“Nothing less than my dreams” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caesar Augustus Hotel

You added Caesar Augustus Hotel to your Saves list
Caesar Augustus Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via G. Orlandi, 4 | Baia de Napoli, 80071 Anacapri, Island of Capri, Italy   |
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Anacapri
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Naples, Italy
“Nothing less than my dreams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

That's the second time I review Caesar Augustus Hotel.
Most of the time, when you go back to a place, you feel something is going wrong, as expectations are too high. But this time I'm thinking if there is way to write the superlative of a review I already wrote 3 years ago.
Yes, I've been there once again, to relax and enjoy the Island. And once again the feeling I had is I got my feet in heaven, ending up in a king of space-time fold where nothing can disturb you. The staff is wonderful, precise, professional, always present but with the right discretion one asks to a luxury hotel.
As they always say "never settle for anything less than your dreams". That's why we was back to Caesar Augustus!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Caesar Augustus is a beautiful hotel set on the cliff tops of Anacapri looking out to the Amalfi coast. The staff have a very welcoming manner and great you like a long lost friend. The setting with the twin level infinity pool is stunning and the various small restaurant areas to dine in with the fabulous views reflect an intimate atmosphere with a very high standard of cuisine.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the cliff top are quieter but the quality of sound proofing in the rooms ensures a...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Leominster, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The rooms have spectacular views as does the patio bar area where Giovanni provided excellent friendly service and was our guide to the sites in the area. It was a brief walk to downtown shopping. There was a piano bar with an opera singer one night providing a truly romantic evening relaxing under the stars on the adjoining patio. The concierge couldn't have been more helpful and even the driver that gladly takes you to the ports and sites was friendly and helpful. This is a magical and romantic spot. Worth the price.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a view from just about anywhere in the hotel. Sunsets are particularly memorable. The pool area is great andhas a bar service allowing you to relax even more.

The restaurant was amazing, views and cuisine astonished.

Why not 5* then, well for me something is just missing.I cannot put my finger on it, but maybe the service is slightly slow or impersonal, (though reception staff are great).,

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

I went to Capri with a tons of cliches in mind... It was the complete opposite, the island is unbelievable ! And I have to say that the hotel is one of my favorite on earth. I booked the cliff suite with a view on Naples bay... amazing ! The hotel is really nice and chic, but not much neither, the restaurant for lunch is excellent, for diner not really a bargain but still you have the view... I will go there again, no doubt.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

But I'll try.

Firstly, I can't believe I haven't already reviewed this place because it is hands down, the best hotel experience of my life. No other hotel I have ever been to can even hold a candle to this place.

I've visited this hotel twice in two years now and it has truly become an iconic place in our (my wife and I) relationship because of how much fun we had and how beautiful and breathtaking it is. Shortly after getting to our room, we got a knock on the door. It was a welcome back gift of strawberries and prosecco coupled with a note telling us how much they missed us and how awesome we are (not really, they just said they were glad to have us back, I may have made the rest up).

OK so, you get picked up at the wharf as soon as you get off the ferry and you're whisked up to the top of Ana Capri in no time with your jaw to the floor the whole time as you try and take in the scenery, the cliffs, the blueness of the water and Vesuvius, looking on in the background.

When you get to the hotel, you're greeted by extremely friendly staff who offer you this amazing fresh lemon drink that I seriously had too much of (I'm a greedy pig) but it is the view over the balcony that is the clincher. Not a single morning went by where I wasn't awe struck but the still beauty of the azure Mediterranean sitting at the bottom of this cliff. It's so beautiful that when we uploaded photos of our wedding, people accused us of photoshopping the water (really?).

The morning view can't get any better... and then it's breakfast. I'm getting sad right now just thinking about it as the spread was absolutely world class, catering to everyone's individual needs and then some. I'm actually getting sad thinking about the cakes they had, the buffalo mozzarella, the bacon, the egg, the juices, coffee etc, etc all served by an amazing, friendly and cheerful staff (some of these guys work almost all day and yet they're cheerfulness doesn't wane a single bit).

After breakfast, you're spoilt for choice. First of all, you'll be hard pressed to find a more impressive swimming pool (see photos) but if you want to lie around and get a tan, you also have an impressive list of cocktails to choose from (the mojito was fantastic).

When you're done at the pool, you have the option of massages, a Turkish bath (which I was a little dismissive about but then spent a couple of hours in there, so so so good) and other services the hotel provides but let's be honest, you'll have a hard time leaving the pool area, I assure you.

Dinner. I think the restaurant warrants it's own separate review so all I'll say here is 5/5 and if you can organise the romantic package where they sit you out on your own private balcony area, you have to do it! I assure you, your partner will be very appreciative.

In regards to the rooms, I've stayed in 3 different rooms ranging from the more modest room to a villa with a garden and they're all great. The soaps etc are so good, I took a whole bunch (sorry) and I still have some at home.

The bar and staff were also one of the highlights. I'm not much of a drinker but I drank a lot of limoncello and had many heated discussions about Italian football with the bar manager Maurizio.

Yes there are a lot of richer folk at this hotel who might not appreciate this place on the same level as me but I'm no rich man and I had to save a long time to be able to afford this so if you do it, make sure you do it right and get the most out of it because sometimes in life, you have to go a little over the top and treat yourself, this place is totally worth it.

Don't stay for less than 2 nights.

Room Tip: If on your trip you decide to splurge on just one hotel, do it here. Get the best room you can and t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2015

This hotel is by far the best part of trip to Italy. The overall experience is amazing. The room was a little dated but not in a bad way. The decor went the feel of the hotel. But, what you are really paying for is that view. It was so beautiful. The pool and patio added to that experience. We traveled during August and I cannot imagine staying without a pool! It was so beautiful there. We just spent three days laying by the pool until late afternoon and then heading into town to sightsee later in the day.

The food was also amazing. The included breakfast was delicious, and, we ate at the hotel once and off site two other times. We both wished we had ate at the hotel. They did close the pool early for a wedding reception one night but we were given adequate notice of that at check in.

Without a doubt, stay here. You will not regret it. It is like heaven on earth.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Caesar Augustus Hotel? Share your experiences!