“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Merritt Island, Florida
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Tried going here for the past few weeks but the timing wasn't right. Finally went there tonight for dinner and everything was right. I had a special, which was Grouper and asparagus French. WOW!!! Hubby had the medium cut of prime rib. We also had the clams steamed in a garlic wine broth. Everything was great and hubby says we may have found a new "regular" restaurant. It didn't take long to figure why they've been around since 1928!!! Food was great and so was the service. Can't wait to go back and try the other items on the menu I want.

Visited September 2013

newyork
“Nice anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary by having dinner at our local nice restaurant. The day was kind of meh in the weather department: cool, rainy and clouds. Hardly cooperative when one of the best part of Hedges is the view of Lake Ontario. But by the time we got to the restaurant it had begun to clear so our experience was not disappointing at all. Plus the food was amazing - for appetizers I had the french onion soup and my husband had the pork belly. The rest of the meal was equally good - my only suggestion is to order the salad dressings on the side - way overdressed otherwise. I'd definitely say you should try this place! Particularly on a nice evening!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Okeechobee, Florida
“ONE OF THE BEST ON THE LAKE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I have been regular's here for years. Our last visit was this past Sat. The evening started with cocktails while we listen to a great band. We were seated a per our reservation. My wife ordered her favorite the seafood over pasta I had the prime rib. The service was very good as was our dinners. The prime rib was very rare as ordered , tender and moist. My wifes seafood was as always excellent. This resturant has been part of the Rochester scene for years but has really come into its own on the food front in recent history. We always look forward to returning in the spring in fact is one of our first nights out when we return from FL. If you have not been there you shoud make a reservation and go.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Romantic lake views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Lovely evening on the lake. Hedges does a nice job with comfortable and ample seating outside and bar service. Inside is a different story. The hostess' were confusing to say the least. Wait staff needs more training on how to properly set a table and water service. The waitress had to continually remind the staff to fill water and other missing items. Bread served at the table were stale rolls. Our waitress Mary looked very busy but accomodating. Ordered the lobster bisque and it was clearly imitation lobster. Salads were limp and soggy. We ordered the pasta with seafood that my husband enjoyed and the fish fry was ok. The lake views and sunset were amazing. Wished we would have just done drinks and appetizers outside.

Visited August 2013
Rochester, NY
“This is Where it's at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was so long ago that I was last at Hedges 9 Mile Point Restuarant it seems like it was a dream I had. So I was extremely anxious to relive this experience. It was a special occassion for my GF and I, her brother and partner to take her parents out to dinner to celebrate an 86th birthday.

One could see from the vehicles parked in the parking lot that this was going to be one heck of a well-to-do dining experience. The location on the shores of Lake Ontario offered a magnificent view. Many patrons were out and about on the lawn to soak in the view.

Our reservations were for 7:00 PM and the restuarant was packed. We only had time enough to order a drink from the long long bar and our table was ready. We had asked for a table near a window and that's exactly what we got. A very beautiful view and a table that easily accommodated the six of us. Our server Rick was promptly at our table to welcome us and recite the specials of the evening.

The menu was typical for our locale, but not as extensive as I would have imagined. The prices on the menu were notable and one could only hope the food was as good as the pricing. We ordered three seafood combos over angel hair spagetti, two crabcake dinners and I ordered the middle prime, it's name escapes me. The salads and bread were good, but the bread was fast to disappear and no offer to replace with more.

When the meals arrived I was overwhelmed at the size of the Prime Rib. I thought it a mistake but was told it was correct. It was huge. Everyone commented that their food was delicious. My prime as big as it was, was just a tad cool for me. I would say it was warm not hot. But OMG! was it tender and delicious. I was giddie with enthusiasm for each bite. Delicious!

We were all stuffed by the time dinner was over. Everyone but I took leftovers home. As full as we were we decided to have some dessert to celebrate the birthday. My GF and I had a type of fudge with brownie sunday and it was so good we fought over the last bite.

All in all this was a wonderful dining experience. I could not help but notice that at even 9:00 PM the restuarant was still crowded with patrons. Oh and I forgot to mention that there was live entertainment in the lounge off the bar.

I will definitely be going back to Hedges again and I would recommend and encourage anyone to go there as well.

• Visited August 2013