“Thank you” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rendola Riding

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montevarchi
Rendola Riding
You added Rendola Riding to your Saves list
Via Rendola, 66, 52025 Montevarchi, Italy   |
southampton
“Thank you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

This little break was a dream come true. Everything right from the word go fell into place. The house was just what we hoped it would be; a home from home. Jenny, the owner, and her team were so welcoming and great company. We came for the riding, we enjoyed the lovely tuscan countryside and found good cared-for horses which were nice to ride. Jenny was a fantastic guide not only on horseback but also in Arezzo and Eraldo was a brilliant instructor (thank you!). Compliments to the chef as the food was delicious too! We can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Rowerbird
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Upside: There is a good selection of horses. This is a good place to bring a stong beginner or immediate so that they get some time in the saddle. Jenny has some lovely people working in her yard and they really make the place. Her horses are much loved.
She also will teach you the basics of Italian which is great. You should go here if you really want to see some authentic Italy and tour tuscany in a unqiue way.
Downside: However you are there within her terms and you stay at her house so it has some contraints if you are on holidays and want a romantic time out or if you want to eat something else. Also it is limited if you are a very experienced rider. The house can be rather cold.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

My friend and I just came back to the states after an equestrian vacation at Rendola Riding "Discover Tuscany" via Equitrekking. I am still smiling from ear to ear,

If you want to see the Tuscan country and you love to ride...this is the way to do it. The owner (Jenny) is a gem like no other. She has incredible knowledge of the area and took us to areas that no one visiting by automobile would ever see. Her horses and wonderful....no fancy show horses but steady, trustworthy and comfortable (I would love to take home Nerone and Carmen!). Sergio, her right hand man, does everything around the farm and is a wonderful cook....better than her hired cook (sorry Franca!). I am still dreaming of Serigo's mushroom risotto and grilled eggplant.

The farmhouse is comfortable and homey. Jenny is a terrific hostess.....we felt like we were staying at a favorite aunts house.

This has been one of my very favorite vacations...ever.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
riva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

This is a wonderful vacation in a cozy farm house. It was clean and welcoming. However, it is worth mentioning that no hotel in Italy seems to have screens in the windows so there are flies and mosquitoes if you leave your windows open.
We were served traditional Italian meals and had plenty. It was so good that I bought the cook book for my mother and myself.
I've seen the negative reviews and can not identify with them at all. I did see a spider in the bathroom, but it disappeared and I never saw another. Remember that you are staying at a farm in the middle of the country.
The horses were sure footed and reliable. Jenny was very friendly and quite devoted to all of us on the trip. I can't think of a single negative thing to say, quite honestly. Oh, well, the mattress in my room seemed like it wouldn't be comfortable but I slept so soundly that it must have been just fine. Incidentally, I also noticed that they were moving new mattresses in on our departure. The farm, like many farms, is always in various stages of being improved.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

The horses are lovely and the rides are wonderful across the beautiful countryside. Jenny is very entertaining and provides you with a lot of interesting information. You need to be aware that the horses and riding are the priority here. The rooms could do with a bit of a hoover. There were a lot of cob webs and a few scarily large insects running around. However, the essentials such as the bathroom, kitchen and sheets were clean. The food was good and the wine was plentiful and very nice. The staff were very friendly. Happy to take you to the pub with them or give you a lift. Not a lot to do for non-riders though.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010 via mobile

Withing 10 minutes of being there we managed to kill HUGE spiders. The stench of urine coming from the bathroom was incredible. The room had a musty old smell. I don't remember the food being that great, and certainly don't remember, course after course being passed around..??? Mhhhhh. I do remember; flys all around the food, overly slated food, urine infested bathroom, musty old smell in the room and spider webs on every corner of the room. Perhaps a clean room and bathroom,Jenny? I'm not asking for too much am I?

We were not expecting luxury but we were expecting a clean place and this is not what we got.

If you want to explore on horse back, I'm sure this is the place, but unless they do some serious cleaning, I doubt you would want to spend your money there.
Sent from my iPhone

• Stayed September 2010
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

We spent an incredible week seeing Tuscany from the backs of our wonderful horses at Rendola Riding Center in Montevarchi. Jenny Bawtree and her staff showed us hidden trails that they knew like the backs of their hands. We cantered through vineyards, trotted past villas and soaked up scenery galore, all while learning about the history and culture of the area from our guides. Visitors by car or bike don't travel these roads and trails that took us past centuries-old farmhouses and through cool, deep forests in the Chianti Hills. The horses were so willing and safe - they knew their jobs and seemed to love to go as much as we did. The riding center itself is quite comfortable, the meals are delicious as course after course is served, and a sense of family and fun pervades the household. Although I believe riding lessons are available for beginners, the trips through the countryside are geared toward at least intermediate riders, which gave us the opportunity to go farther and faster and have a lot more fun. Visit Rendola for an unforgettable Tuscan experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Rendola Riding? Share your experiences!