“Second Honeymoon escape” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bayview at 91

You added Bayview at 91 to your Saves list
Bayview at 91
5.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   91 Centennial Drive, Whitianga 3510, New Zealand   |
Ranked #1 of 38 Whitianga B&B and Inns
“Second Honeymoon escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

David was extremely attentive to all our needs. A very thoughtful touch was the purchase of a kosher cookbook, as we indicated to him we would not attend any local restaurants and would need to prepare all our own meals. He went out of his way to obtain kosher provisions for breakfast. The facility is modern and immaculate. The view is spectacular. The bedroom was very comfortable. A computer and wifi were provided. We had a lovely after dinner drinks and social, as well as a very enjoyable breakfast. We would return without hesitation.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidinNZ, Owner at Bayview at 91, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Shalom, Thank you for staying with us at Bayview 91 and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind review. We always look at how we can meet our guests specific requirements and were only to delighted to provide a Kosher Cookbook for your use in suite when preparing food.It is always nice to have guests from the Jewish Community stay with us and to know we were able to meet your needs as we did across all aspects of your stay is most rewarding for us. Kind Regards to you both - David Hall Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

David does a very nice job, and deserves an excellent rating. He is striving to get a certain award, but that is not a bad thing. He was kind enough to upgrade us to his apartment downstairs complete with a very elegant bath, and also invited us upstairs for a glass of nice wine. He is a real entreneur, with many interesting stories to share. The breakfast was very nice, with muesli, toast from fresh bread, fruit, and coffee.

The views from his location were stunning in the morning, after the rain had passed through. I went out to take one picture, and started walking down the road taking pictures of the morning sun starting to break through the clouds. Whitianga can be a lovely spot if you catch the weather right.

If you stay with David, you will find that he is very thorough and detailed-oriented. He has a book from A to Z, even to the point of showing us where the sewing kit was at and what the evacuation plan was for any natural disaster. I found myself challenged to find things that he may have overlooked. We did find six things, but they really were very minor, and too small to mention. He does deserve a excellent review.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had a marvelous stay at Bayview and the superb service and facilities made it an ideal place to stay and bunker down from the torrential downpour at the weekend.

The attention to detail was particularly pleasing and set it apart from the competition. I for one am looking forward to my next visit ...

Room Tip: Top floor room gets the best views over Mercury Bay with sliding doors out to the deck. Downstairs r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
DavidinNZ, Owner at Bayview at 91, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you Alan for your kind review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, sadly we cannot command the weather but are pleased that you found the comfort of Bayview at 91 and your Mercury Bay Suite a place of having with its ever changing views of Historic Mercury Bay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Our thanks David & Dmitri
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

It was a special get away for us- it was our 10 year Anniversary and we wished it to be relaxing. We have stayed at many B& Bs, motels, hotels and holiday houses over the past 8 years in New Zealand, but this is the very first occasion that we have decide to return to David and Dmitri's B& B.
We stayed at the Te Kupe suit, which is spacious, tastefully decorated and yet so comfortable. The Te Kupe suit has a special, warm atmosphere and David and Dmitri's attention to details is amazing.
The view is just simply breathtaking, perfect spot to watch the sunset in Whitianga. The bathroom is luxurious, perfectly executed.We had everything we could wish for, I am so happy that I found their place.
Also, I want to mention David and Dmitri's hospitality- they were friendly, helpful and also very thoughtful, not only of us adults but also for our little girl, Tinka. We were provided with a portacot, which was as nicely presented as our bed and bedding- special thank you for that.
We had a fantastic time staying there Marta, Laszlo and Katinka

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had the great pleasure of staying at Bayview 91 for several nights last January. David and Dmitri could not have been nicer, more friendly and more accommodating. They made me feel like a personal friend and a part of the family.

The accommodations were excellent. The Kupo suite where i was lucky enough to stay was absolutely beautiful. I first rate, modern kitchen and a bathroom that I would have liked to take home with me. Breakfasts were delicious and offered a large variety. Drinks before dinner became a tradition which I looked forward to every night.

I think the highest recommendation I can give is that I booked the Kupo suite at Bayview 91 again. I stayed at about 12 b and b's in New Zealand last year and this was definitely the most beautful, comfortable, lush, modern and friendly of all. I hear from David and Dmitri on a social as well aas business basis. David was so thoughtful that he sent me a Happy 4th of July e mail.

I cannot rate Bayview 91 higher as is evidenced by the fact that I am returning at the first available opportunity.

Michael B.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Lighthouse Point, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We were so lucky to have stayed in this terrific bed and breakfast at the start of our 2 week New Zealand vacation! David and Dmitri were amoung the most accomplished hosts we have ever experienced in our 20+ years of staying in B&Bs. My husband and I, along with our two teenaged daughters, have nothing but great things to say about the amenities and our hosts.

The girls loved waking up to fresh bread, baking in the kitchen. I enjoyed the breathtaking views from the dining table, balconies and private yard. My husband learned more useful information about New Zealand from our entertaining hosts than he did from the books he had read prior to our trip.

The rooms were more than comfortable, they were stocked with just about everything a traveler could need - from cozy robes, plush towels, and stylish bathrooms (complete with a manicure set) to a private and well equiped kitchen (with one of the coolest refrigerators we have ever seen!)

We highly recommend you find your way to Bayview at 91.

Room Tip: The Kupe Suite has the amazing private kitchen/family room/dining area. The Mercury Bay room was pe...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Bayview at 91 was an excellent stop on my first trip to New Zealand. I cannot say enough good things about the B&B, and of course the hosts, David and Dmitri (who makes a great cup of coffee). The B&B, with its view of Mercury Bay, from a incredible suite, has everything anybody needs and wants when visiting Whitianga. David and Dmitri made sure that my stay was great, and with a personal touch. I highly recommend Bayview at 91 and hope to visit again sometime soon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Bayview at 91? Share your experiences!