“Disappointing! ” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 12 activities in Yallingup
Perth, Australia
“Disappointing! ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very long wait (nearly 2 hours) for the main meal - with no apology or consolation offered. the entrée was meagre. The staff were friendly and polite but there were simply not enough -especially chefs! We had to go to simmos as we left hungry and dissatisfied. Be prepared to wait. The wine tasting was great.

David I, Owner at Rivendell Winery Estate Cellar Door, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment with the service at Rivendell Restaurant. We were a little overwhelmed over the long weekend and sadly somewhat understaffed. Hopefully this a lesson we'll learnt! I know Carol and the team worked tirelessly to satisfy everyone and again I'm sorry we let you down.
Hopefully if your passing this way again you might give us a chance to redeem ourselves and show you the service we are building our reputation on - friendly and fussed about with great food and service. We love to have that opportunity.

Kind regards,

David Irvin

Perth, Australia
“Dog friendly place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

What a wonderful place to stop for lunch and taste their produce. It is probably the first time since I have lived in Australia that there was on objection to letting my pet Beagle roam around the place and even go inside the restaurant with me. The staff couldn't be more friendly.
Although I have been to Rivendell Winery in the past it was a completely different place than. I used to stop at the winery in order to buy jams to take home to friends in Perth. Now under the new owners the estate has been completely revamped and is so much better. I couldn't resist ordering pappardelle con ragu for lunch. It was divine!!! I know it is a place I shall visit again and again in the future and possibly stay in one of the beautiful modern cottages on the estate.
Thank you Rivendell for looking after me and my beagle.

Visited May 2014