“Great stay for an affordable price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gum Grove Chalets

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Denmark
Gum Grove Chalets
You added Gum Grove Chalets to your Saves list
Ocean Beach Road, Denmark, Western Australia 6333, Australia   |
Ranked #17 of 27 Specialty Lodging in Denmark
Perth, Australia
“Great stay for an affordable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I was concerned of the reviews online, which is why I am writing to share my positive experience.

The communication to locating a room without a manned office was no problem as it was clearly communicated with directions and we had no problem at all. We had one minor issue and contacted the care taker who advised us accordingly which did not affect our stay what ever.

The chalets were self contained and despite what you read were CLEAN and fully furnished as required. Obviously the chalets are located in the bush so the usual insects were no surprise.

Location just outside of town but close by to the inlet which made a nice walk.

Overall my friends and I had a really great time and are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We recently passed through Denmark on a family holiday and stayed here. The facilities are clean and the setting was really nice. We will definately be back again.

Room Tip: The chalets down the bottom of the property seemed to have wet rooms, so if you bring surf boards or...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

my family is not fussy we r used to tenting and shared ammenities this trip was suppose to be comfortable and pleasant 1st prob was nobody of authority was available when we arrived at 1pm the office was locked after entering the marri i was horrified there were urine stains on one of the beds and a faulty and dangerous gas heater it was dirty and a dangerous and no real space to prepair food and no oven and pretty horrible bathroom i rang the owner to complain i recieved new sheets and new heaterr and a discount on my stay the whole two nights we were there nobody was there i had to leave my payment in a safe deposit box as nobody was there to take my cash i have visited the south west 18 times in 15 yrs and i have never in my time experienced total lack of management authority and uncomfortable and dirty accommodation

• Stayed August 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in a 3 bedroom cabin at Gum Grove Chalets. These chalets are not 5 star and nor do they pretend to be. What they are however is warm, dry and comfortable. They are set in a rustic bush setting with a comunial BBQ area and a laundry available. There are grassed areas to kick around a football when the sun is out. Gum Grove was a well priced, comfortable and relaxing place to stay as a family in Denmark. With 8 of us to accomodate it isn't always easy to find somewhere that we will all fit in comfort.
Our beds were clean and comfortable and the cabin was clean and tidy.
The kitchen was well stocked with dishes and cooking impliments with a full sized fridge.
I would like to thank the caretaker who came out in the driving rain to help us locate our cabin when he saw that we were having trouble.
We will certainly be visiting Denmark again in the future and I have no doubt that Gum Grove Chalets will be the first place we call to find a reservation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Myself and the Misses stayed at Gumgrove last weekend and I found it to be exactly how it was described on their site. As a student I have very little cash to splurge and needed budget accommodation in Denmark (of which there are few). The best thing about this place is its location; We were pretty close to the beach and to town. The rooms aren't la chateau but are cosy, clean and as expected for the price.

I would recommend it to people looking for an economical weekend away with the family or something.

Room Tip: Ask them, they will help you out.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

I recently went visited Denmark with my Girlfriend. We had the most amazing time exploring the region and Gum Grove Chalets offered us the perfect base to do this.

First let me start by saying I personally have no idea whatsoever about some of the negative reviews I have been reading about the place. You may be up for a rude awakening if you are expecting the Bellagio Las Vegas. People need to appreciate that A. You are in the South West B.The Property is set in the middle of the bush C. insects, leaves, and dust are to be expected. A small price to pay for the beautiful gum trees gravel tracks, and native bushland that adron the property.

The setting truly is great. The Chalets look definately historical, however the owner has been doing some renovations such as paving, painting, and our chalet had what seemed like a fairly new kitchen.

As far as cleanliness goes the chalets were fine. All the linen was crisp, the matress and pillows nice and comfy!! Bench tops and floors nice and clean.

They have a simple honesty system the owner employs( may be a little outdated but leaves you feeling good). On arrival we found our names on a white board on the office. This welcomed us and told us what chalet to use. When we arrived at our chalet the key was in the door, the double bed was made and towels and soap neatly folded on top.

The chalets are clearly a remenet from the 50s. They were all unique and a little small, but definately cosy. However it had a new kitchen and dvd player, and a new tv!! so we felt right at home.

The location is great just minutes from ocean beach and the main town centre. so it proved a great base. We really had a wonderful stay and will definately be back.

I do my research before traveling and I was shocked to find some reviews about this chalet so far from my own experience. I suppose different people have different epectations.. as far as price goes I think they will be hard to beat in Denmark, Location is terrific. Cleanliness is absolutly fine! a little dust but that because you are in the bush!

I would definately recomend this to anyone looking for bargain accomodation with a comfortable sleep, great setting and great location!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

We arrived to find the chalet filthy - dead cock roaches and flies all over the floor. Only one bed made up despite having booked for 5 people 8 months earlier and the mattresses on the unmade beds so filthy our children announced they would not stay there. These may be old / historic chalets but there is no excuse for the filth, The caretaker was indifferent. We left without staying a night and found similarly priced but MUCH higher quality accommodation at Denmark Rivermouth caravan park

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Gum Grove Chalets? Share your experiences!