“Fine for our needs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in West Coxsackie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fine for our needs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed one night last weekend while attending a wedding in the area. Room was clean and comfortable. Fridge was a nice feature. Sink was outside of bathroom. Breakfast adequate. No complaints. We'd stay again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
utica ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

we were very pleased with our room and the service we received. All rooms include refrig and microwave. indoor pool is great when traveling with children especially when weather is bad. complementary breakfast was excellent.
Easy to locate. Just off NYS thruway exit 21B.

Room Tip: first floor best if stairs are a problem. no elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Malone, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Being located right off the interstate I was worried about noise but we didn't hear any traffic. We stayed in room 112. It was clean and soaps were place out nicely. The pool was great as was the hot tub. Staff was friendly and didn't mind giving extra towels when requested. I booked on priceline for $84 and I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Burlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel snt very fancy but the staff were freindly and helpful. Our room was pretty large (two queen) again everything wasnt fancy but very fiunctional, the in room fridge was a very nice addition. This hotel fitted our needs and if we were in teh area I would stay here again without any problem at all. The location is just off the highway so easy to get to but we did not hear any highway traffic.
Book with confidence.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Scarborough, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having to set up a destination site for my daughter's wedding in less than one month was made easy by Norma at the Best Western in New Baltimore. I reserved the corporate suite for the bride and groom and three rooms for my party. After a few communication snafu's all was set. We arrived late Friday night, rushed to the church for rehersal, dined at a local restaurant for the rehersal meal, and all came back to the motel late, exhausted (I had just driven in from Maine) and ready to sleep. The smell in the bridal suite was odd, yet I figured it would dissipate. Rising first and checking in on the bride to be, the odor in the room overwhelmed me. She was feeling ill. A chamber maid, April, was next door and I asked her about the smell. Her exact words were, "Oh, it's still there. We've tried everything to get rid of it." She went on to say that the past occupants had a party and the smell would not go away. I went to the front desk and told Donald that this was not acceptable. He said he knew about the smell and would move us to another suite. I asked for a discount on the bad odor room or to be compted for it. He seemed nervous, but said he would relay the message to Norma. I checked in two more times to see how Norma had replied. Donald told me that he had not spoken with her yet. Sunday morning, before check out, I spoke with Donald again and he said Norma was in church and couldn't be disturbed. I let him know I would wait at the desk while he left her a phone message. It turns out she was home, but was upset for the phone call and stated she could not make a decision regarding pricing until she actually smelled the room herself. Paying the full price and feeling a bit disrespected, I returned to Maine. Norma did not phone me. I called on Tuesday and Norma was very clear that she did me a favor by giving me a package rate on the rooms and because the foul smelling room was slept in overnight there was nothing she could do. Customer Service skills were lacking. She over spoke me and it felt like being bullied. She firmly stated that this was our problem, not hers. The room was not in any condition to be rented to anyone. Because our schedule left us too exhausted to do anything until morning, we were penalized. I would recommend to anyone that they check their room first, and if there are any problems immediately report them. Caveat Emptor.

Room Tip: Check the room first and report any discrepancies right away! No elevator, two floors with stairs o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Harry N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN New Baltimore Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Holly
Thank you for your review. It is our desire to handle all of our guest's requirements in a satisfactory manner. I apologize if we failed you in anyway. In investigating your situation, I found you checked into the hotel at 4:44pm. I am sorry you did not give us the opportunity to respond to your concern regarding the "odd smell" at that time. Knowing room odors are subjective, we are more than happy to accommodate our guests when needed. It is unfortunate it was not until after your stay that you notified us.

Been to BEST WESTERN New Baltimore Inn? Share your experiences!