My husband and I first stayed at Chandeliers for our wedding back in January 2008 and absolutely loved it, which is why we returned this time to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary. Unfortunately we were quite disappointed this time & will not be returning to Chandeliers.
- Our biggest gripe was the number of spiders in the rooms and clearly established spiderwebs (including one in the timber handrail of the lounge; which makes you question how well they really clean the place between guests...); the majority of the spiders were Daddy Long Legs however I did have the misfortune of coming across a massive Huntsmen spider on the wardrobe wall behind our bed on our final morning - not the kind of fright I need at 8 months pregnant!! Furthermore, we've stayed at many different places around the Margaret River region and we've never experienced spiders like that anywhere else, so the fact that it is in a rural setting is no excuse
- The drain in the shower was blocked, which meant that several dead spiders and a dead cockroach floated around our feet for every shower for the three days we were there (the water would eventually drain away, but so slowly that the floating bits would settle on the floor, rather than emptying down the drain)
- The driveway definitely needs work as our car (a 2012 Mazda 6) regularly struggled to maintain traction on the first part of the driveway
- I rated the service as poor, as we were contacted by the owners on our way down to tell us that the toaster had been broken but that they would bring a new one by in the morning, unfortunately we never saw the toaster & heard nothing more from the owners. If they weren't able to replace it as promised, a simple phone call or note on our door would have sufficed. It wasn't a big deal to us, but it mean't that we didn't use any of the loaf of bread provided.
- And a suggestion for further improvements would be to add curtains or sliding doors to section off the bedroom from the bathroom & living areas as it was very bright from early in the morning, which made it impossible for me to really enjoy a sleep in
In summary, while the building and decor itself was lovely (fabulous rainwater shower heads, rocking chairs on the front balcony, large comfy bed etc) for us the experience was really tainted by the negatives, and given the price you pay per night, I really don't think it was acceptable. And there are a LOT of other accommodation options if you're willing to pay that much!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.