“Don't stay anywhere else!” 5 of 5 stars

Junction Motel Maryborough
2 - 4 High Street, Maryborough, Victoria 3465, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maryborough
Australia
“Don't stay anywhere else!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

My husband, two children and myself stayed in a two bedroom deluxe room at Junction Motel Maryborough last weekend. We could not fault the service and stay from the minute we booked over the phone with Janet to the day we checked out. The motel has had a complete room refurbishment and looks fantastic.I think the refurbishment would be on par with any four star hotel in the city of Melbourne. Our two bedroom deluxe room was spotless and had quality white bed linen and towels, so you could see it was clean. The rooms have flat screen tv's in both bedrooms with Austar channels and the second bedroom has two king single beds. It also has a four seater dining table and a couple of lounge chairs. The bathroom is large and spotless again all white.They even have real hairdryers not those horrible ones on the wall that spit out cold air!
Janet and Ross were extremely helpful with any questions and we were made to feel very welcome. I would highly recommend Junction Motel Marybrough and if I was to return to Maryborough in the futre, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

I have to say that janet made our stay so pleasant we are recommending this motel to all Reps that we wrok with. The rooms are so clean and fresh and inviting. They look after Reps and you even get a complimentary drink on arrival. Janet was a fantastic host and we will definately being staying here again. they even had agreat room service menu so you dont even have to leave the motel. All in all FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

If you are after a Faulty Towers experience, then please book this hotel. We have stayed in Maryborough for many family events over the years. I believe that this property changed hands a few years ago and is now going down hill quickly. The receptionists are rude, short and disinterested. They blamed us for booking errors that they made and then expected us to pay for them. I have travelled all over the world and have never experienced such incompetence and rudeness. Book the Golden Country Caratel or the Bristol Hill for true country hospitality and for lovely staff

• Liked — They had a pool
  • Disliked — The staff and their attitude
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
JUNCTIONMOTELM, Owner at Junction Motel Maryborough, responded to this review, September 8, 2009
New Owners! New Look! Please give us a fair go!

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Janet McDonald and my husband and I purchased the Junction Motel effective from 1 July 2009. In the short time we have been here, we have completed extensive refurbishment works to the outside of the property including new signage, rendering of the facade, landscaping, fencing and lighting.

As of September 13, 2009 we will be commencing a full and complete refurbishment of all of our guest rooms over three stages. The decor will be modern/contemporary with rooms being fully plastered, and all new furniture, soft furnishings, etc. All rooms now feature 26" LCD HD TV's and the last four of our double beds will be replaced with Queen Beds. We will also bid goodbye to our single beds and replace them with new King Singles.

Whilst we appreciate that some guests may have had a not-so-pleasant experience at the motel in the past, we are experienced motel operators and ask that you please judge our service and the quality of our motel for yourself.

Thank you for taking the time to read my comments.

Ross and I hope to see you at the Junction Motel, Maryborough!
Hawthorn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

The owners here may have recently changed hands, but there is still much to be enjoyed about this little central Victorian gem.
I have stayed there twice during an annual event and the staff have always been very accommodating to the unusual hours and requests of our team.

I stopped by recently and they were keen to arrange caravans for additional guests if required - I suppose that indicates a flexibility and willingness to please.

It's a short 10-minute walk into the heart of Maryborough and despite being on a major 'junction', the road noise really doesn't rate a mention.

The Junction Motel has all of the key ingredients for a great stay and breakfast was 'spot on' every day.

• Liked — Great staff
  • Disliked — Lack of broadband internet
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Junction Motel Maryborough? Share your experiences!