“Certainly needs some updating” 3 of 5 stars

You added Kerriley Park Farmstay to your Saves list
Kerriley Park Farmstay
288 Yelverton North Road, Dunsborough, Western Australia 6280, Australia   |
Singapore
“Certainly needs some updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We booked a 4 night stay for our family of 5 adults and 2 kids in June. Unfortunately, we weren't quick enough to book the bungalow and had to stay in the 3 bedroom cottage. The animal feeding sessions every morning was nice and our kids really loved carrying the guinea pigs and baby rabbits. Peter and Rene were nice and friendly (until we told Peter we were leaving, that is -- more about this later). However, accommodations left much to be desired. There was one air-conditioner for the whole house. We had to sleep with the bedroom doors opened to try to let some warmth into the room. The BBQ was old. On the first night, the fire actually burned through the gas knob and melted it! We had to stop cooking halfway for fear of an explosion. When we reported it to the management the next morning, they replaced it with a new one by evening. All the furniture in the house were old and dated. And the 3rd bedroom was really 3 single beds stuffed into an entryway. It's the first thing you see when you open the front door to the house. Perhaps coming from a city, we were not so used to limited hot water supply, so to our great surprise, the hot water was completely used up after 1 or 2 persons had their shower. With all these problems, we decided not to end our vacation in Margaret River this way, and informed Peter on the 3rd day that we were leaving the farm. We had only stayed 2 of the 4 nights. Peter did not ask us how we felt or made any attempt to ask for feedback. His immediate response was that he would have to charge us in full and that no refunds or discounts whatsoever was possible. I was rather disappointed with his attitude. It was on this sour note that we left.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Petervr, General Manager at Kerriley Park Farmstay, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. First point: about the BBQ it was only a few months old, due to overheating BBQ knobs got melted (lid was closed on Hi Flames for long time). Second Point. Getting cold, each room has got a extra heater unit in it , as we all know it gets cold in the Margret river region. When you told me about you are going to leave that day I had asked if we can help with anything the older people had made up their minds to go. You have asked me about getting some of the money back, and yes I did say there was no refund. Any Hotel Motel policy will not give your money back if you early depart and booked the acc. Apologies for any convenience Farmer Peet and Rene.

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

8 of us stayed for 3 nights but could have stayed longer. Lucked out and go the newer bungalow which had everything we needed as well as being very conveniently located next to the large open fire which the kids used for toasting marshmallows. The hosts were very welcoming and really involved the kids in the animal feeding.
The farm was only 10 minutes drive to the Bootleg Brewery, Yallingup Maze, Swings and Roundabouts, the Sheep Shearing Shed (highly recommended!) and the Duckstein Brewery.
All up we had a great time and will most definately be back. Thanks Pete and Renee!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

a farmstay that truly is a place to holiday together as a family in a peaceful, green, stress-free environment. We came with our 2 young children and couldn't have asked for a better time and facilities. Cots, feeding chairs and a baby bath was provided in a clean and well equipped cottage. The kids loved the personal interaction with the farm animals, the freedom to roam around. In the evenings we sat on our deck outside, surrounded by native bush and sounds, fresh air, a glass of local wine and of course a barbecue dinner. Next time we come, we will make sure it's for longer!

Room Tip: Each cottage is secluded within the native bush, so they are all great.
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Geraldton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Me and my family of 5 stayed at Kerriley Park Farmstay during mid June in the Rosella cottage. We couldn't find anything faulty. The cottage was clean, comfortable, everything in working condition, even the stove! And all furniture was in a good condition. Farmer Pete and Rene was the best hosts and even got the kids to kiss a goat, cuddle up with the emus! Wow, what an experience for my kids! They even put their hands in a cows mouth! Where else do you get that? They kept the kids so involved during the animal feeding and my kids can't wait for our next trip down there. As a mother, I can't think that somebody can write such awful reviews about this wonderful place. Are you sure we are talking about the same place? We can absolutely recommend this farmstay to all families wanting this experience. Peter and Rene, we'll see you soon back at Kerriley Park Farmstay. PS: can we please have Rosella cottage again? Thanx

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Have just returned from a wonderful stay at Kerriley Park Farmstay. Very relaxing setting and great fun for the children. Farmer Peter made the animal feeding exciting for our children and was more than helpful giving advice on the local fishing spots to keep my husband entertained. He even managed to catch a few which we cooked up on the bbq facilities provided.
The cottage had everything we required. We were warm enough with the reverse cycle aircon and everything was very clean. The cottages are charming and made us feel as though we were really living the farm life! Very cosy.
It is a great place to stay if you have children. There was an adventure playground and lovely walks to take around the farm through the bush. The drive into surrounding towns is not too far so it was easy to take in some extra attractions further affield.
Our stay was everything we expected and more and we found the staff very generous with their care and time. We would definitely return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

We as family has stayed at the kerriley farmstay on different occasions, and had during that time , the time of our lives . The people has been so kind and helpfull during our visit and we couldn't been more welcome. They have made such an effort with the children and introducing them to the animals.
The house /flats that we stayed in, was immaculate clean, tidy, fresh and well looked after. The managers of the place helped us with everything we needed and also guidelines of where the most popular attractions in the area was.

I would recommend this farmstay to any family and also to any other couple , for a get away or just a weekend of relaxation.
We enjoyed it so much and would do it time and time and time again.

Thanks for the great experience.

Sandra from carramar, perth western australia

singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

is a disappointment
the cottage is old and furisture are torn and not well maintain
water heater not hot , we have to wait for at least 25 mins to have our shower, after one of our family member took a shower, otherwise, it will be a freezing shower ... think they have to do something to their water tank or whatever..
gas stove not hot, cant even cook an egg. we have to use the BBQ pit outside the cottage to do all our cooking....
no recipts given after we made full payment for the cottage, the farmer said he will send to us the recipet,, my god, I am from singapore, and he is prepared to incurr the postage and courier charge just to send a reciept??

recently he charged AUD 100 to my credit card number which I have gave him for my initial deposit charge. There is no email to inform me in advance on what is this charge about, and afterwhich I emailed him to ask the reason for this charge, he did not reply tillnow, already 2 weeks. This is very not profession way of doing things. At least , he should inform me in advance of the charge, and the reason of the charge, however, there is no such from him.

Mr farmer from kerriley farm, you deserve no respect from me.

Face the music, reply my email, no point hiding

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Petervr, Manager at Kerriley Park Farmstay, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
It is a shame to see that somebody can right so many untruths. But that’s how live some people do the right thing and some people don’t. Yes we now the cottages are a little bit outdated they are only 25 years old that how old Kerriley park is to date and it is a farmstay.
1; The hot water system is small because we are being ECO FRIENDLY like we explained just give 5 minutes between each shower and there will be enough water for everybody (Same size hot water systems been used for the past 25 years and upgraded every 5 years) The cottages has got all showers in the no baths like mentioned.
2; The stove still can’t find anything wrong even the guest after you found nothing wrong with the stove. You did tell me the stove is not working and I boiled water in each of the stove plates and I showed you, you should have told me you didn’t know how a stove works.
3; It is the first time I hear about house flies, there are normally flies in Australia but winter time is not a big fly time but there are few around all the doors and windows has got fly screen on, even the front door has got a fly screen but if you leave the front door open you have to close the fly screen to prevent the flies to get in the rest of the unit is sealed. The only point about the flies can be the food that was messed all over the floor that we had to scrub to get it off.
4; There was a lot off fire wood we found it under the beds the coaches carpet burned and my coaches we burnt and the kids used some of the wood to play with it was all over the grass.
5; Hay rides: for the past 8 years Kerriley Park didn’t do any hay rides, we do not advertise it nor will we tell anybody about hay rides dew to insurance.
To get to the $100 extra charge and your receipts:
Extra Charge was for the mess you left the place in. Food all over the floor, coaches burnt, wood over the floor under the beds, pot and pans, Plates and, and, and has not been washed and all over the place. In my 15 years in Accommodation this is the worst I have ever seen, took us extra 2 hours to clean the unit guest had to wait to get in to their unit. Email was send to you with your receipt on the 11 June telling you about the extra charge.(we do supply bins and bags)
I do not know in witch year you are living in, a person does not have to send a receipt by mail any more there is something they call e-mail and that is also the way I notified you about the extra charge.
I feel sorry for the people that are going to missing out on a Kerriley Park Farmstay experience dew to your false review that you have wrought. I also feel very sorry for you and your family me and my family are praying for you.

Been to Kerriley Park Farmstay? Share your experiences!