“oops see rating for Temagami tavern” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Temagami
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: Right before you get into Temagami going North on Hyway 11 Great food, great prices and friendly people
Newliskeard
“oops see rating for Temagami tavern”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

The shores is the place for awesome views.
Nice cabins too.

North Bay, Canada
“What happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I'm very disappointed with Temagami Shores this time around. I had previously dined here a few times and things have changed quite a bit. Seems like in the past months the quality has suffered due to staff changes. I think this place has gone through a manager per year for the past few. When there was that family running it, there seemed to be more care put into the food ...Now it seems like all they use is frozen crap.

Visited October 2011
Peterborough, Canada
“Beautiful place! with not so beautiful food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Wow this place has changed in the past year!
Going through different managers like dirty undies, The last family there last year was great!
The new lady for this year seems to be smoking on the front porch more than overseeing her restaurant!
We got in put in our drink orders and waited about 15minutes, While the staff gossiped around the desk, When we got our salads they were very over dressed and almost mushy.

By this time we were ready to leave, but with the dinner orders in we thought we would stick it out! We ordered a easy Hamburger & Fries & Fish N Chips which the waitress raved about!!! Another huge disappointment!!
The fries were ok at least hand cut, but they were not cooked all the way through.
the burger was smaller than the bun and flame grilled a little to long
the fish well oh my it was the WORST!! it was hand battered but maybe a week prior! It was sick with how much batter was on it :(
I was so upset, the meal I had here just one year ago was SO much better!!
I had the young lady make me a special sandwich that I had requested and it was spot on! Now a year later it is crap! Such a shame for the only comfortable family restaurant in town :(
Maybe time for management to make there employees happy instead of just replacing them with a incompetent social light

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ontario
“A refreshing woodland oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

After a long, hot drive south through road construction ,and several job-related stops, my spouse and I stopped at Temagami Shores, exhausted, dehydrated and overheated, hoping to get a room for the night. Every room was booked, but the staff went out of their way to try to find us accommodation. They welcomed us into their wonderfully cool, air conditioned dining room with ice cold water, and a tasty home-style dinner. We left refreshed and wanting to return soon to this oasis in the Temagami wood

• Visited July 2011