“excellent aperitivo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capri Palace Hotel and Spa

Save Saved
You added Capri Palace Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Capri Palace Hotel and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Capodimonte 14, 80071 Anacapri, Island of Capri, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in Anacapri
london
“excellent aperitivo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

we just went for an aperitivo and it was fantastic. Perfect nibbles, perfect drinks, beautiful atmosphere. Live music was high quality. The terrace is stylish and the service was precise and chatty. Price in line with other aperitivos in a similar hotel category.
The view from the terrace is not the best in anacapri.

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed here with my family and friends to celebrate my husband's birthday in July. Capri is really beautiful- it has a bit of everything, sun, sea, sand, food, night life, shopping...

The hotel had a very calm and serene atmosphere upon arrival. Modern hotel but with lots of character. We stayed in the Warhol suite, gorgeous room with a beautiful pool, very spacious.

We ordered room service a few times, it was just average. Breakfast was sufficient.

The service did not live up to my expectations given the status of this hotel. I had asked for an iron to iron my toddler and baby's clothes but I was told that there were no irons currently available and the laundry was closed. After expressing my dismay and asking if we were expected to go out with rumpled clothes, an iron eventually emerged. By the next day, after the room was serviced, the iron had disappeared. When we called to asked for it, we were told we were not allowed to have irons in the rooms and had to send them to the laundry for pressing, for a charge of course. This was rather confusing to me as I had been told the previous day that the irons were being used by other guests!

The staff were generally agreeable but seemed to give the impression that they were being disturbed whenever we needed their service.

Beautiful hotel but I will shop around for others next time I visit Capri.

• Stayed July 2013
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just stayed at this property on the island of Capri.....and I'm dying to return. Every thing from the time of the arrival to the departure is just unreal. The staff was wonderful and never had an attitude, the rooms were beyond clean and opulent.....AND MAKE SURE YOU GO TO THE BEACH CLUB!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here for a portion of our honeymoon. The location is great and the staff is very helpful and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing stay in Anacapri/Capri area, but is willing to pay a moderate price for service.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Without too many words, the Capri Palace Hotel is the only place to stay on the island. It’s quintessential Capri. This is my wife & I's 4th stay now at the hotel. Yes it’s pricey but that's Capri. Anyone who's anyone stays here (we recommend one of the themed suites, such as the 'Marilyn' or the exotic penthouse, the 'Paltrow').

The new private beach club for hotel guests only, 'Il Riccio', is just outstanding with the best restaurant & sundecks on the island outside of the hotel itself.

When staying in Capri, we definitely recommend a private 4 hour sunset tour around the island with Gianni's Boat Tours (per the hotels personal verbal recommendation). You can pre-arrange this with Gianni through email & phone (he has a great website with all his contact details & information for his many tours & options). Gianni is very trustworthy & will look after all your needs (towels, food, drinks, sun screen, etc.) & he has the best & largest wooden Gozzo boats on the island (a truly romantic & amazing experience).

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We recently spent two days in Capri and stayed at Capri Palace Hotel and Spa. The location was beautiful and the property exquisite. The service was great and all the staff members friendly. Unfortunately it does feel like a hotel and lacks the heart as expected from an Italian establishment.

Great in all other measures.

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was a beautiful hotel in a great location. Our room was lovely and very clean. The front desk and wait staff with the exception of one person was excellent. The view was nice but you are really far of course from the sea. Upon check in, I was so happy to be there. The desk clerk told us that we should go to the restaurant for a short time while they prepare our room. After being seated, I asked where the restroom was and the waiter accompanied me to the restroom. This was when things went bad, when I flushed the toilet which is located on the wall, the piece fell off and broke. I am sure it was already broke prior to me flushing the toilet and someone simply placed the piece back on to the wall without properly fixing it. It unfortunately fell on my hand/wrist and I swelled up immediately, it was terribly red and bruised and hurt! Being a nurse practitioner and doing Botox/Filler injections for a living, I asked a waitress at the bar right outside of the restroom for help and wanted to apply ice to minimize swelling. She was not very nice about giving me the ice and as I walked away she was making fun of me, laughing very loudly about my mishap to the other staff members. I did not trust her after that so everytime we walked into the bar or restaurant to eat or drink, I would leave and we would go somewhere else. Who laughs at someone over an accident that was not even my fault? The management however, as I am assuming they were because they were the only ones wearing suits in 90 degrees farenheit temperatures were very nice about it and seemed sorry for the mishap. I felt sorry for them for having to wear such clothing in such high degree temperatures. The hotel raved about the beach club so we thought we would give it a try. I would not recommend it if your are not a sun worshiper as it was not what I expected. It is very hot (unless you want to burn your skin). They have chairs that you can sit on under umbrellas but it is located on a deck and even under the umbrellas it is terribly hot. Your chairs don't even face the sea (only the bathrooms.There is no cool breeze and no misters or water where you can cool yourself off anywhere. You have to travel down some steps and jump into the sea if you want to cool off. I was expecting a beach area where we could swim or at least a pool area. There was only a deck and a restaurant. We were also told the shuttle picks you up every half hour. After we arrived, it was so boring we wanted to leave after 10 minutes so we proceeded to go back to the area and wait for the shuttle driver. We waited 50 minutes and finally I asked someone at the restaurant "where is our driver" and was told "Oh, you have to call for a driver to pick you up". Ugh, why didn't they think to tell us this?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Capri Palace Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!