The property is located right on the beach and is about 10km south of Dunsborough so it has a secluded feel to it. There are different types of accommodation here from beach shacks to more upmarket apartments. We stayed in a 2 bedroom beach shack which was comfortable and adequate for our needs.Bear in mind that they are not huge apartments so if you plan to spend a lot of time in the rooms (like in the middle of winter) there may be better choices around. They are self contained with a good variety of appliances and also have an outdoor area (private) with a BBQ. Beds are comfortable (bunks in the 2nd bedroom) and bathroom/shower good. TV has Foxtel and wi-fi is free. There is a deli, bottle shop and a bar/restaurant at the resort. You can get breakfast at the deli (bacon & eggs @ $16) which was good quality. If you are planning on cooking in your unit, do your shopping in Dunsborough as the prices in the deli and the bottle shop are not cheap. The location is what makes this place. If you want to stay close to home, the views and walking trails etc are magic and if you want to do the winery thing, they are right around the corner (including Lamonts which is on site).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smiths Beach Resort is a resort with a difference - a mix of private self-contained accommodation combined with first-class resort facilities.This is the quintessential Australian beach-side experience encompassing world class facilities and an assortment of food and beverage options operated by Lamont's, one of WA's premier food and wine families. These facilities include restaurant, bar, gourmet deli/cafe and bottleshop, and the only cellar door wine tasting facilities in a resort in the region.Smiths Beach Resort is unlike most resorts in that it offers guests the convenience of fully self-contained accommodation, all with private living areas and kitchen facilities, ideal for those who prefer the option to look after themselves, or these wonderful dining facilities for those who prefer to relax and make the most of being on holiday. As such, Smiths Beach Resort does not offer room service and rooms are are not cleaned daily however additional cleaning can be arranged for those who desire it.Rooms range from comfortable 4-star Beach Shacks for families, to beautiful and very spacious 5-star Apartments, Villas and Beach Houses.A Small Luxury Hotel of the World boarded by the spectacular Smiths Beach and the internationally acclaimed Margaret River Wine Region. The Beach Shacks are not part of the SLH program but guests do have access to all the resort facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Smiths Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smiths Beach Hotel Yallingup
- Smiths Beach Resort Yallingup, Margaret River Region