of humour. We were very impressed with the whole experience & loved being taken into the many caves & bays especially Cathedral Cove. We saw fish in the beautiful clear waters & enjoyed the close encounter with the spectacular coast line.
Put this on your bucket list!!!
Don't forget to take the camera & togs!!

Visited December 2013
SeaCaveAdventures1, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thanks Linda D. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and enjoyed my sense of humour, what an ego boost. Cathedral Cove is a spectacular view and i'm happy I could take you to many other beautiful places as well.
Come back anytime