“Used to be much better” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Canandaigua, New York
“Used to be much better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I have not been to the Jade Palace in several years. We arrived at 1155am for lunch and were one of two couples in the dining room. This should have been our first clue that something was wrong. The dining room was very dimly lit making it difficult to read the menu. Service was friendly and good however food quality had greatly slipped since our last visit. The hot and sour soup was mediocre, the egg roll was soggy and the chicken was just OK. It was a very disappointing lunch.

• Visited May 2014

Rochester, New York
“2nd Worst Chinese Restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Jade Palace used to be good.. I used to go there when I worked in Webster, but they've slid way downhill. Met some friends for lunch yesterday and I will never return. Dining room was freezing cold, poor selection of veg dishes on lunch menu. I ordered off the dinner menu which at least had some tofu dishes, but it was so not worth it. The tofu and sauce was gummy and too sweet. My friends didn't like their food either. ps. the worst Chinese restaurant I've eaten at is in Lake George, NY. Jade Palace is the 2nd worst.

• Visited February 2014
“Really Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

You can get better Asian at a mall food court, but the worst thing about this place is the smell/atmosphere. The place reeks of old cigarette smoke, mildewed carpet with a slight oder of urine. Just really nasty.

• Visited August 2013
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Atmosphere was terrible, staff was inconsiderate, cleanliness was very lacking, food was cold and lacked the expected taste. I will never return there again

Visited March 2013
“Better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We used to eat here a fair amount, but with the explosion of other Asian restaurants in the area hadn't done so for quite some time. I had read a few of the less spectacular reviews so I was hesitant to give it a try again but I am glad that we did.

The food was fresh and plentiful and nobody was dissatisfied with the taste or food quality. I was impressed with the amount of beef in the spicy shredded beef dish, and their pork fried dumplings were better than many I've had lately. Not soggy at all even for being take out.

We fed 6 people (2 adults 4 children) for $60 and still had more than enough leftovers for lunch and more. So, I'd say good value for the money, and as opposed to what one reader wrote about their seafood dishes being terrible and making them sick, we got the Lucky Family and I guess we got lucky because it was good.

Didn't love their lo-mein but only because their noodles are a bit thicker and I tend to prefer mei fun style. The sauce was good. Spring rolls were good.

Would eat here again for sure.

• Visited June 2013