“Beauty, peace and the warmest host you could hope to meet” 5 of 5 stars

Il Giardino dell'Arte
Via Traversa La Vigna 31b, Anacapri, Island of Capri, Italy   |
Ranked #3 of 29 Anacapri B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Beauty, peace and the warmest host you could hope to meet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Staying with Franco at Anacapri was delightful. Lovely breakfast, lots of tips about where to go and best places to eat ... Even local restaurants that come fetch you and drop you back home. Lovely stay :)

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Franco and his family deliver the warmest of welcomes and the service level for a hotel of this size and budget is simply phenomenal. Absolutely nothing is too much for Franco, from picking you up and dropping you off from the port, to making sure that you have everything you want in your room. Everything is done with such kindness and with such a big smile, you simply cannot go anywhere else in Anacapri YOU MUST STAY HERE! The gardens and the vista are to die for and we have simply found a little bit of paradise, a return is simply a certainty. The breakfast buffet is lip smakingly great too. WELL DONE TO EVERYONE.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
warsaw, poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Waking up and get to the garden to have beautiful breakfasts, with that view, OMG¡¡¡ I still see those pics and ask myself if I was really there...Franco and his family are the most generous and easy going people and they make everything they can to make your stay perfect, arranging excursions and helping you always to make the experience better, I hope to get back there next summer

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Having spent 8 weeks travelling through Italy , This would have to be the most beautiful place I have stayed.
Set in amongst amazing gardens with a spectacular view of the the Mediterranean.
Franco and his family are the most generous and inviting people I have every had the pleasure of meeting, their is such a strong family sense you feel like your home.
The Hotel is excellent , the rooms impeccably clean and comfortable.
The location here is better than Capri , Anacapri , is set above , if you want a more traditional experience of Italian life , this is where you need to come. we will definitely be back here next summer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

During a recent family vacation we could not decide on whether to stay in Capri or Anacapri. Thankfully we chose the more relaxed part of the island, Anacapri, as it was free of day tourists and less pretentious. Here, we were happy to discover this this terrific B&B. We booked two rooms for two nights. Each room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The front doors opened to small patios. Room 3 had a very large and private patio. Breakfast was served on the patio and consisted of fresh fruit, juices, yogurt, breads and coffee. The pastry was fresh the first day but tasted day old on the second day; a slight disappointment. We did have a problem with the key access to room 3, hopefully the lock will be fixed soon. The B&B is run by life-long Anacapri resident Franco: He was the perfect innkeeper. Franco picked us up at the marina and dropped us off at the end of the visit. He also gave us rides into town on a couple of occasions. Franco's best asset was his knowledge and connections. He arranged dinners at two restaurants that did not disappoint. He booked a two hour private boat tour that circled the island with a stop at the Blue Grotto (additional cost for entry to the grotto). The boat tour was the highlight of our visit. The small five room B&B was fully occupied during our visit but we always had our privacy. When we encountered guests they were smiling and happy, just as we were during our visit. If this place had a small pool and stronger wi-fi I could easily rate it "excellent." Don't miss the killer sunset views from the roof patios and roof deck!

Room Tip: Room 3 has a beautiful, large and private patio.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My stay at Il Giardino dell' Arte has been a highlight of my 38 days in Italy. From the moment I contact Franco via email everything has gone smoothly, my every need & want attended to. Returning each night to Anacapri and enjoying my walk to the B&B was as if I were returning home. Franco's attention to every detail is a nod to his many years of experience at a major hotel in Anacapri. There is nothing Franco and his family overlook. I was in The Olive room for 5 nights. What a beautiful spot Franco chose for me, "You have the Bay of Naples in your arms" he told me. From my terrace I most certainly did. The room was bright, clean and well appointed. The breakfast was more than anyone could ask for. I loved it being brought right to me and presented on a tray each morning. The walk to Anacapri is a fun, winding 10 minute one. Access to Capri couldn't be easier on the bus. My favorite memories are of enjoying a lemoncello from Franco's freezer and his conversation that accompanied it. I now have a friend in Anacapri! I know my family and I will return to make more memories. Grazie mille Franco!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Although this was one of the most expensive B&B's we stayed at in Italy, it was also the best.
We had a large room and bathroom plus a private patio surrounded by superb gardens which are carefully tended by Franco, who also picked us up at the dock in Capri and returned us there after our stay.
Breakfast was excellent and so was the service.
The room included a fridge, hair dryer, tea and coffee.
We only had 2 nights at Il Giardino but we wish it was a week.
It was one of the few B&B's on our trip where we could have stayed all day and foregone the sightseeing.
Thank you Franco for a memorable stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Il Giardino dell'Arte? Share your experiences!