“Lovely dinner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Casina

La Casina
1842 Caves Road | Beetwen Dunsborough & Yallingup, Dunsborough, Western Australia WA 6281, Australia
+61 97568154
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Dunsborough
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: If you are looking for a place to eat in Dunsborough, look no further than La Casina. Located in a beautiful semi-rural setting halfway between Dunsborough and Yallingup, La Casina Restaurant offers diners picturesque, tranquil surroundings together with plenty of rustic charm. Alan & Nicola are the perfect hosts to offer you delicious Italian food matched with Italian or Australian wines at their Dunsborough - Yallingup Restaurant.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Great Italian home cuisine, sensational brushetta (the best we have had...), fine wine, good service, main course serving was minimal so I shared from my pregnant fiancee......OVERPRICED!! We would return but those small portions were so lovely but just not enough for a big sporty person.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Absolutely Fabulous Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The total experience is made up of an amazing cuisine, inviting atmosphere, impeccable service and personal attention from the owners. Having traveled from Sydney to Margaret River, I was pleasantly surprised to find a restaurant that made you feel welcome right from the start. La Casina is now a destination place I would gladly travel 4,000km just to sit down for a 5 star quality meal and service.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“New owners, to 'die for' food, unique location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This rustic setting a couple of kilometres from Dunsborough has had a change of ownership - for the better. The setting has always provided a unique experience but the previous owners had developed an 'attitude' which left a bad taste in your mouth - even though the food was passable. So much has changed! The menu is limited but the feeling you get is that everything is freshly cooked. The food is beautifully presented and although the servings are small, the food itself excited my taste in a way that will bring me back - often. What more can I say - other that the great service and warm hospitality capped off an unforgettable dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Pasta to die for....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

La Casina was recommended to us by friends and did not disappoint. Set amongst a bush back drop just off Caves Road, the atmosphere was relaxed, comfortable and intimate with a fireplace and dimmed lighting/candlelight to boot. The staff were friendly, genuine and passionate about the restaurant and food. Our waiter recommended us a wine which was delicious and do not even get me started on the food. The pasta as literally to die for - al dente and fresh!!! The seasoning was true Italian and not imitation. Full of flavour. My husband and I each had a pasta - the fettuccine with Parmesan cream and the ravioli lamb ragu. My pasta was only $19 as it was we attended on one of their wed/thurs $19 pasta nights. I commented to my husband that it was one of the better pastas I have experienced anywhere. If you have an entertainment book - bonus, you can receive 25% off your bill. Can't wait to be back again soon!

“Ticks all the boxes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Had dinner at La Casina Friday night with my husband and two daughters. I called first to see what they could manage gluten free for the kids and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Usually when we do Italian out, it means the kids have to have steak, no sauce - boring - but these guys offered to make just about everything gf and even had gf pasta!! I know it sounds odd to get excited about gf pasta, but it's not often available at restaurants so we were pretty stoked.

The place itself is lovely with a cosy seating area around a big fire where you can sit for a drink before your dinner, or you can lounge at after your very decent sized meal. The staff were really pleasant and accommodating and the wine was good.

My husband had the ravioli which he absolutely loved, the kids had good old gf spag bol just because they could, and I had the steak which was really good - well the bit that I got of it was, the kids pinched the rest and loved it. Dessert was amazing. The gf chocolate cake was fantastic and my lemon pudding was just yum. Come to think of it, most of my meal was stolen by the other greedy gutses at my table. Well, it was pretty good. Definitely worth going back to.

• 4 of 5 stars Food