“Superb” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Pierro and his team were recommended to us as being worth a visit. We hired a scooter at Grande Marina and loved the torturous S-bends of the mountain pass and it's superb views. Swimming in the sea is an essential part of our island routine BUT as foodies we like to combine food and sea.. As this was only our 2nd day of our week long stay we hadn't booked sunbeds so poor planning caught us off guard. Even so the food, service and wine choice was worth the visit, at €100 a head I would have thought they'd have made a plan for us to swim. we sneaked a quick dip and felt like intruders but the Blue Grotto a hundred meters away made it all worthwhile

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Istanbul, Turkey
“The best decorated restaurant in Capri Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant for lunch in Capri Island. At the same time it's a beach club. But I wouldn't recommend that part of the facility. The sea is very wavy and not that easy to get in and get out.
But the restaurant is very good. The atmosphere, the service and food is great. We ate as a starter mussel, calamari and mozzarella and as a main course pasta with clams and pasta with lobster. They all were delicious. The only thing that I didn’t like was some of the dishes were quite salty, but when you tell that they cook it again very quickly.
Another special thing of the restaurant is they have a room for the desert. I Although the decoration of that room is more impressive than the deserts, anyway they are worth to try.
The only thing I have to warn is, the restaurant is quite far from Capri center. You can come with a taxi, and it will cost around 35 €.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
greenwich, ct
“too far to travel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food was good, but nothing spectacular. We went for sunset which was nice, but once the sun was down there wasn't much else. There were not very flexible which is frustrating when you are with children. Wine was good and not that expensive. The dessert room is the best part. we were staying in anacapri and it still cost us 25 euro to get there - can't imagine coming from capri unless you are coming by boat.

Visited August 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Go before sunset...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

A famous tourist restaurant, positioned low over the water, apparently a sunset-favourite.
Our concierge booked us in for 9.30pm so we didn't get to enjoy the apparently amazing view...so the restaurant was left to stand on its own two culinary feet.
To be honest, it was just average. It serves exactly the same food and dishes as every other restaurant on Capri, not better, not worse, just more expensive.
The dessert buffet room is a great foto opportunity but no one really was eating any of it, and on first glance it looks wonderful, but when you actually look closely at anything there you want to eat for the all inclusive buffet set price...I couldn't really find anything. I mean, I can eat a water-spray-dusted peach anywhere. They look better in this room for sure, but they are still just a peach. The cakes etc looked great from a afar, but still nothing there really took my fancy enough to actually eat it. And I have a sweet tooth. In total contradiction to my concierges statement that i must book and its full, the restaurant was over 2/3rds empty...adding to the "I got railroaded into this" feeling. It costs about 35 euros each way in a cab from Capri, so thats a 70 buck kicker to your bill to begin with - and in all honesty, its just not worth it - especially if there is no view (as its dark). Check your bill carefully also, it seems to be standard practice to add a few things here and there...perhaps they thought I was russian ?

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Westlake Village
“Spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Well worth the bus ride from Anacapri to this ocean front restaurant. Be sure to make a reservation for a front row table

Visited August 2012