In September my wife and I spent 4 days at the Star Castle on St Marys in the Scillies. It could not have been nicer. The room, overlooking the harbor, was spacious and comfortable. Room staff were meticulous and fast, usually slipping in while we were at breakfast. The kitchen is 5 star: everything (fish, venison, pasta) was delicious and artfully presented. They will cork a bottle of wine and have it ready for your next dinner. Tim, the boatman, comes in every morning at breakfast to arrange trips to nearby islands. The hotel is a short walk into town and while the weather was grey with frequent drizzle, it is a delightful place for a stroll with several good pubs.
We had been warned that the ferry could be uncomfortable (evidently it has a flat bottom and was not built with rough water in mind..) but we were lucky: calm seas and a very pleasant 2 1/2 hour passage in each direction.
- Also Known As:
- Star Castle Hotel
- Star Castle Hotel St Mary`s
- Star Castle St Marys
- Star Castle Hotel St Marys
- Star Castle Isles Of Scilly, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family run hotel located on the Garrison a short walk from the centre of St Mary’s and the harbour, commanding breathtaking views of the stunning Archipelago. Our focus is to provide exceptional customer service to all our guests, award winning gourmet food with a choice of two award winning restaurants featuring the world’s best fresh lobster and crab caught by the proprietor Mr Robert Francis aboard ‘Gallos’ the hotel’s own fishing boat.A 38 bedroom hotel boasting traditional sixteenth century castle accommodation and spacious contemporary suites within 4 acres of secluded gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Star Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.