We stayed here one night (though we wanted to stay more they were booked solid) in July 2009. We booked the Indian Fusion room which was well appointed, with a comfortable bed, great shower and a spacious sink area. As others have noted, no expense has been spared in making this a great place to stay. The common rooms are large, with comfortable sofas, where one can lounge, read or enjoy a drink. Breakfast was served at a long dining table (good bread, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc). The night we were there the hotel offered Table d’hote (dinner), the meal was simple but delicious (gazpacho, beef skewer with vegetable and zucchini au gratin, strawberry chantilly, all for 15 euro per person), Franc Mayne wine is available for purchase with the meal. We ate on the terrace, watching the sun set over the vineyards, I wish I was there….. The tour of the vineyard was very well done. It lasted about 1 hour, including a visit into the cave and wine tasting at the end. The garden and swimming pool were also enjoyable and somewhat unique since the pool is all natural, with plants growing on one side. Overall a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of St-Emilion vineyard, the Relais de Franc Mayne provides 11 rooms, all air conditioned and equipped with TV, wireless Internet access, mini bar, private safe. Enjoy a quiet place to stay, a natural swimming pool as well as great wines (Grand Cru Classé). Tours of the property 7 days a week upon booking (French and English). Free tours for hotel guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Le Relais de Franc Mayne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Relais De Franc Mayne Hotel Saint-Emilion
- Chateau Franc Mayne Saint Emilion
- Chateau Franc Mayne Hotel