“Fun place for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Perth, Australia
“Fun place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Four of us called in for Saturday lunch. The outside tables were all taken, so we sat in the rather cavernous room inside. I tried the Tasting Paddle, which was good value and contained 200ml of all the beers brewed on site. I was impressed; this is what beer should taste like. Our food soon arrived, fish of the day for the ladies and beef fillet hamburgers for the lads. We very all happy with our selections. Portions were generous, included chips and salad, and the food was fresh and tasty. Service was friendly and efficient. Prices were reasonable.
On leaving, we were hoping to buy some bottles to take back with us. Unfortunately, Boston's beers are not available in bottles, only in large so called Growlers, where you pay $25 for the glass alone. We declined. I would visit again if I was in the neighbourhood at around lunch time.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
“Perfect for a lovely lunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Jaz was so polite and welcoming. The place is lovely and the food was delightful. The fish of the day was lovely and served to us within a good time frame.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Great day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I are not big wine drinkers so we were happy to find the brewery. We had the tasting paddle good value and then purchased one of our favourites each also go a very tasty pizza and salad. Friendly staff great atmosphere pretty outlook over vineyard good facilities for families everyone looked very happy and relaxed.

Visited February 2013
Perth
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The service here was great, really friendly and attentive staff but the food was mediocre. We ordered the steak medium and the duck. The steak as over cooked and the duck was very so so. I have a feeling the wood fired pizza is their signature dish which we should have opted for. Although my boyfriend was stoked with the beer jug!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“spent too much $ on fancy brewery, mandatory short pour policy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Walked in quiet impressed by the look, was planning to have lunch with my wife and 4 year old son. Saw they had these awesome super large re-usable beer bottles for sale. I was quite enthusiastic about the whole experience until I ordered my first beer. " We don't do free tasting " was the first comment I recall, then my beer was poured, looked great but the pour stopped over an inch from the top of the glass. I asked the waitress if she could knock the head off a little but she ignored me. I aasked again and she said she can't, that her manager was just over there and she would get in trouble for over filling the beer??? I approached the manager with the beer in hand which honestly looked short from the top and not as one would expect. The manager statred that is the level they pour their beers. I looked at this miserablle looking beer and held it up to the manager and asked her, is this how you serve your beers here and she replied - "yes"!!!! wow. I skulled the poor excuse for an ale and left, neveer to return--------- inflexible in regards to a mouthful of beer in a solid tradeoff in customer satisfaction!!!! Terrible, disastserous, could only imagine how bad the food would be if this is how they serve the beers.

• Visited February 2013