“Ravenscroft Lodge Review” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ravenscroft Lodge

Ravenscroft Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Temagami
Ravenscroft Lodge
You added Ravenscroft Lodge to your Saves list
19 Jumping Caribou Road, Temagami, Ontario, Canada   |
Toronto, Canada
“Ravenscroft Lodge Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Just before we left home I came across the review by Mr Brown of Ravenscroft Lodge and I was very apprehensive to go there. Nevertheless we had paid a deposit, so we went.

Here is my review of the place:

We had to carry our luggage to the cottage but that was not a big deal. If you had a 4 wheel drive you could drive to them, but we did not have one. First thing I did we checked for mouse dropping and so on, we did not find any.All was clean, bathroom, kitchen, bedrooms. Sheets, pillows and towels were all OK.
Our first meal was Snitzel dinner, and yes, you can call it greasy, but so is Kentucky Fried Chicken, and regardless we liked it. Nobody got sick. My son asked for a second piece and Joe had another one fried for him. The second night we had cabbage rolls and the 3rd night we had roast beef. They both were fine, not greasy, and I have to admit the roast beef was better then my wife cooks at home ( I would not tell her that). Now for the icefishing: The fishing shacks were fairly large. There was some cigarette butts and beer caps left behind under the benches frozen in ice it would take major effort to scrape those out. Obviously it was fishermen who left it. There was a gallon size can for ashtray, that is what we used for our smokes. It was OK. We did catch lake trout ( 3 ), it was out of season so it had to go back, 9 pickerel and 5 white fish between the 3 of us. Other groups were doing way better then us, but that's fishing. We used their sauna at the main lodge one night, it is adry sauna, it was great after fishing all day!

In summary we found Joe and Julie very hospitable and easy going. When I asked Joe said they purchased Ravenscroft 20 years ago.

We liked the place and I have not hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

The Ravenscroft lodge is the WORST place I have ever stayed. When we arrived the owner Joe collected our money first not a good sign, then he told us to carry our bags down the ice path to our cottage. Once there, the cottage door was partly open for us. This was not a nice jester but rather a door that would not shut.... Then we went inside to the rooms.... We found mice feces in every room including on the sheets of 2 beds, and not just one or 2 pebbles of feces, but full of it. Then we heard mice running around in the walls. It was not a good sleep with the thought of mice running across our faces. We did the american package; what a mistake! Very greasy food that upset every one of our 8 mens' stomaches. The whole point of our trip was to fish, but Joe has not moved his huts once this year. They were very dirty and he had the 100lb propane tank in the hut which I am pretty sure is illegal. We caught a total of 9 fish between 8 guys in 3 days of fishing. I will never go back there and do not recommend anyone else go there.

Been to Ravenscroft Lodge? Share your experiences!