“Large park, clean and actually has GREEN lawn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Beach Caravan Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Denmark
Ocean Beach Caravan Park
You added Ocean Beach Caravan Park to your Saves list
770 Ocean Beach Road, Denmark, Western Australia 6333, Australia   |
perth
“Large park, clean and actually has GREEN lawn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed from 26/12/12 to 6/1/13.
Ocean Beach is a great park, majority of the park is sealed roads and the camping sites are more lawn than sand and are shady which is a rarity we have found. The toilets are new and are very clean. Large campers kitchen, laundry has 4 washing machines & dryers ($4 a go and only take $1 coins). There is a shop on site that sells ice but also has the basic bread milk etc as well. Tennis Courts, bouncing pillow, play ground, volleyball courts all they really need to finish off the place is a pool. The added bonus was that there was a church group and they ran outdoor movies, slip and slides, face painting, story telling, and the highlight was the bush dance on New Years Eve, the kids (3,4 &6) had a fabulous time including the husband and we are not part of any religion.
The only negative comment I can make is that twice during our stay when we went to the office at 4.50pm to purchase ice the staff had locked the doors and were closed, when the closing time is actually 5pm. One lady pointed out through the glass to the staff member that it was not 5pm and eventually she opened the doors. Considering this is park accomodates so many people and they are in peak season it was little irritating however whenever the owners were on duty it was open till 5pm.
But overall the owners take pride in this park and you can tell and we will come back again.

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for sites closest to the bouncing pillow.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
campingmanPerth, Manager at Ocean Beach Caravan Park, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Cherrybom,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Denmark Ocean Beach Holiday Park.
I will certainly pass on your compliments regarding the grass! My husband, Michael, has what mildly may be described as a obsession with the growing and maintainence of the lawn. I am sure I will be announcing their impending nuptials at some later date!!
The Scripture Union do a wonderful job with their Kids Club and various other family activities just after Christmas through New Year.You are quite correct in stating that even those without any religious leanings certainly do enjoy the fun and games they provide. I'm excited to report that we have already secured their attendance for summer 2013/14.
I have not had a day off over this busy period and I attempt to close the office at 5pm - but not until the last guest has vacated the premises. I think where the confusion has arisen is that once the door is closed and I am balancing the till we do not open the doors for security reasons. I apologise if that appears as if we are ignoring guests but I'm sure you'll understand that it's absolutely neccessary.This is completed as quickly as possible so that we may attend to the business of looking after the park after hours. Perhaps it was a simply a case of our watches not being syncronised but be assured we are open at least until 5pm and most of the time considerably later. After hours check-ins can be arranged via the night phone.
Thank you once again for your feedback and patronage and we look forward to seeing your family at the end of the year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We arrived just after Xmas and left early Jan, apparently this is not normally a good time to go as it usually rains most days. Late Jan-Feb is the best time for weather. in saying that we had great weather, it only rained the day we left. Mid 20-30s.

Being a Big4 It was clean and well maintained with great facilities. A little out if town (7km) but close to the beach (1km).

The tennis, volley ball and mini golf were free. They have a lge bouncy pillow for the kids too.

Free shuttle service to the Boston Brewery. food and service there was great. The local surf lifesaving club has a sundowner every Sunday 4.30-7.30pm (1km ride).

Local beach was lovely. Shallow and calm enough for little kiddies.

Lights Beach was close by (7km) and worth a visit.

Local Christian group put events on every day for 2wks (i'm not church). Not sure if that's an annual thing, it may have been right time, right place. Outdoor movies, slippery slide, dinner dance, pancake breakfast, volleyball.

Great camp kitchen in the main area and a few smaller satellite ones out back. Hot water, 2 large fridge/freezers, 2 x microwaves, 3 sinks, 4 large bbq's.

Front half has sealed roads. Back half dirt roads.

All in all a great time. We had 6 families. kids ranged from 4-13y.

Staff were helpful and friendly. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012
campingmanPerth, Manager at Ocean Beach Caravan Park, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Hi Slim-AU,
Thank you for your very well thought out review on Denmark Ocean Beach Holiday Park. Thank you also for the kind words regarding the amenties and staff.The team are a happy bunch and we all enjoy a busy park and welcome the opportunity for a chat.
The Scripture Union have visited us with their wonderful activities every Christmas for over ten years. They will be back on the twenty-seventh of December and have all the events you mentioned and more on offer for no cost.
Thank you once again and I hope you still have some holiday time left to enjoy the perfect weather.Looking forward to seeing your group again in the near future. Mandy
Bunbury, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Hi,
Once again we have booked into Ocean Beach Caravan Park, and this has to be one of the best parks we have stayed in.
Staff are always friendly and accommodating when making a booking, as I am a FIFO worker so generally have very short time to organise a booking.
We have been visiting Denmark for over the last 14 years and been staying at Ocean Beach for over half that time.
The transformation of the Park over recent years has been phenomenal and facilities and ambiance are 1st class.
It was sad to see the old office disappear which had been there for many years, but the new office has now completed the transformation of Ocean Beach.
There are sites for everyone, from sites amongst peppy trees for campers to sites with all lawn or a concrete slab.
The ablution facilities are the best we have seen and the best is that when cleaning is done one half of the ablutions are open while the other half is closed for 24 hrs for cleaning and there is more than enough for the numbers at the park.
Lastly, our children have left home, but there is a fantastic playground for the kids and tennis courts.

Room Tip: Book amongst peppy trees for tenters/ campers; Sleepy Hollow sites 1 to 17 are good for a little bit...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
briagalong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Hi, my husband and I are travelling around Australia and with nearly 18,000klm travelled this has to be the nicest caravan park we have stayed in. It is a lovely location with plenty of activities and attractions around to keep most people occupied. The park itself is very clean and tidy, the sights are big and grassy and the staff are so friendly. I would highly recommend it.
Thankyou from Alan and Michelle Cadman.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
albany wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

we had a lovely stay with our son and wife and 4 children it was such a beautiful park every think is so clean the amenities are just so good kids loved mini golf tennis jumping pillow and all free to the shower blocks are just so spotless we will be back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bunbury, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I booked a Superior Chalet for Myself, my Mum, Nan & Daughter for 1 night. We arrived late (roughly 4 pm) and on the way decided we should stay 2 nights! When I checked in I Was Greeted by a Lovely Blonde Lady, who I now know was the Manager! I asked for the extra night and our Chalet wasnt available, but she moved everybody around and made it available for us! Fantastic Service! I was So Happy! When first arriving at our Chalet I opened the door and it was Amazing! Everything Brand New, Sparkly Clean and Smelling Beautiful! It also had a big flatscreen tv! It was So Relaxing and My Daughter Absolutely loved the Park and the Big Jumping Pillow! We also got to see Kangaroo's at our Doorstep! We wanted to Move in! I deftinately could have stayed longer if we hadnt had to go home! Absolutely Wonderful Service! Friendly and Helpfull! Great Location and Well Maintained Beautiful Caravan Park! Stunning Location! I cant wait to bring my Husband next time and Daughter again! Were already planning when we can come back! Excellent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
managementOceanBeach, Manager at Ocean Beach Caravan Park, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear NP Bunbury, Thank you sincerely for taking the time to post such a lovely review on the park. The very nicest thing about having you ladies visit was that we were able to offer you accommodation that met your expections after a less than perfect experience elsewhere. Holidays are an important slice out of ordinary life. A chance to unwind and reconnect as a family. I am so glad we were able to deliver that experience. We look forward to seeing you again- the entire family- including your husband in the very near future. Warmest Regards, Mandy and Michael.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We loved our overnight stay here. The cabins were great...clean & modern with fab beds & shower! Kitchen was well equipped having everything we needed. The gas fireplace was lovely. We had dinner on the front deck with some feathered friends. Kids loved the playground & jumping pillow. We're hoping to return for a longer stay next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Ocean Beach Caravan Park, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Emerging Lotus,
Thank you for your kind review. We loved having you all as guests and I'm so glad you enjoyed our chalet. The sea view is quite a sight at this time of year and eating out on the deck with a fine glass of something local is just the perfect end to a day in paradise.
We hope you are enjoying the remainder of your trip and that we get to see you again in the near future.
Warmest Regards, Mandy and Michael

Been to Ocean Beach Caravan Park? Share your experiences!