“a little out of the way” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Coxsackie
Hampton, New Hampshire
“a little out of the way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

we were attending the Good-Guys car show in Rhinebeck, it ended up being a bit of a drive. after spending each day walking around the show we would be starving, stopping @ paul's pizza & pasta which was very good! and a dunks right down the road!

the hotel was clean, quiet, the pool was awesome, the breakfast room was typical, although i think the staff could have been a little more pleasant, if in a pinch i would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Queens, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

My wife is hunnyshere. She told me she wrote a great review Yes she knows I'm writing this and yeah she slept through all the noise because she sleeps through anything, I can not. Every and I mean EVERY single morning people in this hotel get up at 6:30 slamming doors. I was talking to a guy that works there and he said it is because the local electric plant can't find enough workers so they bring them in from out of town and put them up in local hotels. We're talking 50 guys getting up every morning at 6 going to work. Get up slam the door, stomp down the hall get some breakfast, go back slam the door, get your stuff, slam the door, stomp down the hall to leave for work. An ENTIRE hotel for an entire week up and out by 6:30. You'd think the hotel would wise up and get spring locking doors! Do not stay at this hotel if you are smart. Value gets a zero because what good is a hotel if you don't get any sleep. They should have paid me to stay there. The rest was fine, the kids liked the pool but whatever, I'm tired and I'm sleeping at home in the city where it's nice and quiet. And that no for recommending this hotel is a BIG FAT NO!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Queens Village, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I was skeptical after reading all the reviews but the place was great and pretty typical as hotels of this price go. The staff is super friendly, everyone said good morning and hello with a smile. It was very quiet. The room was very clean, the refrigerator and microwave were both clean. We opted to get a kitchenette which is just a stovetop and was very clean and handy. The one thing they need to do is replace the plastic sleeves on the books in the rooms bc those are pretty dirty (I will actually write that as a suggestion when I leave) but after I wiped it off myself, the book itself was super handy especially the delivery food info. The room was $109 and that price is pretty standard so I don't know what all the overpriced talk was about. Pretty much we got exactly what we paid for. The kids liked the gameroom and the pool was fine. It is small compared to some places but it's not so small they didn't have a great time. It had 2 feet to 5 feet which is the norm. The room was heated but the pool was not, that would be the only downside of the pool. But kids get in and warm up. The hot tub worked fine. The breakfast room was a very standard size for these hotels, not at all small like someone else said. There were plenty of brochures to find stuff do within an hours drive. I don't know maybe they replaced the staff after some of these other reviews but I give this hotel two thumbs up. We had a great time on our vacation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Stayed here along with my mother for a couple nights last month while visiting family in the area. Both our rooms were very clean and comfortable, and we did not notice any issues with security, odors, etc. This was our second stay here in a year and both times our experience has been pleasant. Staff was friendly. My mother is elderly and can't do stairs, and our request for ground floor rooms has always been accommodated. Breakfast was rather simple but for a free, continental breakfast it was all I would expect. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed June 2010
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I would like to start out by saying this room was overpriced , especially in the town it was in. The room was a queen bed, non smoking. 90.00. Way too much for what you don't get. We walked into our room and immediately was hit by the stench of sewage. My husband looked out the window and noticed 3 septic tanks right outside. This room was at the far end of the hallway on the first floor. When we brought it to the attention of the 20 year old boys manning the desk, they did not agree with us and said we couldn't have another room. We turned on the a/c and thankfully 6 hours later the smell dissipated a bit. The bed was the worst I have ever slept on, hard as a rock. The shower ledge around the shower had dirt and hairs on it, like it hadn't been cleaned in months. The tub was also not that clean. The water had so much water softener in it, you felt like you took a shower in olive oil. At night, laying in bed, you can hear every shower , faucet and toilet within a 4 room radius. The floors and walls are made of paper. this hotel is out in the middle of nowhere, right off the nys thruway. 90.00 is too much for what you don't get. There are 2 other hotels in the area..try them, they couldn't be worse. Oh they do offer the "continental breakfast" for free. Your basic cereal, toast, juice, in a small room. The lobby was filled with smoke from the waffle iron. If I was paying 50.00 dollars a night, I would expect what I got, but now almost 100. don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

This hotel was pretty bad. I travel a lot and felt really uncomfortable staying there but I could not get a reservation anywhere else. Side doors were propped open and the smell in the hallway smelled like the carpet had not been cleaned in years. I slept above the covers on my coat (dry cleaned the coat when I got home naturally) and left as soon as possible in the morning.
The front desk clerk was screaming at someone who I assumed was a co worker when I checked in. Just a nightmare - unhelpful staff. This place needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Sleep in your car

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
MA,USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

I like this place, why there's a continental breakfast with a greeter who makes waffles for you, the other staff are friendly, the room is standard and fine, with a little fridge and microwave, but the best is the pool, sure it's small but in immaculate condition and the whirlpool hot tub is truly hot.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN New Baltimore Inn? Share your experiences!