“Location is awesome with an amazing beach minutes walk away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bayshore Beachside Resort

You added Bayshore Beachside Resort to your Saves list
Bayshore Beachside Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   330 Geographe Bay Road, Dunsborough, Western Australia 6281, Australia   |
Special Rate
AUD200 (AUD)
Guisborough, United Kingdom
“Location is awesome with an amazing beach minutes walk away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We would stay here again if we come to Dunsborough in the future :) it was comfortable and clean with lovely BBQ facilities, close to Dunsborough town and beautiful quiet beach close by.

There were 4 adults who stayed the weekend here in a 2 bedroom apartment. There was plenty of room and the living space was great.

• Stayed February 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Glenside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

The personal service from the owners was welcoming, the beach idyllic. Bbq facility by the river was an unexpected bonus and the walk into town, while further than I thought, was very pleasant. Duns borough is beautiful and close to all the wineries and beach , caves etc . Loved it here

• Stayed April 2014
Perth, Western Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We have just returned from a 3-night stay at the Bayshore Beachside Resort and we were very impressed by all the 'resort' had to offer. The term 'resort' is a little misleading as it would suggest that the place has a swimming pool (it doesn't) but it does have a newly surfaced tennis court, playground and and good games-room. To be honest, we didn't expect too much from the place as we booked our stay using a Cudo or Groupon voucher; it was very inexpensive (even with paying a small surcharge for an upgrade to a 3-bedroom villa so that our family of five could be accommodated) so we figured that it would be a 2.5 -star place at best.

WOW were we wrong! The 3-bedroom villa was spacious, impeccably clean, modern and well-equipped, even having free Wi-Fi. There is a lovely grassed area out the back to sit and relax. The Toby Inlet runs behind the grounds and is a very pretty spot as well to sit and watch the bird life. The beach is across the road, just follow the sandy track through the peppermint trees.

The only complaint was the odd lack of crockery in the unit. Glasswear, cutlery and pots/pans - all OK, but having just 2 plates (1 x small plastic one and 1 x large serving platter sized one) and a few mismatched bowls doesn't really cut it for a villa accommodating up to 8 people! Perhaps this was just an oversight in our particular unit (Number 19).

Note that the 'resort' is not actually in the Dunsborough townsite - it is a few kilometres east along the beach front, in Quindilup. It'd be a fair walk into town, but just a quick drive or a nice bike ride away.

But all in all, this place comes highly recommended from us. It surpassed our expectations and we would stay at the Bayshore again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My family and I stayed one night at the 8 bed villa and although the place was lovely, the service was terrible. Due to personal circumstances my family and I arrived to the villa at 5pm which was 4 hours later than our arranged check-in time. I apologised profusely for our lateness but I was greeted with a disgruntled Bruce and the comment, "I thought you were going to come in at 1 but look at that, it's 5pm." I accepted the remark and moved on. When I booked the villa I was under the knowledge that there would only be 8 adults. However, due to an unexpected event, we had to add 2 children to our party, aged 3 and 6. I explained our situation to Bruce and apologised for this sudden changes and offered to pay more for his troubles. I was met with the remark: "YOU PEOPLE always do this, you always try to squeeze more people in."

As an Asian-Australian family, I was very confused and upset about this statement. From my point of view, his statement was quite rude and discriminatory. I understand that he was upset and my family and I were in the wrong, but for someone running a business in the service and hospitality industry, shouldn't he be more courteous towards his guests? I'm grateful that he let us keep our booking but I really believe that no matter how upset he was with us, he should've treated us with more respect. When I wrote him an email about this issue I was met with the reply: "Sorry for being rude apologize" which was as insincere as it seems. Overall, great place, terrible service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Arrived on a Deals voucher, reception very friendly and offered a room upgrade. great start.
Easy parking directly outside villa. Accommodation quality to a high standard and very clean and well equipped. Nice grounds with BBQ and parkland. 2 minute walk to the beach.
2 free bottles of wine topped of the arrival. Recommend to all.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had a 8 bed villa this has great decor, spacious, very clean and lovely comfortable beds.
Everything you would need in the kitchen. Great lounge area and large outside private courtard to relax in the sun.
Just a short walk across the road and you are looking at one of the most beautiful bays you could ever wish to see.

La Spezia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Had a voucher and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of our apartment. Nothing was to much trouble for the staff to assist you.
We were happy with the location as we just wanted to chill out.
We take our own wifi with us as i have experienced lack of coverage before in complexes.
We will definitely stay there again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bayshore Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!