“For Prada's RTW lovers, but not Leather goods lovers.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prada Outlet (Space)

Prada Outlet (Space)
Via Levanella Becorpi | Localita Levanella, S.S. 69, Montevarchi, Italy
011-39-55 978-94-81
Improve this listing
Visit Prada Outlet (Space) like an insider
Private Tour
$88*
and up
Private Tour: Florence Shopping Tour to Gucci and...
Ranked #1 of 1 Shopping in Montevarchi
Activities: Shopping
東京23区, 東京都
“For Prada's RTW lovers, but not Leather goods lovers.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I took train from Florence and a taxi from the station, and arrived before 10:30AM.
As the planning was really well organised thanks to the hotel concierge.
I could return to Florence in the early afternoon.

Regarding merchandises,
in that day leather goods were poor.
Some nylon bags, leather bags, and few small leather goods was found on the shelves.
But RTW were there a lot. Size 38s were very few.

Shoes made me happy. 'cause I could buy what i was looking for @ Prada in downtown.
As you pick up favorite style shop staff will scan their bar code and tell you if your sizes are available or not.

I'll be back to Florence and Montevarchi!

Visited October 2011

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
“Buy, buy, buy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

If you are trying to find a cheap way to get here, don't bother. Take the train to Montevarchi Station and go straight for a cab. It will cost about €12 for a two-way trip per person. Arriving at the outlet, do remember to take a Number Tag which will be used to purchase any items. As I arrived in the late evening at 6pm, I arranged with the cab driver to return at 7.30pm to send me back to the train station. Do not be misled by the price tag, it may be cheap, but there are further discounts. A wallet I bought indicated €195 but was discounted to slightly over €150. For non-EU tourists, do not forget to present your passport to claim back the tax.

Visited September 2011
“New season Prada bag bargains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I went to Space for the first time last week to look for a new bag and returned home a very happy person. Despite what other reviewers have said there was a considerable choice of new season bags (a/w 2011-12) all with very good discounts. My beauty, a new model, cost around a third of the current retail price and the one my daughter chose, a classic prada, about half the list price. New bags were available from the warehouse which meant we weren't limited to the ones on display.
The staff were all extremely helpful and particularly patient with the overseas visitors who needed tax-free claims forms etc.
I would say if you're going with some idea of what you would like to buy do your homework first, it will help you to spot the bargains.
I will definitely be going back soon.

Antwerpen
“Well worth the visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I'm a Prada and Miu Miu fan, expecially their shoes & handbags.
So since we are staying not so very far from the Space outlet I just hàd to get there.
We went at 16h30 this afternoon because that was wat suited us best. I was expecting busloads of peope ànd empty shelves but non of that proved right.
We arrived, walked in and there were just a couple of persons inside.

I bought suede high heeled boots for 310 euro. Once at the cashier they only charged 248 euro for it, no idea why. That's the price I normally pay for a pair of non-designerboots in every decent shoeshop back at home so I really feel happy with my purchase.
The bags collection could not really convince me so I sticked to 1 pair of boots and 1 pair of sunglasses.

My husband bought 2 shirts for 100 each (he has the same ones at home in a different colour and paid over 200 euro each for them), 1 scarf (90 euro) and 2 wool pullovers (120 and 140 euro).

I have to say : we are happy with all we bought and this for an extremely reasonable price !

We asked one of the staff about the best hours to come in and they said that it's not really worth coming at 10.30 sharp 'cause then the staff only starts putting the new stuff in the shop, he said that by 12 o'clock most of the items are in the shop. But we should nog expect to much, i.e. sometimes there is nothing new, sometimes just 2-3 items. On Friday there is often quite some new stuff.

as to the 'hard to find outlet' : i really don't understand why it would be difficult to find... We drove to Montevarchi, then took the road to Arezzo and when passing Levanella +/- 1km further you have a gas station at your right side and a huge building 'SPACE - SPACE OUTLET' on the left side. No need to look for the signs the building is so huge that you can't miss it !
At the traffic lights you turn left and you park towards the end of the grey building where the outlet entrance is situated.

Barcelona
“Pleasantly surprised and even impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I must say that after reading the reviews on this site and in others I was somewhat pessimistic as to what I was going to find in this outlet. I mean, the place was out of the way, evidently there were no signs to get us there, once there you had to take a number (a number!! At an outlet!! Were these guys kidding or what?!). Anyway, on our way to Rome from Florence we decided to give it a go, and we were very glad we did.

We showed up on a Wednesday at around 9:30 am and managed to get number 74 and 75. There was a tour bus of Japanese already waiting at the door. There was a cafe right next door in case we wanted to get a coffee. At exactly 10:30 the doors opened to a beautifully appointed store (like what you would find in a high end mall, not an outlet shop). The store personnel were extremely nice and patient and very knowledgeable. They went out of their way to find sizes, styles etc.

At the end, we left with two very nice bags and our duty free paperwork filled out. When we got to Rome that night, out of curiosity, we went to the Prada shop off the Spanish steps. The same bag I purchased was 50% more expensive, without taking into account the duty free (since I would have also gotten duty free in e store in Rome). What a fantastic surprise!

So, bottom line. Don't even think twice. Go. Put the address in the GPS and you'll get there no problem and don't be afraid of the crowds (unless you're going around Christmas or on a Saturday, I suspect). The store is huge, there is plenty of merchandise (men and women, although 3x as much women's as men's) and the coffee at the end of the shopping spree will taste as delicious as knowing you just saved 50%.

A final word, however....as a good friend of mine told me, a Prada bag is still a Prada bag. You're not going to find stupid prices. And unfortunately for my American friends, at $1.45 per 1€, the prices may be steeper than they should be compared to a U.S. mall, but, hey, you're in Italy! Splurge a little!!