“Great atmosphere and amazing food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 25 restaurants in Denmark
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great atmosphere and amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family love the amazing warm and relaxing atmosphere! The staff are great. The food is amazing so very tasty, and good quality (free range!) the wait is expected when u want freshly cooked food! I waited 20/30mins for a korma and beef vindaloo I was happy I knew it was cooked to order and the meat was fresh :) overall we were very satisfied. (many other places in Denmark they mostly microwave their food!)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

51% Recommend
“Friendly family environment that satisfies the taste buds!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I recently took my family to the Denmark river bistro for lunch. The owner herself sat us with a friendly smile. The food was delicious, home style. My husband had the chicken korma curry and it rivelled an Indian restaurant's! The kids spent most of the time out the back playing with all the toys available and we sat by the fire and enjoyed our coffees and meals. Friendliest and most reasonably priced restaurant in Denmark. They offered us a discount if we returned for dinner the next day but we didn't make it there. Will definitely go back and give their dinner service an evaluation!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denmark, Australia
“Nice setting, friendly staff, good meals...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Like many other people - both locals and visitors to Denmark - I really like the River Bistro. The place has a friendly feeling thanks to the happy and helpful staff. Their tasty meals are carefully prepared - either from the menu or as customers order - and are served as quickly as possible. In short, every effort is made so dining at this restaurant - or just dropping in for coffee - is very enjoyable and also good value. Well done River Bistro!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great $14 Big Breakfast, just had to wait a bit. Friendly welcoming Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We read other TA reviews about the wait but decided that we really wanted a cheap big breakfast. It was big, it was $14 and there wasn't anyone around so we thought it would be quick. Well, it was a 45min wait however the waitress/cook/coffee lady was very nice and welcoming. She got us our drinks & the paper. Shame she didn't keep us informed on the wait or apologize for the time taken. We had a peek in the kitchen and it was clean (a review said they weren't).
If you don't mind waiting/relaxing its a good place for breakfast :)

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hobart, Australia
“Disgusting food and setting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We popped in here on a whim while in Denmark for a long weekend. We had lunch - I could tell it was just a little eatery, so I ordered fish and chips thinking it was a nice safe option that would be difficult to get wrong. My partner ordered a chicken kebab.

It was about an hour between our orders being taken and the food being served. In the meantime we glimpsed into the kitchen - it looked very dirty and disorganised, so I was concerned about my food being prepared in there. We hadn't noticed any flies that weekend, except for many within this restaurant, which also made me wonder about the cleanliness of the place. The waiting staff were ok, but seemed largely inexperienced, we watched one of the young girls making a coffee for another customer with very little consideration for hygiene. Finally, when our meals came out my partner's looked ok, but mine was fish and chips with no salad! There was very little fish, and a lot of batter. The chips with both meals were cooked hours prior to the meal. I should have taken a photo of our meals, as they looked nothing like the photos on Tripadvisor for other meals there.

Overall the food was terrible and the setting was disgusting and unclean. If you need a meal in Denmark I suggest visiting one of the wineries or breweries in the regions that offer lunch and making sure you book in advance.

• Visited April 2013