“Terrible Coffee and Terrible Attitude” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Vegetarian, Healthy, Vegan
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Terrible Coffee and Terrible Attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I recently visited Sumudra as I had heard such good things about this restaurant from a few friends that I was excited to try it out. I am a vegan so a whole menu that serves vegan food that they use from home grown ingredients was very exiting to me.

The cafe is beautiful and the food was only OK, wholesome but nothing that special. Our table was very wobbly, which the waitress did nothing to fix.

What really concerned me and drove me to write my first review on Tripadvisor was the attitude of the staff and the disgusting excuse for a cup of coffee.

Our waitress was apathetic and miserable, which really effected our experience and the atmosphere. But that is nothing compared to the manager!

My friend complained about the coffee that was so bitter it was undrinkable, also we were charged $1.50 more for each juice that was priced on the menu.

The "manager" simply denied our complaint with a response of - "we haven't had a complaint about the coffee in over 4 months because it's organic" - So what if it is organic? It can still get burnt and become unpalatable.

The worst thing about this entire experience is that the whole time we were trying to polity let him know that we were not happy with our coffee, he wouldn't even look us in the eyes whilst we was talking to us.

And he didn't even give us our money back for the coffee or the extra we paid for the juice.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Yallingup, Western Australia, Australia
“A little bit intimidating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

For a non-vegan meat eater the menu is a little too intimidating. My friend ordered for me and the food was delicious and wholesome, but I wouldn't have ordered it myself from the menu description.

Visited December 2012
“Vegetarian heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I'll make it clear from the start that I am indeed vegetarian so to find a menu with such a diverse selection of breakfast, main meals or light snacks is heaven to me. Not at all your run-of-the-mill options but inventive & delicious. Being summer, to be outdoors is lovely but with the recent hot weather it was rather uncomfortable as it's open-air with no cooling other than a slight breeze if you're lucky.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jurong, Singapore
“Not worth the money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Went there for breakfast. Everything taste terrible, including the coffee. Maybe I am not a vegan so not use to the taste.
But the deco of the place is quite interesting though. There is also a yoga school next to it selling some yoga stuff besides conducting classes.

Visited December 2012
Perth, Australia
“I felt like I was in a secluded tree house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The most gorgeous setting for my lunch. I arrived just as breakfast service had ended and before lunch had started but the staff made sure I knew this and gave me a free sample of their green smoothie while I checked out the menu. I am not a vegetarian by any stretch of the imagination but this did not stop me from loving this food. It is fresh, tasty and filling. It was so relaxing sitting among the trees and gardens that I ordered a banana smoothie after my lunch just so I could hang out there a little longer. This place works because it is based on a philosophy that is obviously embraced by those who work there and want to invite people to try something they may not normally indulge in. This was more than a lunch, this was an opportunity to stop, recharge and enjoy nature.

• Visited October 2012