Booked x2 beach shacks next to each other as we had 4 adults and 2 kids amongst us. Each beachshack sleeps 6 (queen bed in one room; 2 bunk beds in second room; central bathroom with combined laundry/separate toilet; open plan kitchen/living area). Would be fine with 2 adults and kids, but I think you would feel like you are getting on top of each other if more adults were in the shack. Each beachshack has a car spot at the front and a small courtyard with BBQ, outdoor dining set and clothes line. Appliances all new and in good condition. Modern decor. Flat screen TV and DVD player in each shack. Split air conditioner in each bedroom and living area....which was very much required during the summer days. Lovely pool (and wading pool) for a swim and deck chairs to soak up the sun....is supposed to be heated, but the day we arrived they had just cleaned and refilled it and so was not heated completely yet, but still enjoyed it as it was a warm day. Tennis court also at property. No views from beachshacks. Toiletries provided and towels were white and fluffy and linen beautifully white and crisp. Shacks stocked with ample amount of laundry detergent/dishwashing detergent/vacuum etc for long stays. Real milk (not UHT stuff) also in fridge for arrival. Handheld shower head great for those with kids, no bath tub in shacks, but bubby can be washed in basin. Each beachshack has showers outside for you to wash off sand before entering unit.
Dined at restaurant in resort, food was pretty good but pricey. Funky bar and shop for you to buy ready made meals (though we didn't try these).
Great place to stay to enjoy the beach (Smith's beach is quite rought, Bunker Bay is calmer) and Margaret River region.
We stayed when they had special rates on, so at the time it was better value for money. However, would definitely recommend this resort and stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smiths Beach Resort is a resort with a difference - a mix of private self-contained accommodation combined with first-class resort facilities.This is the quintessential Australian beach-side experience encompassing world class facilities and an assortment of food and beverage options operated by Lamont's, one of WA's premier food and wine families. These facilities include restaurant, bar, gourmet deli/cafe and bottleshop, and the only cellar door wine tasting facilities in a resort in the region.Smiths Beach Resort is unlike most resorts in that it offers guests the convenience of fully self-contained accommodation, all with private living areas and kitchen facilities, ideal for those who prefer the option to look after themselves, or these wonderful dining facilities for those who prefer to relax and make the most of being on holiday. As such, Smiths Beach Resort does not offer room service and rooms are are not cleaned daily however additional cleaning can be arranged for those who desire it.Rooms range from comfortable 4-star Beach Shacks for families, to beautiful and very spacious 5-star Apartments, Villas and Beach Houses.A Small Luxury Hotel of the World boarded by the spectacular Smiths Beach and the internationally acclaimed Margaret River Wine Region. The Beach Shacks are not part of the SLH program but guests do have access to all the resort facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Booking.com so you can book your Smiths Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smiths Beach Hotel Yallingup
- Smiths Beach Resort Yallingup, Margaret River Region