“Efficient Staff, Knows About Promotions” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 107 Restaurants in Webster
Cuisines: Bagels
Webster, New York
“Efficient Staff, Knows About Promotions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Overall pros: Very efficient, knowledgeable staff who generally are well-trained. Nice decor; somewhat modern but relaxed enough for an informal business lunch or breakfast. Enough tables for several parties at once. Great tasting bagels - the cinnamon sugar, honey grain, and sesame are the best I've tasted!

Overall cons: Small waiting area for those wishing to place an order. Not a good place to take a large group; most tables couldn't possibly seat more than two. The counter blocks the names on the bagel baskets so that you can't see the bottom row until you're actually standing at the counter. I thought it was just that I'm short, but the gentleman in front of me was also standing on tiptoe trying to see the names on the lowest basket rack. The prices are a little steep, but not bad.

I visited the Webster Bruegger's twice last month to take advantage of some promotions the bakery was offering. The servers were different, but all seemed quite knowledgeable and efficient. Best of all, all four servers seemed to know about the promotions so I didn't have to do a lot of explaining like I sometimes find myself doing at other restaurants.

On the first visit I was second in line. The man ahead of me ordered his bagels; the waitress filled his order and I was at the counter in about 30 seconds. As a line was quickly growing behind me, another waitress came to the counter so they could serve customers more efficiently. I was very impressed.

The second time, the server (a man this time) had just finished serving a customer when I walked in behind another gentleman. He walked up to the counter, but the server was turning away and disappeared. He and another male server both walked by a couple times before serving the gentleman ahead of me. Over the minute or so that it took for the second server to handle the man in front of me, a line of four or five people developed behind me. There isn't really enough space for more than three or four people in line, so this was slightly awkward. As soon as the servers returned, we were served in very quick succession, but I thought it was odd that a single server should leave just as two people walked in the door.

Bottom Line: If you're looking for a fairly informal yet professional place to have a bagel or a light lunch, this is a great place to go. You'll pay more than fast food, but it will taste better, too.

• Visited February 2013