“Absolutely stunning” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Injidup Spa Retreat

You added Injidup Spa Retreat to your Saves list
Injidup Spa Retreat
5.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   32 Cape Clairault Road, Yallingup, Western Australia 6282, Australia   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Yallingup B&B and Inns
“Absolutely stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

The location and views from this place were fantastic, very peaceful and relaxing. Close enough to enjoy the wineries, would definitely love to go back for another stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Beautiful accommodation, fantastic location within minutes to restaurants, wineries and beaches. Unspoilt ocean views in a natural environment gives you the privacy and quiet time to relax and unwind with a spa retreat a few steps away.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

We stayed for 4 nights with another couple and from the moment we arrived, we relaxed and had a great break from our city lives. There is plenty of room for 2 couples and you don't feel on top of each other.
You can push doors back and the sitting room becomes part of the deck and plunge pool. The view is extraordinary. We liked the decor.
The kitchen was set in a bench but surprisingly had everything that we needed except for enough fridge space (probably our fault as we planned to wine & dine well). Luckily we had an esky which helped keep drinks cold. We used the BBQ on the deck for cooking breakfast and dinners and enjoyed this.
In the mornings we went for a walk or swim at Injidup beach. We had never been to this beach before probably because it is off the main road and not well sign posted. It is a magnificent beach with a rocky headland at one end and huge sand dunes at the other. There's a few surfies and most of the time it seems as if you have the beach to yourselves.
The middle of each day we went sightseeing and out for lunch. It's close to galleries and wineries. In the afternoon we relaxed on sun lounges by the pool.
The sunsets from the Villa are great. However on a couple of nights we ventured further. One evening we walked down a track to a bench seat on the Cape to Cape Track and on another night we found a path to Injidup beach for our drinks.
It's useful to know that many of the local restaurants don't open in the evenings so going out at lunch time works well. It means when you get home to the Villa you can just relax for the night.
We would recommend this place to people who like to get away from suburbia. As there are only 10 villas, you feel rather special.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Great Southern
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

We stayed at Injidup in March this year and thoroughly enjoyed all that a prestigious place like this has to offer.
The units are stunning, with incredible veiws from inside and out.
The interior decoration is lovely and the deck and plunge pool overlooking the ocean are very special, a marvelous place to barbeque and enjoy the Margaret River wines.
The staff were lovely, friendly and disceet.
This is a very private, relaxing and beautifully appointed small resort.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
City Beach Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

My husband & I stayed at Injidup Spa Retreat earlier this month & normally I would never bother to write a review, but I just had to let other people know how amazing this place is! Our stay there was absolutely perfect!

We arrived in stormy weather and the lovely receptionist greeted us at the door and ushered us inside. The reception area is small but beautiful and so tastefully decorated. Check in was a breeze; the receptionist helped us with our luggage and we were shown to our villa, and WOW!! what a view. The deck had the most amazing plunge pool, but the view was something else. The coastline here is just stunning. We could even see surfers riding the waves below!

Inside, our villa it was so cozy and warm whilst the storm raged on outside. We ended up settling in on the couch for our first night with a bottle of local red wine. Everything you would ever need is in the villa; flat screen TV's, foxtel and an i-pod docking station. There is no mobile reception here as it’s quite isolated but it’s a retreat, that the best part! So that didn’t bother us at all. To combat this problem though there is a cordless phone in the room and the receptionist kindly gave us the phone number so that we could give the number to family and friends wanting to reach us. The fireplace in the lounge kept us warm and cozy, very romantic. The bathrooms are beautiful and large, and thank god the toilet is separate with a door. They also provide you with guest robes. Very five star, luxury all the way.

The next day we each had a purify package in the exclusive spa and it was one of the best spa experiences I've ever had. The staff are exceptionally talented and professional, and we booked more treatments for the following day. All the staff here are wonderful - they made reservations for us for breakfast, lunch and dinner which took the entire guess work out for us!

Absolute bliss! You must experience Injidup Spa Retreat. It was the most relaxing & laid back holiday we’ve ever had, loved it!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
perth australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

This was my husband and my first trip away child free in 7 years. Needless to say I researched long and hard before selecting the perfect destination to relax and be pampered.

When we arrived we could tell from the not yet mature landscaping this place was new. We were not offered assistance with our luggage but the receptionist obliged when we asked as we were in the furthest villa (number 10 i think) . We were warned on arrival to beware of the snakes - they apparently have a bit of a snake problem in and around the resort. Great for phobics like me! Guess it is important to be warned. Welcome to Injidup!

We were pleased with the villa - very minalistic whites/creams. Lovely plunge pool. We were unfortunate to also be placed in the villa that overlooks the building site and as such we were subjected to disturbing noise from early morn till sundown as well as trucks/builders coming and going . I even had people from the building site poking there head thought the gap in the fence to have a look whilst I am sitting in the plunge pool. A brushwood fence also obstructed our ocean views. When the building work is complete the villa will be overlooking a roadway to the new property.

When I booked i asked about privacy as this was important to us and I expained this to the receptionist who said we would be very pleased with the privacy. I also enquired if there was internet connection as this is required for our business and the answer was 'Yes definitely'. When we arrived I asked how I hook into the internet and was told sorry the only place you can use the internet is in the office which has limited opening hours. When I explained that I had been told before booking there was definite internet connection in our room the receptionist/manager said noone should have told you that. Well err they did thus I booked this place! In the same breath the receptionist also said you can't get mobile phone coverage here either so how could we expect an internet connection. Ok so now please be warned people don't stay here if you need to have mobile coverage...it was suggested we drive to the top of the hill if we needed to use our mobiles. I must let you know the young receptionist was never rude and always pleasant but very inexperienced for a property that is trying to service the top end of the market.

We booked a 3 night stay which was stay 3 pay 2 nights. I was told of all the inclusions such as a welcome basket. When I asked the receptionist what that included she read from a list which include cheeses, pates, dips cold meat selection ect. I realised most of the items were missing when we arrived so I queried the receptionist (the same person I made the booking with) and was told because we were on a stay 3 pay 2 we did not qualify for that basket and just got the basics. I was now feeling like we had kind of been conned. I mean we still were paying $650 per night! So I told the receptionist that it was she who told me what to expect in our welcome basket just before I gave her my CC details and I believed an establishment of this standard should honour the promises they make to guests! She then said she will organise the rest of the basket to be delivered the following day.

We asked them to book some restaurants for us and had to follow them up on both occasions. No message in the room to confirm and in fact we ended up without a dinner reservation for Sunday night. We had asked them to book Cape Lodge for us on Friday afternoon for Sunday dinner. On Sunday when I followed up as I hadn't had a confirmation they explained that Cape Lodge don't take bookings on Sunday night and can only confirm a table after they have given their inhouse guests preference first. Ok this is fair enough but possibly information we would have appreciated on Friday so we could have a plan B! Again inexperience and lacklustre service. There is no room service at this property. We ended up ordering at short notice a platter put together by a local chef. Most of it was cold seafood and it was dreadful! Seafood did not taste fresh which meant it was inediable. We ended up having cheese on toast. On check out when asked how we enjoyed the platter I let her know it was dreadful and got a 'Oh well,never mind and thanks for your feedback' response as she added the platter to the bill. Which I paid and ran vowing never to return.

I used the day spa for a 2.5 hour treatment. I had a young traveller as my therapist who spent most of the time talking of her personal life....not that relaxing to be honest. Paying several hundred dollars for an inexperienced therapist was not worth it either. I know it is hard to find staff down that way so I did not complain or give any feedback about my treatment - nor was I asked for feedback.

I went to reception to fetch some fresh pool towels on day 3. The cleaning staff had taken the one we left in the bathroom and the one we had left was starting to smell. The receptionist informed me that the cleaner should not have taken the towel in the bathroom as they don't replace them during your stay. I found this peice of information incredible. She said they don't keep a supply of pool towels on hand but we might be lucky if she could locate a couple. OMG!

My advice DONT stay here if you require privacy, internet/telephone connection, concierge, room service, pampering or clean pool towels. The owner of this property should be made aware of the problems this place faces in a very competative market. It could be so good but it was an absolute dissapointment.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

We stayed at Injidup in January 2009 for our honeymoon, following three heavenly days at Cape Lodge down the road.

Cape Lodge (at the same price of about $850pn) included all meals so we had great expectations. At $850 per night room only you should have great expectations.

Injidup is in a beautiful and isolated location - heaven for relaxing and escaping. The view from each room is amazing as is the deck with plunge pool and BBQ overlooking the ocean - ideal for relaxing over a glass of wine watching the sun set each evening.

When we checked in we were advised of 'work going on' in front of our room but were assured it would not disturb us as they had an agreement with the builders.

Three out of seven mornings I awoke to trucks reversing - all prior to 7am. At a three star this might be okay but not on our honeymoon when in an isolated area for the price we were paying. They could have moved us to another villa more removed if they knew this work was going on. Every day there were work men and trucks parked in view of our villa - disturbing the view and also our privacy. I am not one for complaining so tried to tell myself it would get better each day. It didnt.

The rooms are beautiful and modern and no complaints at all there. The only improvements they could make are a better equipped kitchen - unless I want to microwave or BBQ I could not make pasta, stir frys etc - as a vegetarian my options were limited and I had to reheat pre-prepared meals. For a couple of days this is okay but a week it makes it hard.

We didnt use the spa as it was very expensive (double the price of previous place we stayed for an in room massage) and limited in options (no facials etc).

On our final day we did raise our concerns about the work trucks and disturbance. The normal girl (Alana) was away but the manager (Lisa?) was there and very responsive, sending champagne and also agreeing to compensation. This was welcome and we felt our concerns had been dealt with reasonably. As such I was not going to write a review on Trip Advisor, in fairness to the retreat and acknowledgement of their action.

However after that I was given the run around - the accountant had my account details (I was guessing from when we made our deposit) and would recredit funds in that night, then two weeks later when I followed them up they advised they never had my account details and would send a cheque. Then when this was followed up some weeks later they flustered around and eventually (over a month later) recredited funds into our account. In the ned we felt like we were being too painful for them and that they were doing us a favour. While the receptionist is lovely and pleasant I dont know that she is empowered to deal with complaints (having to refer) and also has skills to deal with issues if they are unpleasant.

So while there is potential and the rooms are beautiful and it is a true escape from daily grind, they have a long way to go. It is not a luxury hotel rather at this point a fancy serviced apartment with a spa attached. While the hotel compendium does say they can organise yoga, meals etc for you there is no detail etc - I dont want to chase this when paying $850 per night - I want options and costs given to me so I can just ring and book. A restaurant or room service/local restaurant delivery service would be wonderful. They have a lot to iron out before they are really slick. We had the comparison of Cape Lodge service which just showed how poles apart they are.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Injidup Spa Retreat? Share your experiences!